Please Open Your Books To Chapter 7,class

You need to read pay attention to what you are reading..... I do have another job! I understand the reality of job market much better than those who are about to enter it.

U does have some new AB, but we also have the oldest 757/767 fleet around and our 737's are nearly worthless as they are the only ones in the country without glass cockpits. Ask anyone how Boeing treats U after the AirBus deal and they will tell you that those old airplanes are hell to get MX support for these days.

PIT was an uderperforming hub that went away.....Now what about the other two?

Fact: if an employer is going to have any interest in changing public opinion, he shouldn't first have to fight the employees to change their outlook. The public comes in contact with the front line, not the CEO and if you visit our airports, it becomes apparent where a great deal of the employees have this airline going. You don't see that look at JetBlue, SWA, HP, or even UAL for crying out loud....

As for me, I have been out for two years and will probably move ahead in my current position faster were U to fail. Probably faster here than if I were recalled to U in two years........Do what you will

of course dr bronner is running scared because he knows that in ch11 he loses control of the airline--id say bring on the judge and get a trustee appointed to run this airline day to day ops and see how well that does!

SoldWholeSale said:
You need to read pay attention to what you are reading..... I do have another job! I understand the reality of job market much better than those who are about to enter it.

U does have some new AB, but we also have the oldest 757/767 fleet around and our 737's are nearly worthless as they are the only ones in the country without glass cockpits. Ask anyone how Boeing treats U after the AirBus deal and they will tell you that those old airplanes are hell to get MX support for these days.

PIT was an uderperforming hub that went away.....Now what about the other two?

Fact: if an employer is going to have any interest in changing public opinion, he shouldn't first have to fight the employees to change their outlook. The public comes in contact with the front line, not the CEO and if you visit our airports, it becomes apparent where a great deal of the employees have this airline going. You don't see that look at JetBlue, SWA, HP, or even UAL for crying out loud....

As for me, I have been out for two years and will probably move ahead in my current position faster were U to fail. Probably faster here than if I were recalled to U in two years........Do what you will
[post="170476"][/post]​

Your quick to point out that you no longer work here, and yet you keep saying we, us? What's it going to be, live your wonderful new life, or play in, "if only" world?

robbedagain said:
of course dr bronner is running scared because he knows that in ch11 he loses control of the airline--id say bring on the judge and get a trustee appointed to run this airline day to day ops and see how well that does!
[post="170477"][/post]​

Don't take this too personally but some of you just don't get it. If Airways goes Chapter 11 it will most likely liquidate. The investors (GECAS, RSA, etc.) will have the final say in the fate of this airline. If faced with an employee group that is unwilling to help (somewhat understandably given what has happened), their best bet is to cut their losses and run. There is no reason why any investor would want to keep this airline running if it goes bankrupt.

It's a simple choice, accept lower pay and less benefits and keep your job or take your pride with you to the street and look for a new job. I'm not saying which road to take, just trying to help some of the people who don't get it understand the two possibilities.

Skeezer

we.......as I am furloughed and have a seniority #. We, as in I have already given up more for USAirways to survive than you have. We as see you on the street soon and "we" will both be former employees.

USAir will be a lesson, a "what not to do which led the old legacy carriers to extinction and allowed for what air travel has become today" --Air Commerce 101 University of North Dakota, class of 2007

PITbull said:
USfliboi,

oh, its a whole lot less. You'll get your opportunity to vote on it, can't wait.

And you get to be poor all the way out to 2012.

Hope you like the feeling of being the bottom paid in the industry.
[post="170472"][/post]​

Pitbull,

I have held my tongue for too long with you. Your arrogance on here is not only disrespectful, but insulting and rude. You speak as if you have all of the answers and blast those who disagree with you. And then your posse of angry, bitter, entitled employees run to your defense. And lets not forget that you will have the moderators remind people that you don't like people to write "PITTY" when addressing you..what arrogance..the same arrogance that is leading this company to hell. Well the "pitty" is the old school union mentality that WILL kill our company. You seem to forget that this IS a dire situation and when you, who has a second career, speaks as if all this is just another tactic, you give people a false sense of security. You are a leader and if you aren't informing folks that maybe they should polish up their resume, then you are saying all is ok. You KNOW that IS NOT SO!! By stirring the emotional pot, as you do so well, you are encourage your troops in PIT to vote no on anything presented. You told USfli "hope you like the feeling of being bottom on the payscale", but one thing you fail to understand is that if a f/a even took a $5,000 paycut (God forbid), it is still more than most will get when forced out there in the workforce. Are you ready as a leader to face that? I think if this is the case, maybe it's time to go back to nursing. I have listened to you and the small circle of hate monger on here defending one another and justifying your actions and all of you try to defend each other and your action. This is the most negative energy group of people and you and a select few are it's leaders. I'll take a320 and his know-it-all attitude, yet civil, tone ANYDAY over the constant hateful justifications and bitter insults

US Airways owes you NOTHING, but as a leader, you owe your membership the truth. For 15 years the warnings have been out there..the same road all the failed carriers went down is the same as ours now. All the others suffered the same slow death that US Airways is experiencing. AND, the same sea of denial that we are in trouble. And the same union protestings that it is a ploy...the same full pay till the last day mentallity from the IAM. It is a train that is already in motion. Management is the poor running conductor, but the unions are pulling the wrong switches. The problem is everyone wants to be right. You want to be right. The other posters want to be right. I want to be right. Management wants to be right. The IAM wants to be right. The AFA wants to be right. ALPA wants to be right. The CWA wants to be right. Bronner wants to be right. AND WE ARE ALL SINKING IN, YES, PRIDE AND EGO!!

