NORTHWEST AIRLINES: Next battle at Northwest: Outsourcing (Grand Forks Herald)

You are, of course, aware that most MRO operators are not covered by TSA, FAA and airport badging regulations, are you not?

I must disagree with you on that one NWA/AMT. Every facility that I have been at, you have a ten-year background check, you receive a badge for access to the facility and clocking in and there has been security at every one of them.

There was one guy that was terminated a day after he started because he had a warrant out for nonpayment of a speeding ticket in another state. MRO's are subject to the same security measures as any other airport. The incident you mention simply displays the ineffectiveness of airport security. That is why I think that it is such a waste of time, money and effort.

I must disagree with you on that one NWA/AMT. Every facility that I have been at, you have a ten-year background check, you receive a badge for access to the facility and clocking in and there has been security at every one of them.

Yet TIMCO only performed a five-year employment check on direct employees and none at all on subs. The TIMCO employees were not issued airport badges as their work area was outside the TSA-mandated area.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/04/13/...894_page3.shtml

Disagree all you wish, the facts are the facts.

That was pure ignorance on all the agencies involved there. Like I said our airport and now let me also add industry security measures are inadequate and always will be. It is a waste of time. If I go through security to get to work they would confiscate my knife but I can go through the back gate with no problems, not so much as a glance from the security guard sitting in his little booth. What kind of crap is that?

Back