PilotAction American Airlines and US Airways News Update

If the shoe was on the other foot and somebody was trying to cheat you after making a deal, don't tell me you would not want to grab a hammer and nail your opponent..

But you guys, as often as not, hit yourselves in the head when you draw back the hammer! Not everything is about the Nic!

But you guys, as often as not, hit yourselves in the head when you draw back the hammer! Not everything is about the Nic!

It's also about honor as in honoring an agreement. Usapians are trying to make a mockery of arbitration and mediation.

If your side is successful, I'd say let's do away with the arbitration process all together. It all ends up in court anyway.

I think it's headed that way because a handshake has no meaning anymore.

Reactions: 1 person
Just read the USAPA update. Glad to see USAPA's name on the letter. Kudos! Alright, enough of that, I'm putting down my USAPA pomp pomps :)

Bean

Reactions: 1 person
Just read the USAPA update. Glad to see USAPA's name on the letter. Kudos! Alright, enough of that, I'm putting down my USAPA pomp pomps :)

Bean

They were too busy looking through Cactuspilot.com's messages to bother with an update. It seems they are distracted.

Snipe hunters.

All the help the east pilots should give this managment team, should be "retrospective".

It's also about honor as in honoring an agreement. Usapians are trying to make a mockery of arbitration and mediation.

If your side is successful, I'd say let's do away with the arbitration process all together. It all ends up in court anyway.

I think it's headed that way because a handshake has no meaning anymore.

Us Airways, America West Seniority Dispute rough draft timeline

2005-2006 US Airways, United in merger talks

2005 Us Airways, America West merge

May 2007 Arbitrator George Nicolau’ pilot seniority award was issued. The award was written with the assistance of two ALPA pilot neutrals, Steve Gillen United Airlines Pilot and Jim Brucia former Continental pilot now United Airlines Pilot.

2007 Us Airways pilots ask ALPA to review the award. ALPA president John Prater, former Continental pilot now United Airlines pilot, assigns ALPA vice president Paul Rice, United pilot, to review the award.

December 2007, Paul Rice, United pilot, delivers seniority list to Us Airways.

2007 A group of Us Airways pilots start a drive to start their own in house pilot union.

March 2008 ALPA puts the Us Airways ALPA Mec in trusteeship.

April 2008 In a National Mediation Board sanctioned election, Us Airways pilots oust ALPA and vote in USAPA as their official pilot representative.

May 2008 United calls off merger talk with Us Airways.

June 24, 2008 United Airlines starts furloughing pilots that will eventually lead to 1450 pilots at United on the street. Had a merger occurred using the Nicolau award derived with the assistance of United pilot neutrals, Us Airways pilots would have suffered the brunt of the furloughs and few United pilots would have been effected.

2008 America West pilots sue for DFR against USAPA.

2009 2010 US Airways and United restart merger talks.

April 2010 United Us Airways end merger talks.

June 2010 The 9th circuit court rules in USAPA’s favor.

I would try to obtain an agreement with the company before your continued support. You may become the seperated or otherwise disposed of asset.

"AMR and US Airways Group must cooperate with each other and use their respective reasonable best efforts to defend any lawsuits or legal proceedings or any actions by a governmental entity challenging the Closing or the other transactions contemplated by the Merger Agreement. This obligation to use reasonable best efforts to consummate and make effective the Merger may require, if necessary, that AMR or US Airways Group (i) sell, hold separate, or otherwise dispose of its assets or the assets of its subsidiaries or conduct its business in a specified manner or (ii) permit its assets or the assets of its subsidiaries to be sold,
held separate, or disposed of or permit its business to be conducted in a specified manner. However, neither AMR nor US Airways Group is obligated to
effect any divestiture or take any other action (a) if doing so would, individually or in the aggregate, reasonably be expected to result in a material adverse
effect to AAG, if any such sale, holding separate, or other disposition of assets or conduct of business in a specified manner would be required to be
effected prior to the occurrence of the Effective Time, or © in the case of AMR, that is not permitted by the Bankruptcy Court after AMR has used its
reasonable best efforts to promptly obtain permission from the Bankruptcy Court to take such action."

It's about doing what's right. What don't you understand about the binding part of arbitration? No second bites of the apple.

Yousapa bet the farm on DOH. You guys sure went about it the hard way, forming a faux union. Shouldn't a union be just that an entity which unifies?

Usapians were the biggest critics on the planet against my union, ALPA. You get all bent out of shape when I question the false prophets heading the so-called union.

I know my rights, I can criticize and have freedom of speech.

No wonder USAPA doesn't have a message board, they can't take it.

Union Member's Bill of Rights
Free Speech and Due Process
The Union Member’s Bill of Rights, Title 1 of the LMRDA, guarantees the following democratic rights to all union members:

Equal rights and privileges to nominate candidates, to vote in elections or referendums, and to attend and participate in union meetings and vote on the business of the meeting, subject to reasonable rules in the union constitution and/or bylaws;
Freedom of speech and assembly, including the right to:
  • criticize union officials;
  • express any viewpoint at union meetings (subject to reasonable rules of conduct);
  • distribute literature outside the union hall or inside the hall if members cannot reasonably be reached from outside;
  • hold separate meetings without interference from union officials;
The right to secret ballot vote on rates of dues, initiation fees, and assessments;
The right to sue the union, without reprisal, if internal appeals do not produce a satisfactory result within four months, or if you disagree with the union's decision;
You are protected from improper union discipline. Due process is required in internal union disciplinary hearings, including:
  • the right to specific, written charges;
  • the right to confront and cross-examine accusers;
  • adequate time to prepare a defense;
  • the right to a full and fair hearing and a decision based on the evidence.

It's about doing what's right. What don't you understand about the binding part of arbitration? No second bites of the apple.

Yousapa bet the farm on DOH. You guys sure went about it the hard way, forming a faux union. Shouldn't a union be just that an entity which unifies?

Usapians were the biggest critics on the planet against my union, ALPA. You get all bent out of shape when I question the false prophets heading the so-called union.

I know my rights, I can criticize and have freedom of speech.

No wonder USAPA doesn't have a message board, they can't take it.

File a grievance and abide by it. Even Us Airways says it is a minor dispute. You do know how to file a grievance, correct?

If the shoe was on the other foot and somebody was trying to cheat you after making a deal, don't tell me you would not want to grab a hammer and nail your opponent..

if the shoe was on the other foot and I saw how utterly ridicolous it was I would be open to discussion on how to solve the problem. You know something that would work for both sides.. I firmly belive there was a solution for open minds...

It's about doing what's right. What don't you understand about the binding part of arbitration? ....

This has all been in the context of getting a new JCBA. The issue is how we as a union proceed. Folks won't always agree and will use whatever means they have available to alter the process the union has chosen. Threats, intimidation, lawsuits, slander, you name it.... if they don't have the votes, what else do you expect? :lol: