Pilots Union Puts Arpey on Notice

Consider - a little bit of honesty from the elite would have gone a long way in preventing much of the ill-will many have now toward both union and company, that is, IF said ill-will wasn't welcomed.

True. Honest they are not. I wish they would use some of their "smarts" to realize that a little honest would go a long way.

Question for Dont touch the beauty. Why do you constantly troll this forum. Dont you have enough issues at your own carrier to worry about. Or do you just take sick pleasure in life insulting other companies. Do you enjoy pointing out other peoples weaknesses. What is your problem. Please remember what the good doctor said on your last visit. Take your meds daily. Please quit skipping doses it is nothealthy

And now, maybe its just me, but I don't think it is real smart of this pilot's union to publicly announce that AA has mentally unstable pilots in the cockpit. Especially since my gut tells me to really doubt such a statement. The tone of the letter reeks of inuendo.

I could be wrong!
You are.
This sentence preceeded what you are concerned about.

"We no longer have time to participate, as we are needed back at APA headquarters to work on issues such as restoring our members' pay and overturning management's illegal, immoral, and retroactive garnishment of earned and rightful sick pay for our pilots"

A pilot collecting sick pay would not be flying.

I liked the letter, no BS and sends a clear message, too bad we willl never see anything like that from Little or his puppets. If welcomed I would gladly walk a picket with them.

UA is on the chopping block. Tilton has one goal in mind...to increase shareholder value. The "For sale" sign is out front, and it is up to the employees at this time to start thinking about Plan A and Plan B. Do you remain on the Titanic (Plan A), or go with one of the pieces (Plan B ), as the Eastern employees who went with Trump Shuttle did?

A company doesn't just put it "out there" that they are interested in "burning the furniture" unless some serious decisions have already been made at the top.

UA is worth more in pieces, and a fragmented UA will make a merger more palatable to the government.

UA is one big garage sale. :lol: :lol:

I am sure we will be hiriing and UA employees can always interview with AA, but we will be checking for "UA attitude." No doubt, AA will try to put into place a new form of B-scale before they start hiring again, and this will fund the expansion. I may not agree with AA management, but they are not dumb.

Oh, my poor little StrAAight... Seems as if your facts have gotten all twisted and tattered again. Perhaps you could tell me what the last employee newsletter from Glenn Tilton was titled??? I am sure this won't be a problem for you since you know all too much about the daily business of UA. Furthermore - go and read it. Your information is based on fear and emotion, most all of your posts are... Like I said, I am not a UA cheerleader so you don't have to rant and rave about it to me, b/c I just say it like it is... 6 billion in the bank doesn't mean crap if your debt is over 17billion and your not making any money due to paying workers more money. Step back from the AA juice and look at the big picture... Does it look fuzzy? mmmmhhhuummmm.... I will wait for our pieces to be sold off... Don't think it will happen..... you will be waiting and salivating for a long time StrAAight :lol: :lol: :up:

Better dust off your resume. You'll be back at USAirways Express before you know it. :lol:

Or you can interview to be an AA new-hire B-scaler under the new contract. :rolleyes:

Better dust off your resume. You'll be back at USAirways Express before you know it. :lol:

Or you can interview to be an AA new-hire B-scaler under the new contract. :rolleyes:

LOL, whats wrong StrAAight?? Can't provide a answer to my questions?? More slander and bashing?? I would much rather be at an express carrier than be stuck with the likes of a nasty mean soul like you.. :up: :eek: :lol: LLOOOSSSAAAAAAA

LOL, whats wrong StrAAight?? Can't provide a answer to my questions?? More slander and bashing?? I would much rather be at an express carrier than be stuck with the likes of a nasty mean soul like you.. :up: :eek: :lol: LLOOOSSSAAAAAAA

Don't worry. You'll be back there before long, and won't have to deal with the "likes of a nasty mean soul like" me. :lol: :lol:

I agree with Bears. If BK is inevitable, let's go for it; build up a nice war chest; then buy pieces of UA at fire sale prices.

The new name for UNITED Airlines is going to be DIVIDED Airlines.

