Us Airways Seeking Tax Increases

USFlyer,

Oh, I see your slanted logic here and what measures you take to "rationalize" this indesency...... Like saying cause we have a new mangement, then the hell with the debt they walked away from. THAT BELONGS TO THE PAST CORPORATION..hmmmm this is interesting logic.

Like saying, I just ran up all my credit careds to the max, robbed my neighbors, stole from the convenience store, robbed my employer, got caught, spend time in jail (BK like U) and bingo! I've repented and get to start "afresh"...like it never happened. All those that lost out of that deal, will just have to suffer through it, cause I've repented and am make "a new".

Hey, I think your on to something here...I think every American should run with that logic USFlyer just impled in his post. Hell with everyone, its just business anyway, right? If your dumn enough to trust folks in business, you get what's coming to you...yea, that's sound logical
FROM YOUR FRIGGEN SICK VIEWPOINT!. In fact, just keep doing business with them a gain and again and again. LOL....

Yup, that's the way to get ahead in the Americas, just screw the next guy to get on top!

Here's another type of logic for ya, since we are on that track....Your 5% morgage has just been bought out by another lender who bought your loan...and guess what? The interest rate you signed on with your morgageholder just sold your cheap loan and the new dealer says...your morgage with us is now 10%. And if you don't like it, then try financing with someone else with brand new closing costs. And if you happened to be employed with U and have "suckey" credit on your reduced wages....hey this is america, land that means politically correct to go to BK, and be screwed by the next guy if your dumb enough and its legal!

What a trend to teach our children, huh? Got to love ya guys...you sick %#7344s!

God bless our PA state Representatives and Gov. Rendaell...my new "penpal".

Someone take thisdamn machine away from me....

Pretender2003, that doesn't sound so good. Roddey is just as bad as Siegel, shooting off his mouth. He made it sound as if the airline will go under without a merger. Seriously, if you look at what's going on with the US/UAL codeshare, we're pulling out service to small towns they serve, they are pulling out of small markets we serve, all being replaced by codeshare flights. Then, you have PIT, a big hub between the airlines two biggest hubs, Philadelphia and Chicago. Yeah, it doesn't look good for PIT in any scenerio. I was holding out hope that PIT could remain a small mainline base, kind of like Boston. But, that doesn't look like it will happen.

PITbull -

Relax. The bankruptcy process is what it is. I didn't create it, our politicians did. I also don't appreciate being called names, implied or otherwise. If you're this upset with US Airways, you really need to find a new job. It's inconceivable you would remain with this company given your anger.

USFlyer,

AS a cost savings...get rid of U and their so called added debt solutions to PA problems.

And with regard to your comment about me leaving..."kiss off". I am just upset with you. I can handle U.

I am here for the count. Twenty three years here and much longer than mangememt. WE are stake holders, stock holders, and Board members, as well as the foundation and franchise of U as employees. Where have you been? This is my company. I am not visiting here, its permanenet until there is "change" in leadership. I am sharing that epiphany with you, friend.

USFlyer is right.

Also, it's rediculous to say that ACAA (or its predecessor) have no responsibility for its own capital expenses. Local governments should say no to overbuilding facilities and relying too much on one company.

I'll bet you that if you look at the bond covenant documents you'll find a long discussion of the RISK that ACAA is accepting in buildihng the terminal AND the risk that the bondholders are accepting by buying the bonds. THAT RISK IS THAT U will go bankrupt. THATS what happened. IT's bad. You can hate U, if you want, but I'd recommend staying in touch with reality.

Of course if you have an agenda to spread inaccurate impressions of reality (you know the Bush strategy) then that's fine too.

Row,

Then following your lead here....Pittsburgh airport authority should no not repeat the same mistakes twice and no longer go down an untrustworhty path again with U mangement.

I happen to now agree.

PITbull said:
AS a cost savings...get rid of U and their so called added debt solutions to PA problems.

And with regard to your comment about me leaving..."kiss off". I am just upset with you. I can handle U.
I've been a long believer US should pull out of PIT. So, in this regard, we agree. I've also been a long believer that U needs to and will merge with another carrier.

Also, really, don't get upset with a random person on a public message board. I certainly hope you have more things in life to get you upset than me. I mean no harm to US employees or US the company. Just I sit here reading some of these posts and it just seems like some folks have a distorted view of reality and a distorted view of what the options -- all around -- really are.

PB-

We do agree but you and your governor and your county guy continually imply that you are NOT going to treat U like any other tenant at PIT.

That's the potential problem.

Is the county going to have payroll requirements for all carriers using PIT? Or are those requirements only going to apply to some carriers? Again, not likely to be legal.

