Planespotting at PIT

Sounds great, I have been looking to get into PR work with racing myself.

How is the pollution this time?

Sounds great, I have been looking to get into PR work with racing myself.
It's an interesting job, that's for sure... turned me into a frequent flyer for the first time in my life! Dabbled with AA last year before finding HP... and then HP/US.

Before the merger was announced, this West Coaster hadn't flown US since they pulled down PSA's network going on 15 years ago.

I sort of found this job serendipitously - but that's the way a lot of stuff works in racing, it's a very "who you know" kind of industry. If I could pass along any advice, it would be that the best way to find employment in the motorsports industry, is to spend as much time as you can around racetracks. Talk to people. Get to know 'em. Drivers, team owners, track officials, whatever. Leverage those openings.

Fair warning: I know it's hard to believe, but if anything, the motorsports industry is even less stable than the airline industry! :shock: Drivers, teams and even series come and go with the wind.

If you've got any more specific questions, feel free to drop me an e-mail.

Flame away for this one as well: In-N-Out Burger on Sepulveda is a great place to watch arrivals at LAX. You'll see brown and orange 737 after 737 arrive all day and into the evening. Right over your head. And Dockweiler State Beach at the other end of LAX is a great vantage point for takeoffs

Don't forget about airports that actually have the good PR sense to provide parking areas for planewatching, such as is at 40th St. and Air Lane just north of PHX (just a bare-bones parking lot with some trash barrels), and the super-deluxe Founders' Plaza on the east side of DFW.
The White Castle at the SE corner of MDW is the Chicago equivalent of the LAX In-N-Out. If only there was a similar eatery by ORD!

The White Castle at the SE corner of MDW is the Chicago equivalent of the LAX In-N-Out. If only there was a similar eatery by ORD!
White Castle and airplanes. what more could a person want?

Two rats hold the tails, two fish hold the scales.

Latest posts

Back