Iam D141 Informational Meetings

700UW said:
But it was the membership who bombarded Siegel and the IAM with wanting to hold another vote and it was the members who voted it in the second time, now wasn't it?
[post="240159"][/post]​
......Please print the members names that "bombarded" Siegle and the IAM...Oh, That's on a need to know basis...How convenient, But I'll take your word for it...... :down:

insp89 said:
......Please print the members names that "bombarded" Siegle and the IAM...Oh, That's on a need to know basis...How convenient, But I'll take your word for it...... :down:
[post="240208"][/post]​

Who cares who bombarded who. A vote is a vote confused or not. They didn't get to revote in Florida and that was for the president.

700, the point isn't when a new certification will take place. We can talk about that and the AGW another time. First on the agenda is a decert that will be needed to improve working conditions should the company become profitable. This new IAM negotiated contract was for an airline that is on the verge of bankruptcy....not for a viable one.

Unfortunately, there is no snapbacks, no nothing so that when your company becomes a viable company and moves forward, your chapter 7 contract stays in concrete if not moving backwards. At that point, the only way to improve working conditions is to get rid of the IAM and it's million dollar baby. People normally vote in unions to improve working conditions, however, in the above scenerio it will be reversed. The working conditions can only be improved if the IAM is thrown out.

regards

Explain how without a union, without a contract, without ANY representation that US Airways out of the kindness of their heart will give you anything better?

You seriousily need a reality check, I hate to be in your shoes if your wishes come true. The company will make 1992 look like a family reunion compared to what they will do if a decertification ever happens.

You will have to join the witness protection program.

So if your thinking is reality, every union on the property should be decertified?

And what about AMFA at UAL since they have agreed to concessions?

You have really gone off the deep end this time, did you not learn when you filed short on cards years back and you any union had a one year bar imposed that the company kept taking more and there was not a thing any of you could have done anything about it?

You really need to take a step back and think about what you are posting. If you were a union person, like your self-annoitend title of interim director of the AGW, you would never want to put anyone in the line of fire for a company to do as it pleases.

If anyone that tries to represent workers speaks of what you speak, you would not be fit to represent a dog:

From the AGW web page:

AGW Will Attempt Decert Drive At US AIRWAYS
Unfortunately, the IAM is set to accept and agree to its negotiated treason at US AIRWAYS. Its latest treason against workers is a chapter 7 contract that stays a chapter 7 contract all the way until 2013 [2009 plus at least 4 years of stalling].

Interim Director Timmy Nelson said, "Usually workers have to vote in representation to better working conditions but in this case it is reversed."

When pressed, Nelson said, "I mean this thing has no snapbacks, no nothing and even though US AIRWAYS projects to make millions or billions in the next couple years, the workers stay in chapter 7 thanks to another AFLCIO piss clam union."

When Nelson was asked if the AGW seeks to represent the FSA workers he responded, "the AGW board of Directors might push for the AGW to represent the FSA workers but the path would be to decert the IAM and get rid of the chapter 7 contract then solicit workers again in hopes that they would vote in the AGW....or anyone but the IAM." , Nelson added, "Hell, what union can help workers under this chapter 7 contract? I mean the best or strongest union in the world could do NOTHING under this contract."

Stay tuned for a Q & A in the months ahead.

That would cause more harm on your coworkers then anything else, how could you sleep at night knowing you can cause the layoff and decimation of your group?

You really need to take off your rose colored IAM/Company glasses. No contract is the same as being IAM represented!! Only we are paying for this piss-clam union, who assisted the company in the largest pay-benefit-retirement-job grab yet!
What the company did in 92, was done without a union. What was done three times in a row was with IAM assistance. So there is NO difference between Non-Union and being represented by the IAM. :down: :down:

Your group voted for it and even in this final offer from the company you kept your exsisting pension IAM negotiated for you in the first round of concessions.

Yes there is a big difference and if you can't figure it out, you are not worth replying to anymore.

What's a union person? Someone who dies on the union hill as workers get pissed on by it? As the union exploits the workers for dues? Better yet, why are the AFLCIO unions in the fetus positon? Please don't tell me it's because of President Bush...tha AFLCIO made that one up themselves.

The AFLCIO unions no longer exist for the protection of workers. They exist now solely as a fund-raising machine for the Democratic Party. They exist to promote a left-wing agenda that has nothing to do with protecting their workers.

THere is much objective material showing where 80% of the dues goes to and why very little is spent on actual collective bargaining.

At any rate, if your company starts making hundreds of millions of dollars then it just doesn't make 'good sense' to keep a chapter 7 contract that isn't worth $500 of dues per year.

regards,

Keep avoiding the issues at hand.

If you are succesful in a decertification the company will get rid of 90% of you.

Plain and simple, did you pay dodgeball as a kid?

700UW said:
Keep avoiding the issues at hand.

If you are succesful in a decertification the company will get rid of 90% of you.

Plain and simple, did you pay dodgeball as a kid?
[post="240264"][/post]​

FSA is the contracted help if they have this chapter 7 contract in the year 2009. It would be mind boggling to suggest each FSA should continue paying $500 a year in the year 2006 if the company is far removed from bankruptcy and making the hundreds of millions they are now projecting.

Face it, the IAM is no more than a left wing political fund raising machine for the democratic party, particularly it's left wing social elements which have nothing to do with labor.

regards,

Keep dodging every question poised to you. I am not gonna waste my time if you can't answer a simple question asked of you.

If you decertify how is US Airways going to improve your pay, benefits and working conditions especially with the track record of how they treated the non-union groups in the past?

Your MO is typical, throw everything else out there instead of answering the questions when you know you are wrong.

Justaramper said:
On that committee for the 1999 FSA was Gerard Moore from GSO, which at that time was a Class II city. He served on that committee from 1994 to 1999, then he became an AGC. He is now in the organizing department for the IAM
[post="240071"][/post]​

Please refer to page 94 of the initial 1999 Fleet Service Agreement. Sure enough, there's Jerry's name.

Now refer to page 122 of same, and sure enough, GSO is listed as a class I station.

And I'm sorry this thread turned into a IAM/AGW pissing contest. In my view, AGW is not the answer.

And, in my view, if the IAM does not become responsive and accountable to the membership, they too, are not the answer.

No one has said, no Dio, you are wrong - IAM did seek guidance from ALL of the membership; they DID poll the members.

No one has said, no Dio, you are wrong - IAM did seat affected members on the MDA and negotiating committees.

No one has said, no Dio, you are wrong - the membership has been prepared for a strike.

And no one will.

What class is LAX? The grievance committee chairman from LAX is on the current negotiating committee.

700UW said:
Keep dodging every question poised to you. I am not gonna waste my time if you can't answer a simple question asked of you.

If you decertify how is US Airways going to improve your pay, benefits and working conditions especially with the track record of how they treated the non-union groups in the past?

Your MO is typical, throw everything else out there instead of answering the questions when you know you are wrong.
[post="240272"][/post]​
700!!!!!....calm down!!!!! Everyone knows that the IAM did their best!!!! This has only been an on-going fiasco for, what?.......over10 years now?...Just listen to what your saying. Decertification at this point means NOTHING!!! Those that remain HAVE NOTHING!!!....except a JOB.....maybe thats what they want!....Maybe, just maybe they are willing to take their chances with another union, even if it maybe several years from now! Getting nervous,700?...Oh, don't worry, you will get with the International and deal with some sort of union business in arkansas!!!! LOL

Arkansas is not bad, it is the home state of one of the best Presidents ever, William Jefferson Clinton!