Please help with animal shelter makeover

tadjr

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
TPA
www.airlineforums.com
Hey all,
Figured I'd give this a shot here, even if I get just a few takers it will help.
My friends sister works in an animal shelter in a small town in Missouri and they are competing to win a makeover for their shelter. They get points for signing people up on zootoo and every little bit will help since they're competing against some big city shelters with lots of help.
If you would be interested in signing up to help, please send me an email address I can send an invitation to for you to join. Once you've joined and verified your email in a followup invitation, you'll get 100 points to help the shelter and I'll get another 100 points to help the shelter win their makeover. Thats all you have to do. Of course, if you want to help even more, you can review pet products and news stories to add to their total, but all I really am asking for to make things simple is to just join. If you'd like to help the animals and the West Plains Regional Animal Shelter in particular, please PM me with an email and I'll start sending the invitations.
Thanks again for any and all help in this matter!

Just to clarify, no $ obligation required. Just an email address so I can send an invitation for you to join and sign up. Once thats done, you dont have to do anything else if you dont want to or dont have the time. The shelter gets 200 points at that point toward their goal of a shelter makeover. You can check out the info at zootoo.com and go to shelter makeover to read about it.

No thanks,

I'll support 'people' and eat the zoo creatures.
Priorities U'Know... :p

B) UT

MMMM, I love my steak so I'm not THAT pro animal, but I dont eat cats and dogs. (Except for that time in China maybe, they wouldnt tell me what it was). :p

If you choose to Pi$$ your money away saving the one eyed newt, it is not my concern.
I spend my dollar$ on 'people'.
Throw some money 'This Way'...Christian Childrens Fund
As one of several 'worthy' causes that I donate to.

Saving a chicken is simply not on my agenda unless it is for Sunday Dinner.

B) UT
Don't know what your problem is…
Most people I know find the pets or food site pretty funny. PETA people don’t usually care for it. The Sweet and Sour Koala Loaf actually sounds pretty good.

As for charities, I like my church, the American Cancer Society , and Boys Town.
My wife does volunteer work for a battered women’s organization.

If you choose to Pi$$ your money away saving the one eyed newt, it is not my concern.
I spend my dollar$ on 'people'.

AND, if you had read any of the posts I made, there is NO monetary donation required of this effort. Its someone elses money that they are trying to get. :blink:

Most people I know find the pets or food site pretty funny. PETA people don’t usually care for it. The Sweet and Sour Koala Loaf actually sounds pretty good.

As for charities, I like my church, the American Cancer Society , and Boys Town.

Sorry, lost my sense of humor. :up:
Found it and am much better now... :p

B) UT

Why not give to both? I am an animal lover too but also give to St Jude children's research hospital and the ASPCA. I most certainly would not waste my money on any political campaign like a lot of fools do. I am talking about people who really can't afford to give either.

Sorry, lost my sense of humor. :up:
Found it and am much better now... :p

B) UT
Good.
Without a sense of humor, life ain't worth livin'.

Why not give to both?
I used to do a lot of animal volunteer work.
Rode around with a large animal vet and helped out when I was in Nebraska.
Did wildlife rehabilitation, physical reconditioning and release in Georgia.
I don’t seem to have the time any more, and all the hoops they want you to jump through to do it here in New Hampshire… I’d rather fly my own birds or do some back country fly fishing.

Something like this though, only takes a few minutes, doesn’t cost anything, and could help out a lot of pet owners.

Just wanted to follow up and thank those who signed up to help the West Plains Shelter makeover. We ended up number 17 shelter in the country out of 947 and are in the running for the million dollar makeover. We got at least $5000 for the shelter and a chance at the big prize!
Thanks again for the help.