Pilot strike

"If you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a small chance of survival. There may even be a worse case: you may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves."

Winston Churchill

"If you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a small chance of survival. There may even be a worse case: you may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves."

Winston Churchill
<salute>

I was doing some casual research today and stumbled on some interesting historical notes concerning the NW 1998 Pilots' strike. Maybe a lot of the folks out there are aware of the following, but I was not and found it interesting.

During the the 1998 NW pilot strike the current chairman of the ALPA NW MEC was on the pilot's negotiating committee.

During the 1998 pilot strike, NW's VP for Labor Relations was, Doug Steenland

Deja vu all over again.

The history here is NOT good if your goal is NWA's survival.
HMMMM.interesting, and worthy of thought. YA got a link or reference? i just might like to take a look at that.

I hope NWA thinks twice here before trying to play a game of chicken with the pilots. just my thoughts.......

Back