Plane Repos Ready To Take Flight

I'd say that the GE/US deal fits this profile, since it appears they got a pretty good deal....

We sell them 8-10 (I forget the exact number) airplanes and lease them back.

The proceeds from that transaction pays down the "liquidity facility" negotiated in BK 1, making $55 million available, but only with draws of specific amounts at specific times.

About $80 million of loan/lease payments is defered (not forgiven) with interest, IIRC, at LIBOR + 4.25%.

Reduction in engine overhaul costs going forward.

When (if) we exit, they get a convertible note for at least $125 million with interest of LIBOR + 4.25%.

And just like the most recent agreement with the ATSB, there is a list of "global default" events that enable them to pull the plug.

If anyone wants to wade through the agreement, it is Docket #914.

Jim

USA320Pilot said:
Plane repos ready to take flight - Repossessions are expected to increase as leasing companies get upper hand in talks with struggling airlines

See Story

Best regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="204984"][/post]​

With a bit of luck, maybe you will be flying one of them....

If you keep up with the court filings, you'll find that only about half the mainline aircraft are settled as far as section 1110 goes - that's the GE deal.

The rest are still up in the air, with extensions to the 1110 deadline agreed to by both parties but no deals with the lessors/EETC holders yet. Seems like those folks just aren't quite ready to roll over and take whatever U wants to dish out.

Jim

[edit by me below]

There is one 737 that the court has approved rejection - N524.