I could write a book on all the poor management decisions that US Airways has made and it discust me that this company has never been able to get it together, but it also discust me the way the unions have handled themselves, all wrapped around an old mentality that no longer works. You know, I know many out there think a union is the greatest thing in the world, but today is not the Norma Rae days and unions do not have the clout they once had. Work slowdowns only threaten customers, most presidents will keep a strike from happening, and now the new mantra is to file chapter 11 or 7 if companies fail to get what they want. So where is the power of the people?

I have tired of defending US Airways and all the craziness, but I have also tired of defending unions who think having a job is an entitlement. I have tired of all the crap about how there are protections by having a union..the same protections that keeps employees with a file as thick as a book. Who needs to do a good job when it would take an act of God to get fired?

I am angry now and I know I will get blasted by you and those who love a good fight. I really don't care anymore. My resume is perfected. I am in the market just in case and my cost are now very low. I can live for a while on unemployment. I have a wonderful supportive family who will be there. Most importantly, I no longer need US Airways OR the unions.

You all can fight and #### and defend your decisions and blast those that disagree all you want. I haven't posted much in the past because it finally dawned on me hoe juvenile this all is and how juvenile most on here are. Frankly, I have no time for the bullsh*t anymore. I hope all of you that claim to have great skills find great jobs and Pitbull, I say this in all resect and encouragement here. Your passion is admirable. You have missed your calling. You really would be a great lawyer.

I've had it. I'm out of here.

PSA1979, I still have the PM, guess your word does not mean anything.

And to 1st your screen name is a misnomer, she has the right to post anything she wants as long as it follows the TOS.

And you can go negotiate with a proven bunch of liars.

US lies:
Vote for concessions to protect your scope langauage (company violates IAM Mechanic and Related contract by farming out Airbus work)

Involuntary F/A furlough, company loses the arbitration case and still violates contract AFA files suit, parties agree to a bench arbitration decision, arbitor renforces original decision in favor of the AFA.

Company tells ALPA vote for two rounds of concessions to save your pension (company shortly before emerging from BK goes to court to termintate pension)

Siegel tells every employee if they get furloughed will have a job at MDA, Company gets LOA 91 to place EMB170 at non-owned affiliates leaving F/A, ramp, CSA and mechanic and related out in the cold.

Do I need to continue?

This airline is doomed, no airline has ever been saved from employee concessions alone.

It takes leadership and vision and the only vision they have is to become a virtual airline with Wal-Mart wages.

You have to find ways of generating revenue, not shrinking the company to increase your CASMs and pickpocket your employee's wallets and purses.

You can trust them, but thousands of employees don't and they have numerous reasons as why. This company has declared war upon its employees plain and simple. They have fired the first shot and the only winners will be the creditors.

700UW said:
PSA1979, I still have the PM, guess your word does not mean anything.

Ah, but a woman's prerogative is to change her mind. But the meaty part of that pm still goes! My word means a lot more than yours, I do not go in for bashing and tearing other people down unlike you and others on here!

If you call telling the truth and pointing out when someone lies and posts false information bashing then I am guilty.

And to 1st your screen name is a misnomer, she has the right to post anything she wants as long as it follows the TOS.

I never said Pitbull didn't have the right to speak. Where the hell did you get that BS? Here we go with the posse. We all have the right to speak and I have the right to speak my mind. The problem is that when anyone differs from you and others, it is the ongoing angry daggers thrown at those who differ from you.

You have a right to say whatever you want, as does Pitbull. And you, her, and everyone else here have the right to make an a** of themselves as well. ;)

Firstamendment,
I have to agree with you on everything you have posted! What a wonderful job. The same negative nasty people on here who claim they represent the rank and file of AFA,CWA,IAM and ALPA just do NOT!
When are all of you gonna get a clue? Things are dire now, and most of the people I work with realize that. They are also willing to adjust to the changing, and I stress, changing airline industry.

TransatlanticFlyGuy said:
Firstamendment,
I have to agree with you on everything you have posted! What a wonderful job. The same negative nasty people on here who claim they represent the rank and file of AFA,CWA,IAM and ALPA just do NOT!
When are all of you gonna get a clue? Things are dire now, and most of the people I work with realize that. They are also willing to adjust to the changing, and I stress, changing airline industry.
[post="170511"][/post]​

Funny if the membership wanted to talk concessions with the company the IAM leadership would, the membership is in total support of the IAM leadership stance.

But I love how you non-IAM members can speak for 5,000 Mechanic and Related and 6,000 Fleet service members, you must be aweful busy talking to 11,000 IAM Members.

700UW said:
Funny if the membership wanted to talk concessions with the company the IAM leadership would, the membership is in total support of the IAM leadership stance.

But I love how you non-IAM members can speak for 5,000 Mechanic and Related and 6,000 Fleet service members, you must be aweful busy talking to 11,000 IAM Members.
[post="170516"][/post]​
Now cmon 700UW, you know we cant speak to and for all 11000 IAM members. :blink: But hey you know who sure does here on this site..you do 700UW. Yup, you know what every one of them is thinking right now concerning the state of U. RUBBISH and you know it buddy. Ive had the chance to speak with various IAM members while Im working and they all want to see U go on, and they do realize what needs to be done to achieve that.

PITbull said:
USfliboi,

oh, its a whole lot less. You'll get your opportunity to vote on it, can't wait.

And you get to be poor all the way out to 2012.

Hope you like the feeling of being the bottom paid in the industry.
[post="170472"][/post]​

Two things:

1) Better to be at the bottom and have a stable job than at the top and out of a job in two months.

2) Easy solution to being "bottom paid in the industry" is to go somewhere else. If you will be getting paid less than 0 seniority somewhere else, why wouldn't you leave?

The airline industry isn't the only one that is slicing wages to cope with a poor economy and even worse unemployment rate.