Us Airways' Rising Star Now Closer To The Top

I kind of remeber this same topic posted on the forums a few years ago, I believe the terms were, "bright young executive", "rising star" among other praises. I think his name was Siegel if I remember correctly :p

PineyBob said:
I see little rays of hope slowly creeping out of CCY regarding how employees are treated. Even with boatloads of consultants and training it takes YEARS to affect a culture change.
[post="238710"][/post]​

Years?

That is because consultants and traing has adopted the policy that "good fatih" in the company does not require "good trust" when the opportunity to obtain a :shock: "little bit more money" is more important.

RowUnderDCA said:
I do.

There's a group of folks who control millions of dollars of discretionary air travel business who live, learn and work in U's urban markets that would never think about accessing air travel in any manner other than the internet. Guess what, they don't think about going to USAirways.com. They zip onto jetblue or SWA or Orbitz or hotwire and buy from some other carrier or buy bottom bottom basement fares from hotwire.

I know the OLD OLD OLD demographic that makes up the readers and posters of this forum barely recoginize this group... they're called twenty somethings. And there are more and more of them everyday.

They probably think Seth is lame too, but they don't care and neither should you. Just relax.
[post="238794"][/post]​
B) Interesting, care to explain "relax"?

SVQLBA said:
2) Changing the tone / culture of management doesn't necessarily need lots of expensive consultants.  It DOES need leadership from the top.  Read up on jetBlue. As jB expanded, Neeleman noticed a dip in morale.  Many of the people moving into mgt positions weren't good at managing people in the right way.  Neeleman spotted this and fixed it (jetBlue University I think they call it).  It was Neeleman's leadership that allowed it to be spotted, and a solution developed (I think it was in house, not consultants).

I agree. It doesn't have to take a long time either. Start a "Blame Jar" at CCY. Anyone who tries to assign blame rather than take responsibility then gets to donote $20 to the jar. I bet that would remove the "blame game" at US Airways pretty quickly. This would be quick, cheap, easy, and if successful, a monumental change.

USA320:

You had better not bet your 4th stripe on Bruce Ashby being a "rising star" at anything.

I met Ashby at an MEC meeting in CLT about a year ago. He was introduced by Capt. Pollack before the meeting as "Vice President of Alliances and Express" to which Ashby replies "Senior Vice President"!!!! :down:

If Ashby is going to be the "savior" of U from the management suite, better dig out the logbooks and get the resume going.

I was not impressed at all.

On a separate matter, I can only say one thing about the situation at U. The management at U had better not ever, EVER complain that the employees at U are the problem, or their wages, benefits, retirement, and the like are the problem. The fate of U rests totally in their hands and I for one hope they are up to it. I am not convinced U will survive and that is a tragedy. U employees are the best and the only reason the company is still here.

All the best.

Boomer

USA320Pilot said:
Ashby, who has been with the airline since 1996, was in charge of the successful cost-cutting negotiations completed last year with the flight attendants and pilots. Pilots chairman Bill Pollock referred to Ashby yesterday as a "rising star" within the company.
[post="238671"][/post]​
Rising Star? I think it's more like a floating turd!!! :shock:

CaptianBoomer:

Your view about Bruce Ashby is not shared by senior management or the MEC.

I agree that US Airways has great employees.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

SVQLBA said:
Pitbull said:
And Piney said:
"

I think what PitBull's saying is that Ashby now has to show some leadership in this area. Who he promotes and doesn't promote, what he holds his management accountable for, etc., especially when it comes to employee relations and morale, will be key and go a very long way to addressing the issues. Spending time on the frontline would be invaluable. I think Neeleman gets both kudos and direct benfits for taking on FA duties weekly; and Bethune got a lot of respect and developed front line rapport by having pilot and A&P licenses, and by occassionally flying the line.

Any views from Express folks on Ashby's leadership in this regard?
[post="238798"][/post]​

This IS the sentiment...

CaptianBoomer said:
The management at U had better not ever, EVER complain that the employees at U are the problem, or their wages, benefits, retirement, and the like are the problem.
[post="239024"][/post]​
Excellent point... whose management going to blame should U's business plan not work, more importantly where are they going to get the funds to support their next round of blunders?