Pilots learn AA schedule for implementing changes

STL closing as a base was about as predictable as the Packers beating the Bears last night.

Since FAs can fly all equipment, the economics and efficiencies are different from those of the pilots. I know of no plans to close SLT for FAs. AA doesn't seem to mind small bases.

I talked with STL MOD this morning. Article is incorrect. Seems the Chief Pilot was at STL yesterday. He admitted to the fact that they are considering closing STL, but no firm decision has been made.

I said all along that as long as there was a pilot base at STL, there would be a f/a base. There are just certain economies and efficiencies associated with having a f/a base where there is a pilot base and vice versa (to an extent). And the way that pilot base agreement was written, they were never going to get rid of the pilot base until most of the former TW pilots had retired or voluntarily transferred to other bases.

However, with the abrogation of the pilot contract, all bets are off.

Closing of the pilot base at STL was in the term sheet and was in the LBO. Like eolesen said, if anything is a given, it's that the STL pilot base will close. STL is nothing more than a spoke, and it's not the largest spoke.

Yeah, well there are a lot of things in the term sheet and the LBFO that the company has already said they are not going to do--at least, not right away. Or, they are going to implement the LBFO version of an item rather than the term sheet version.