PIT Post Gazette The Best May Be Behind USAirways

Sorry but when did the post gazette ever post a positive article of its once hometown airline?
Like never, if its negative this newspaper will be sure to print it.
Boy you've got that right! We quit having the paper delivered years ago because of it. It's enough to go to work and deal with it but then to come home and get hammered day in and day out, enuff is enuff.....

In all fairness to the paper they only are printing the truth. Though it's hard to read everything isn't all peachie. As for the paper slamming it's "hometown" airline, how did USairways treat the locals of Pittsburgh and surrounding areas? Yeah they hubbed there but charged you throught the nose. I agree that the Post can be a bit harsh but what SHOULD they write about when it comes to Usairways? How they put on ice cream and hot dog parties for us? How they have downgraded their service to crj's against Southwest on PIT-PHL? I mean really. :lol:

Sorry but when did the post gazette ever post a positive article of its once hometown airline?

sky high states: Same goes for Television Media in Pittsburgh, the NEWS STATIONS. KDKA, WTAE, etc. Always slamming this airline and it's employees. :down:

Same happened in CLT a decade ago. I remember all the employees getting together to cancel their subscriptions to the newspaper, the CLT Observer. :up:

only stating opinions

Sorry, but I didn't read this as a negative article. It seemed pretty accurate and factual. Also, it ended on a somewhat positive note.

If you're looking for positive puff-pieces, I would suggest the East Valley Tribune (AZ).

In all fairness to the paper they only are printing the truth. Though it's hard to read everything isn't all peachie. As for the paper slamming it's "hometown" airline, how did USairways treat the locals of Pittsburgh and surrounding areas? Yeah they hubbed there but charged you throught the nose. I agree that the Post can be a bit harsh but what SHOULD they write about when it comes to Usairways? How they put on ice cream and hot dog parties for us? How they have downgraded their service to crj's against Southwest on PIT-PHL? I mean really. :lol:
Yep and Southwest is filling those PIT-PHL seats with US PIT based F/A and pilot's heading to and from work :lol:

Yep and Southwest is filling those PIT-PHL seats with US PIT based F/A and pilot's heading to and from work :lol:

That's true on many WN flights between PHL-PIT. WN is generally not even close to being sold out, whereas US, Republic, and Air Wisconsin flights are almost always oversold.

sky high states: Same goes for Television Media in Pittsburgh, the NEWS STATIONS. KDKA, WTAE, etc. Always slamming this airline and it's employees. :down:

Same happened in CLT a decade ago. I remember all the employees getting together to cancel their subscriptions to the newspaper, the CLT Observer. :up:

only stating opinions

The PIT papers do not "slam" employees. They basically slam management that run this airline. The end of the article basically summed it up. If they settle their labor issues with employees, the company will be able to move forward even when times are tighter, labor has no more tolerance for hearing the "doom and gloom" mantra management is always bantering.

Free pass is over for U. The company needs to settle contracts; make some improvements by taking "best nation" lanaguage and go about the business of creating a service product that beats the competition.

Free pass is over for U. The company needs to settle contracts; make some improvements by taking "best nation" lanaguage and go about the business of creating a service product that beats the competition.
Well as far as creating a service product that beats the competition...they said we are getting F/C glassware back on Transcon----OOOOOPS ! They took out that side of the galley where they need to store the glassware on the 320/321....not to mention the loss of closets for F/C coats or hanging bags...we can't beat the competition with decisions like this.... :down: and that's just one situation.

The PIT papers do not "slam" employees. They basically slam management that run this airline. The end of the article basically summed it up. If they settle their labor issues with employees, the company will be able to move forward even when times are tighter, labor has no more tolerance for hearing the "doom and gloom" mantra management is always bantering.

I basically agree with you. The only thing is the news slamming in PIT has been going on for years. We moved to PIT in 86 and I can remember it happening then. In the days of Mr Ed things weren't all that bad especially compared to now. I finally quit getting the Beaver County Times when year after year on the anniversary of 427 they did a full front page recap. When they printed word for word transcripts of the voice cockpit recorder(screams included) I cried. Sometimes they just go overboard.

Latest posts