Pit Sets O & D Record

I suspect that PIT's 'hubbing' structure is not optimal because CCY is still afraid that PHL will implode with additional connecting traffic. So, PIT is failing at both a hub operation and a O & D operation. The PHL factor is effecting PIT.

:D I don't think that PIT is really failing at anything. US Airways is "THE" laughing stock of the city. I, waiting for my leave date, don't even like to say where I work. Many feel the same way. Love my co but enough is enough. Too expensive to operate from?....tell that to Southwest, America West, Air Tran, USA3000 and even the legacies ! ! Usairways is shrinking and loads are increasing. It really does go to show that the so called "economical impact" of losing a hub isn't really that important after all. Have you seen all the growth around the airport lately? Doom and Gloom. I love it. When I move next month to Las Vegas maybe I can work for America West when we merge. LOL...what a riot. :D

Travelpro72 said:
When I move next month to Las Vegas maybe I can work for America West when we merge. LOL...what a riot.
[post="262117"][/post]​
Travelpro, trust me when I say you DONT want to work for AWA in LAS or any other city(sorry HP FA, nothing personal).

I've heard that Air Midwest/Mesa (d/b/a US Airways Express) has given Clarksburg/ Morgantown/Parkersburg West Virginia their 90-day Notice to Discontinue Airline Service. Service from these markets, at least for the next 90-days, was into PIT. Apparently, the idea behind the notice is these airports will immediately become EAS markets, then Mesa can bid the route and receive EAS subsidy where no subsidy is currently available.

TUG... I honestly will NEVER work for another airline. I always wanted to do it and 8 years has been more than enough for me. I have friends jumping ship right now to LCC's and one that almost jumped to CO. How they can even afford to start over is beyond me. I will keep my feet on the ground once I get my leave out of here. I think there is more trouble brewing for other carriers than many would choose to admit. I can't handle the threats and not knowing your schedule, having no money. Most important, I like money and its not to be had in this bizz. Best to all.

FM2436 said:
I've heard that Air Midwest/Mesa (d/b/a US Airways Express) has given Clarksburg/ Morgantown/Parkersburg West Virginia their 90-day Notice to Discontinue Airline Service.
[post="262234"][/post]​
Are they trying to move that service to IAD? I know Colgan moved their SHD service from PIT to IAD, and I believe Altoona got moved to IAD as well.

whlinder said:
Are they trying to move that service to IAD? I know Colgan moved their SHD service from PIT to IAD, and I believe Altoona got moved to IAD as well.
[post="262259"][/post]​

As of the schedule now, AOO still goes to PIT.

Let's see, Colgan has going to IAD: BLF/BKW, SHD... what else? They also do BLF/BKW to CMH (1X daily). What other ESA-type service does Colgan do to IAD? I think they are doing BFD/JHW-PIT (using Saab 340's).

Interesting to read. It correlates well with something else I read recently, how Air Midwest is going to lease ~10 1900Ds to Big Sky where they will be used on EAS routes as Big Sky retires their Metroliners. Ornstein said
"With the completion of this transaction, substantially all of our remaining 1900D flying will be in conjunction with the government subsidized Essential Air Service program. While not guaranteed, the program is designed to provide the operator a 5% profit on a fully allocated basis. This compares to a fully allocated pretax loss of $9.8 million in our 1900D operation last fiscal year," said Jonathan Ornstein Mesa's Chairman and Chief Executive Officer.

http://mesa.client.shareholder.com/ir/Rele...eleaseID=153745

I guess they want all their 1900Ds on EAS routes. Perhaps these routes are getting chopped because those are some of the 1900s going to Big Sky?

WestCoastGuy said:
Time and again, the various management teams in CCY have proven they have no concept how to form a competitive base. The one area where they all excell, is turning tail and running. Handing over everything to the competition on a silver platter. The current crop of misfits at CCY is no different. Yet they continue to slap each other on the back and hand out those bonus bucks and golden parachutes.
[post="261992"][/post]​

Amen, Brother!

Light Years said:
Wouldn't it make more sense to transfer those flights to CLT to feed the hub, than to Dulles?

Probably, but I'm fairly certain that the EAS contract with the government states that Colgan may serve either IAD or PIT from those markets (and receive the government subsidy).