Pit's Future

PineyBob said:
Did it ever occur to you that certain of your contacts might just be blowing smoke up your assets just for the shear fun of reading these threads?
We have a winner.

The PIT negotiations are stalled because the county and state have no intentions of bailing US out of a situation of US' making without something in return, and smell blood in the water. Much to my suprise, even Danny Onorato seems to be saying "no new taxes."

Little Dave has nowhere to go. There has yet to be any sort of credible evidence that US has any realistic move here. My bet is that they take the $125-$200 in debt reduction over 5 years and MDA moves in.

What y'uns don't seem to realize is that PIT is not bailing U out of anything.
CLT is ready and willing to absorb the extra flying.
PIT was a good place for a hub back in the prop days, but now jets can easily overfly and go coast to coast. PIT is too far east for an east- west hub and too far north for a north-south hub. All that is left is smaller cities to mainline. Guess what?, those smaller cities can connect north-south through CLT and east-west through PHL or ORD via RJ's. I say good riddance to PIT and whats left of the old Allegheny/Mohawk/Lake Central/USAir and lets get on with a forward thinking company not hung up with the steel mill mentality. Move it to CLT and we'll make US Airways "A model of how good an airline can be", maybe even "Airline Of The Year"... :up: