Piedmont workers nearing open rebellion ....

Recently i became aware of some interesting rumors concerning our subsidiary here in PHX , Piedmont airlines .. it turns out that their workers are extremely unhappy with their pay and working conditions ... This was news to me because i really don't talk to any of them , i don't think many of us do , we're worlds apart and their still refered to as MESA by many of our people ...

I guess sometime last week they were going to attempt a work slowdown here in PHX , but their upper managment got drift of this and brought some serious managment oversight to their ramp ...

As i was being transported to the parking lot one day i happened to sit next to two of their employee's and overhear them complaning about their jobs , and how they hoped the union would get them that two dollar raise ( they top out at ten dollars ) there were also complaints about being treated poorly .. i once saw what their locker room looked like when i was on their side of the ramp , and it was disgusting ....

I'm not sure if they got a holiday meal this year for christmas , or if they've gotten meals in the past ... i suppose it's something you just don't ask " hey did they feed you ? , oh they didn't , sucks to be you bro! "

They've been missing alot of bags lately , and i heard one of our employee's was sent over to their ramp on a flex night ( increased operations ) to make sure all the bags were where they were suppose to be , and if there were serious errors to log the flight numbers off of misplaced bags ..he was accused of being a "spy " by some of the Piedmont workers to his face ... i've even seen offensive graffiti with my own eyes in their smoking area ... i'm telling you they are getting rowdy ...

it's funny , but when this topic first came up with fellow rampers i remember someone saying "but we OWN them , how dare they ! " I think that our culture towards them here in PHX has gone from outright hostility ( from the days of mesa ) to complete oblivion ...

I just thought i would share these observations on what's going on with piedmont with all of you ... while i no longer hate them , i don't much care what happens over there either ...

I don't think i have ever heard anyone accuse phx fleet service of having too much class.

Only in a union environment do work groups general hate each other. Even if they are both union go figure. In the "real world" most people just go to work do their jobs, help each other out regardless of job or title and go home content, the stuff you waste your energy and mind on are truly sad.

Reactions: 2 people
Only in a union environment do work groups general hate each other. Even if they are both union go figure. In the "real world" most people just go to work do their jobs, help each other out regardless of job or title and go home content, the stuff you waste your energy and mind on are truly sad.

Coming from some one who hates entire cities, states, and work groups.

Your 'real world' is so small you think you have seen it all.

Reactions: 1 person
Here is a clue for you the airline industry is a union environment so is the federal government America's civil servants workers

Only in a union environment do work groups general hate each other.
http://www.thestreet.com/story/11358701/1/us-airways-affiliate-plans-laguardia-layoffs.html
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (TheStreet) -- US Airways(LCC_) says that 299 workers at subsidiary Piedmont Airlines will lose their jobs as it downsizes at New York's LaGuardia Airport.

http://www.thestreet.com/story/11358701/1/us-airways-affiliate-plans-laguardia-layoffs.html
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (TheStreet) -- US Airways(LCC_) says that 299 workers at subsidiary Piedmont Airlines will lose their jobs as it downsizes at New York's LaGuardia Airport.
WOW!!! That's too bad!!! Let's see here..... The contract/(outsourcing) group that's been doing our job for how many years now is losing jobs......hmmmm....I bet there are a ton of ex-mainline employees around who really feel sorry for any of them!!!!! I say since those jobs were taken from us in the early to mid 90's it's of absolutely no concern to us, and remember over the last 2-3 years Parker and Co. have outsourced well over 40 stations and eliminated 1000+ jobs and given them to more contractors......

Give me a break!!!!!!

Delta is hiring about 700 in the same time frame.

"Coincidenza?" -- Fr. Guido Sarducci

Anyway, those 299 employees may end up working for a real airline.

I say since those jobs were taken from us in the early to mid 90's it's of absolutely no concern to us, and remember over the last 2-3 years Parker and Co. have outsourced well over 40 stations and eliminated 1000+ jobs and given them to more contractors......
The jobs were not "taken" from you. Every employee, all crafts, gave them away.

You want to blame others, fine. At least be honest that you, everyone, gave away the store.

There is only one way, legally, to get it back. It will involve terminations and, likely, arrests. All will be forgiven only if you all work together.

I say, occupy Parker's house. If they arrest everyone, who will run the airline?

Fleet Service wasn't represented at the time.

Admittedly, they could have been if personal ambition didn't trump solidarity.

Delta is hiring about 700 in the same time frame.

"Coincidenza?" -- Fr. Guido Sarducci

Anyway, those 299 employees may end up working for a real airline.
Last time I was through LGA I was told that Delta indicated to them that it would be a waste of time to apply.

Well, the majority of the slots that were exchanged with DL at LGA were US Airway Express slots. Why would Piedmont keep those 299 workers around at LGA when the flights have ceased to exist? Bueler...... anyone ........ anyone? Math skills in the US need to be placed at top priority in schools.

I have no idea how many ground employees PDT has at LGA, but the 299 is the amount to be furloughed. Not the number that keep their jobs. I suspect that US will still have some Express flights at LGA, for example the LGA-PHL. Plus I don't know how low the number of mainline flights can go before the various employee groups are "Expressed".

Jim

But take comfort guys, Freedom doesn't hate ya'll anymore....