The pilots should get a 35 % raise along with improved work rules. One place AA can get the money is by cutting the other union people at AA by 35%. AA can not fly without the pilots. They have to be at the controls, but it does not need the other 2 big work groups to keep it in the air. Shut down AFW, TULe, and Mcie and farm it out. Also farm out the ramp. Do not have to worry about the f/a's. They will just be happy having a job. Management wouod also be able to get a large raise by doing the above. After all, they kept AA out of BK whick was the best thing to do The are the ones that spent many long hours getting everything in order so they would not have to file BK. Management and the pilots are the only two group that you have to have to make AA strong, The only thing that the pilots need to do is to again to fly the longer routes that AA is appiling for. If they will agree to that, give them 35 to 45 percent as they do really deserve it.

Now all of you can start bashing me now, but with the pilots and management doing this, AA will come out on top. Maybe I should send in my resume as I would like to have a hand in getting this done. You don't need rampers and amt's or what ever they are called to get the job done. Medical could also be better for the pilots and management if the rampers and amts are gone.
This would also do away with the amt's and rampers that sleep about half of their shifts also.

I am ready. come on with your BS.

Looks like I am right and the rampers and amts know it as they have nothing to say.

The pilots should get a 35 % raise along with improved work rules. One place AA can get the money is by cutting the other union people at AA by 35%. AA can not fly without the pilots. They have to be at the controls, but it does not need the other 2 big work groups to keep it in the air. Shut down AFW, TULe, and Mcie and farm it out. Also farm out the ramp. Do not have to worry about the f/a's. They will just be happy having a job. Management wouod also be able to get a large raise by doing the above. After all, they kept AA out of BK whick was the best thing to do The are the ones that spent many long hours getting everything in order so they would not have to file BK. Management and the pilots are the only two group that you have to have to make AA strong, The only thing that the pilots need to do is to again to fly the longer routes that AA is appiling for. If they will agree to that, give them 35 to 45 percent as they do really deserve it.

Now all of you can start bashing me now, but with the pilots and management doing this, AA will come out on top. Maybe I should send in my resume as I would like to have a hand in getting this done. You don't need rampers and amt's or what ever they are called to get the job done. Medical could also be better for the pilots and management if the rampers and amts are gone.
This would also do away with the amt's and rampers that sleep about half of their shifts also.

Looks like I am right and the rampers and amts know it as they have nothing to say.

Now, THAT'S funny! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here's a link you might find useful....

Link

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not so fast wndriver.

I have an answer for YOU.

You might very well, be "partially" correct, in that AA could farm out A/C maintainance, except in places like TUL/AFW/MCI/ORD/BOS/JFK/MIA/LAX/SFO/SJU, and the same for FSC, except in the hubs, and large focus cities like JFK etc.

Just FYI, that(above) scenario was envisioned almost 20 years ago, by a guy named BOB CRANDALL(You may have heard of him)?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not so fast wndriver.

I have an answer for YOU.

You might very well, be "partially" correct, in that AA could farm out A/C maintainance, except in places like TUL/AFW/MCI/ORD/BOS/JFK/MIA/LAX/SFO/SJU, and the same for FSC, except in the hubs, and large focus cities like JFK etc.

Just FYI, that(above) scenario was envisioned almost 20 years ago, by a guy named BOB CRANDALL(You may have heard of him)?

AA is the largest carrier out there. Who would they farm out their maintenance and Ramp to?Not only that but where would the cost advantage be? If AA cant get people at the wages they are paying then how could a third party get people, pay them and make a profit for themselves for less? AA is getting work in because outfits like North American cant get mechanics, nobody wants to say anything because they are still trying to lower our expectations and they know that once it becomes common knowledge that mechaincs know the pot is empty we will demand more.

Ignore SWdriver, if the company could have farmed everything out they would have years ago. Lets not forget that for decades AA was the leader in sending work out. They sent out everything they could and a lot of it came back because the vendors could not handle the work and failed to deliver the same quality and timeliness(Boeing is now going through the same thing with their 787) , they only kept what made financial sense and that certainly has not changed because in real terms AAs compensation to individual workers is lower than ever.

Back