Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3. depends

• 4 dont care

• Total voters

2ndtier

Jan 14, 2004
Usair management has given PDT and ALG only 10 days to work out their merger.
ALG has approx 370 pilot and 40 airplanes but will be down to 18 by the end of 2004. If ALG was on their own by the end of 2004 they would have to furlough over half of their pilots not taking in to account pilots jumping ship etc!!

just curious what you think.

Straight date of hire really is the only fair way to merge the two. And though people may not want to get furloughed, they still know in the back of their mind that it's the right thing to do.

Hopefully there will be some news at the beginning of next week. The unions have until the 24th to come to an agreement. If they do not agree on terms, then Allegheny will cease operations.

Thanks bassin! I heard that the FA have come to an agreement, but not the mechanics. Have you heard that, too?

I heard the f/a's came to an agreement but nothing was put in writing yet. I did hear the mechanics have not agreed on anything yet. That was as of Wednesday. Rumor has it the pilot's came to an agreement also, but I have not seen anything stating that as a definite.

pilots.
alg mec caved in to U's terms and pdt said that they would merge but not on the terms given. its going to be an asset transfer I think.

The word is that Pdt pilots dont want Agl pilots, Pdt mechanics union dosen't want Alg mechanics, these seem to be senoirity issues. And the Group is hinting at a forced mergern rather than have a disruption of service. Wait 5 minutes the weather will change again. :blink:

I take back my previous statement ALG didnt cave in they were forced to sign. later they realized that the agreement was void due to improper notification to the pilot group.

now ALPA national and duane worth personally are trying to strong arm ALG into agreeing to the terms of the merger. I applaud the MEC members who are doing what they can ie (walking out on the meeting) to save their contract from getting voted out.

the big question is why is ALPA national going out on a limb to screw ALG. PDT and ALG have allready made their decision to merge even without all of the unions in agreement.

And I thought it was only those evil mainline pilots that lookes out for themselves! Simply amazing.

2ndtier said:
the big question is why is ALPA national going out on a limb to screw ALG.
At ALPA National it's Survival of the Fittest. Show signs of financial weakness and they pounce -- so that the strong may survive.

Back