Iam D141 Informational Meetings

Are you that ignorant???? To believe that the IAM prevented ANYTHING? Not Until the IAM is willing to risk everthing(dues), will the situation improve. I beleive that has not happened since EASTERN!!!!!

Get your head out of the sand!!!! The IAM should stand up to these CRIMES! Not doing so is an INJUSTICE not only to US employees but to ALL in the INDUSTRY!!!!!

You are the IAM, why don't you stand up?

And if you fail to remember the judge abrogated your contract.

Crimes? I don't think so, injustices, yes, but what are YOU gonna do about it?

And like I said, you are ignorant if you are blaming the IAM for what has happened.

unit4clt said:
Are you that ignorant???? To believe that the IAM prevented ANYTHING? Not Until the IAM is willing to risk everthing(dues), will the situation improve. I beleive that has not happened since EASTERN!!!!!

Get your head out of the sand!!!! The IAM should stand up to these CRIMES! Not doing so is an INJUSTICE not only to US employees but to ALL in the INDUSTRY!!!!!
[post="240043"][/post]​
uh dude...if you haven't noticed IAM already put it on the line by asking you to decide your fate....what else do you need for proof?? :down:
and also , dude....prior to 1994 you fools opened the door to the company raiding your pockets so please no lectures here on IAM opening the door....

diogenes said:
There was no one from class II cities (all gone, now) that negotiated the 1999 agreement.
[post="239919"][/post]​

On that committee for the 1999 FSA was Gerard Moore from GSO, which at that time was a Class II city. He served on that committee from 1994 to 1999, then he became an AGC. He is now in the organizing department for the IAM

Why show your ignorance, It is the AGC's with the Grand Lodge who set the tone for a STRIKE. Yet all we hear from them is DEFEAT!!! Well we have to take what the company gives us....we cant strike ....we are at the mercy of the company. Thats all we HEAR. GROW SOME BALLS!!!!
Don't say The CONCESSION stand is closed!!!!Then let the COMPANY Take over the stand...take what they want!!!!!!
This is exactly what the IAM is doing!!!AND ITS OK WITH YOU!!!!
Do you think the IAM will be able to organize More AIRLINES with their AGREEMENTS at US???? I tell you they will not win another Airline election based on their negotiating skills at US.

You are the IAM, You are the one who votes on the contract or whether to strike.

Accept responsiblity all ready and stop blaming others.

Who is the IAM?

It is not your AGCs, it is you the membership, typical fleet service person, always blaming someone else instead of standing up and taking responsibility for your actions or lack of them is more like it.

700UW said:
Who is the IAM?

It is not your AGCs, it is you the membership, typical fleet service person, always blaming someone else instead of standing up and taking responsibility for your actions or lack of them is more like it.
[post="240138"][/post]​
.....It wasn't "the membership" that decided to hold a SECOND vote on the very SAME offer during the last concession go-around...now was it ?..

But it was the membership who bombarded Siegel and the IAM with wanting to hold another vote and it was the members who voted it in the second time, now wasn't it?

700UW said:
Who is the IAM?

[post="240138"][/post]​

700, you breed typical union rhetoric that has no meaning. You are not the IAM legally, although you can be a member. Do you have the 'smarts' to understand that?

The IAM is not you or anyone else, the IAM is a certified Bargaining agent. They are the 'agent' that is registered with the DOL on your behalf. Members do have some rights but don't confuse that when the Collective bargaining "Agent" tells you that you are the union. It simply isn't true. In fact, some would say that the IAM is really not a CBA anymore since it concentrates mostly on left wing politics but that's for another time.

At any rate, 700, it isn't important that the AGW has no members...we are not tring to get the US AIRWAYS workers to vote for the AGW without first pushing a decert to get rid of the chapter 7 contract once your airline gets out of chapter 11. In fact, the workers will not have to know anything about the AGW other than it will be the vehicle to get the contract off the property and to become employees at will so working conditioins could improve.

This situation is reversed. Usually when employees want to improve working conditions they vote in a CBA, in this situation a CBA will have to be removed along with its chapter 7 contract to improve working conditions.

regards,

If you even try a decertification, you will have to wait for one year before you can try to organize again and in that one year US will decimate Fleet Service worse then they did in 1992 and even if you are succesful in gaining certification, US will not give a contract in a timely manner, and when a newly organized group is certified that status quo does not apply.

So I would go in hiding if I was you and you got a decertification done and left the fleet service workers at the company's mecry once again.

Did you not learn anything in 1992?

No contract means the company is free to impose and change anything that they choose at anytime.

Working conditions improve? That is the most absurd statement I have heard from you yet. I guess you know very little about US Airways and their labor relations if you think that conditions would improve when the employees would become AT WILL.

Your idea of a decertification is the most insane thing I have ever heard.

Even worse then when you caused a one year bar and tried to sell your name list to the Teamsters.

700UW said:
Remember the loss of the pension, vacation, frieght, express? Remember PDOs and the increase of part-time?

[post="239972"][/post]​

Hate to change subject but dang you could be almost talking about the contract up for vote mech and rel

Latest posts