"Sure, AirTran, we'll be happy for you to serve our airport at lower rates than we were going to offer U and we're not going to get involved in your employee relations. Oh, but we're not going to return U's phone calls, because they have employees that are pissed off that vote in PA." C'mon!

Maybe the state could give U a grant for employee training or some economic development subsidies. But that's problematic too, because it's illegal for PA or ACAA or Allegheny County to regulate the airline industry. But something like that might be ok.

Having said that, I would recommend Federal legislation allowing the Feds to buy out airlines with exclusive leases at airports in order to create more capacity for other carriers. However, this isn't really the case at PIT, because I think that ACAA could take U"s gates to give to some other carrier now, or soon, can't they??? How about letting PIT use PFC revenue to retire old debt rather than build new capacity... but that's still going to be a charge on the ticket, and I'm not sure how much it would raise.

In any case, ACAA shouldn't provide exclusive use gates to U.

Row,

I appreciate your reality check and logic...I don't believe the state of PA or any state would partiicipate in anything illegal or unethical. After all, they are representatives of the people.

USFlyer,

NO, I think the only thing in life I have left basically, is to get upset with those who claim to have the "in" and exclusive rights on reality and what the "true" options are. Tis unfortunate but yet comical, I tend to find those with these "slanted" veiws challenging.

PITbull, you have a right to be upset. Afterall, you and most of the employees have spent several decades building this company up. Yes, building it up. Its hard to swallow that some nitwit from New Jersey whose only been here 19 months pretty much trashing it all.

Now, before you business guys rip into me understand this work force gave a lot to keep the company flying. I am sick of hearing the "tough love" argument about Dave's management style. He did what any other guy would have done. Still, what separates Dave from the rest of the pack is the cunning way he lies. Remember, this is the duffus that dressed up as Austin Powers on Halloween saying things are okay, then a few weeks later pulls that midnight hangar closing in TPA. What kind of manager does that? Heck, I think he's about to pull it again in PIT! Hey, we're all willing to do what it takes. Problem is, Dave has no support from anyone (other than the other flunkies at CCY) because of how he's gone about it. Lie, cheat, steal to get to the bottom line is no way to run a company. He has to go.

Let's not forget:

"US 3948, PHL ground, you are 135th for departure."

RDU did it. BNA did it. There is life after hubdom. I forgot--nobody wants to do business in RDU or BNA anymore......

Don't be suprised to see the state take the $250 million U thumbed it's nose at and use that to lower the PIT debt to a degree. Then watch as the airport gains a nice amount of point to point service at a competitive fare level from other carriers.

Then watch as U self destructs trying to route traffic thru an airport never designed to be a hub. ORD-PHL-BUF? IND-PHL-FLL? Good luck.

Why, after making one mistake by building the airport for a shoddily managed airline in the first place should the ACAA repeat the mistake and do it again? I still have to file a PA tax return this year, and will cast my final votes as a PA in the election this year--I won't support any fool who thinks giving US a dime is a good idea.

ClueByFour, hey that's fine and dandy. But where is Pennsyltucky going to replace 8,000 good paying jobs? To put it mildly, this state isn't exactly booming these days. People are leaving. It looks like more will too. Everybody wants cheapie, cheapie fares. The true question is, at what price? Say Harry Hardhat the mechanic takes his $60,000 a year job to North Carolina. The bar in PIT were he used to hang out a few times a week (The Hangar) will surely miss his business, as will John Seretti Chevy trucks, oh and lets not forget Billy Bob the butcher who makes nice steaks and sausages from deer season. The only thing Harry Hardhat won't give up is his Steeler season tickets, which if he can't fly up for the game, he will surely make a nice tidy profit on from selling. What about Harry Hardhat's old lady? I am sure the nail salon in Beaver county will miss her twice monthly appointments, as will Trudy the hairdresser, what about Kaufmann's for the old bag's frocks? I am sure Harold's grill will miss the Hardhat's weekly Friday night dinner date. Hey, the food chain goes on. This is going to affect a lot more people than the ones that buy airline tickets. I am sure the fine folks in Charlotte would welcome the Hardhat's. Lord knows those of us that live around here these days feel like Hester Prinn with a frickin' scarlet letter. To be honest, there are days I am so sick of being around all the negativity in PIT with the media and neighbors that I want to move.

Other cities have survived, SJC, RDU, BNA, DAY, CLE and CMH

All these cities lost hubs and survived

hey hip: thats the point dave and his band of merry pranksters was trying to drive home at the last meeting.only thing was they try like driving a stake thru dracula's heart.these clowns flunked "how to win fr :down: iends and influence people 101" :rant: :rant:

delldude, anything from the lawfirm of Siegel, Glass & Cohen should be suspect. Still, sad but true, it's the little guys that will get hurt the worst from this, not the people that buy airline tickets.