PIT airport costs

Rob

Senior
Aug 19, 2002
Usually PIT is touted as an efficient and cheap airport. Last week''s AWST lists average costs per enplaned passenger post-9/11 and shows a different picture.
PIT- $8.82 per pax
ORD - $8.80
PHL- $7.75
CLE- $7.01
DTW- $6.10
CVG- $3.80
CLT- $1.83
Obviously, unless that''s a misprint, whatever they''re doing in CLT should be the model. Any comments on PIT''s relatively poor showing?

Interesting, as CLT is by far one of the best connecting facilities I've seen (and is definitely the best connecting facility for US), from a passenger's standpoint.

you know i laugh more and more.. southwest does not go to places that cost too much.. they work out that with the city.. the basic problem is the ATC thing. since they have entered th NE region their ontime is out of control and they know that. They do not go by ACARS on their 737. their crews make up their times.. they get bonuses for that. The Northeast region is not kind.. Ontime what is that.. They looked at PHL.. hey right.. the JFK of the 60's and 70's.. two runways.. close one we dont have enough gates.. wind blowing the wrong way on a clear day.. oh 2 hr delays.. nice... thats why WN goes elsewhere.. BWI makes sense but i have yet to see any airline being immune to reality. But i have to give WN credit with all the problems with their unions they seem to work it out.. I guess for so called happy company is guess we still need UNIONS...

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/9/2002 9:49:46 PM USFlyer wrote:

Interesting, as CLT is by far one of the best connecting facilities I've seen (and is definitely the best connecting facility for US), from a passenger's standpoint.
----------------
[/blockquote]

It will be, once the work on E is finished. Let me tell you that the hike from the end of the new express concourse to B or C (IIRC) is a bear.

PIT might be getting better (for connections, anyway) when/if MDA ever ramps up and they move all express ops out of E. It would be nice to get the jetways or adapters to fit the RJs--seems kind of funny that AA boards their RJs thru jetways in D.