Pnr's Booked In Malyasia/india?

livingontheedge

Advanced
Jul 28, 2004
This is my first posting.....I just received a call from friends working in res and they are finding records that have had changes made with an office code of VWR, which comes up as GSA, India. If you encode/decode GSA, it comes up with malaysia. Evidently, CSD has come across quite a few of these records today.

Is GSA the name of the "travel group" in the Phillipines? This particular record was a RTFC(free travel voucher).

Anyone have any ideas?

I would hope that CWA would look into this...after all we're still paying dues...this should be a project for them and they should be able to give us some honest answers..quickly, thought part of the reason we agreed to the CWA Union was so nothing would be outsourced? Although nothing surprises me anymore these days...

Sounds to me like hackers may have gotten into your res system. Particularly if there are several appearing and your supervisory staff know nothing of a new res office.

India, Malaysia, and the Phillipines are a major origin for hackers and computer viruses/worms. This should be reported to your computer security staff. Also, a tag should be put on all the reservations that if/when someone claims them, further id should be required.

Calm down folks.....any res agent can go to DIR/GSA and find a whole list of contracted travel agencies that sell US from hundreds of different countries that US does not service. Just another way to try to make a few more dollars. They've been doing it for years.

LOL... When i came into work tonight my friend said you have to look at this res. It was worked on by a rep in India. I laughed when he told me they called in the union and had them look at it. Any INTL rep wpuld know what a GSA office is. They are located in the countries where you can't contact a US rep in the states. It's funny that it went as far as The union President coming into the office to investigate. I used a GSA once in CUN and trust me they can't do MUCH!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe this will jog something in Management's memory:

This was posted back on March 18 by another USAviation member:

Internet: www.avstar-ph.com

Avstar International Named General Sales Agent for US Airways;
Provides Expanded Sales Reach In The Philippines

MANILA - AvStar International has been tapped by US Airways as its General Sales Agent in the Philippines.

Mr. Jonathan Newman –Market Manager – Offline Sales of US Airways made the announcement to the travel trade and media during an official launch party here at the Westin Philippine Plaza Hotel.

US Airways is the United States’s seventh-largest airline, serving nearly 200 destinations in the U.S., Canada, Europe, the Caribbean and Latin America. US Airways, US Airways Shuttle and the US Airways Express partner carriers operate over 3,300 flights per day.

AvStar International provides General Sales Agency (GSA) services to a select group of non-competitive travel industry accounts in the Philippines and is a joint venture between AvStar International, Inc. of Los Angeles and a group of leading Philippine businessmen, headed by Mr. Mariano Cacho, Jr.

AvStar International’s Manila office is located at G/F Heart Tower Condominium, 108 Valero Street, Sacedo Village, Makati City, Philippines 1200.

The company’s new telephone number is (632) 812-1978 or (632) 817-4797 or via fax at (632) 815-6392.

I think that Frontier Airlines hired Avstar Intl in 1998. Does anyone know how that went?

I saw the record mentioned on Sunday, it a domestic booking and has nothing to do with anything International. The passenger was an American, however, as I did not speak to him, and he was flying in and out of an airport that is a gateway for overseas airlines I would (possibly naively) like to think he made a change while overseas. I have asked to see other records, but noone was able to come forth with any new ones.

Well,
They are booking not just calls from the far east.We had a noon time flt cancel on 6/12/05 EWRCLT at around 4am. Resv proactive system would have started rebooking around 7 so we started very early.To get to the point, We call resv to ask why people werent being called.We got resv in Manila.
A) She had no clue where Newark or in this case New Jersey was.She said if we had a problem to contact our CTO.Like there are any left and what could they do. They finally disconnected us.
I understand by outsourcing some of this work the company is saving money.But at what cost?Every problem they have you'll hear pages flipping.They do'nt know what they are reading out of their scripts.Major problems and they have to get out an atlas to find where Detroit is.Why does'nt the company be honest.Let they Far East employees keep their real names.I mean if your name is Sanoosh, why are they using Sheila or Sharon.When I get passengers come in to get RTFCs ticketed and it was booked by Manila , I have to always reinstate the fare if not more.
Unfortunately all US industries are going the way outsourced way. :ph34r:
:eek:

i have first hand experince dealing with the Manila reps. They seem to have a very hard time saying what they mean and meaning what they! Aside from just outright lying to the passengers, many of them just booked records and make up the fare. I remeber a time not so long ago when every person took pride in product we delivered, now its an out and out embarassment. I'm sure any frontline employee will tell you the same thing. However, talk to A230 and he will say things are going just fine....... I think we call those people diluited.

These people take pride in what they do, their phrasing could be corrected, and they want to please. They hate saying no, as they really want to accomodate your request. They DO NOT and can not make up fares.

I am sorry that the public wanted cheap fares and alongwith came cheap non-American service.

You cant have it all ways.

If it's simple , don't expect it at US.First we would have to get a committee to investigate the fallout and get a VP to run it. Next test trials in select cities. Hire survey companies to find out passenger response. And in the end go with Skippy and Mobique in Zanzabar. BTW, all the money that would have been saved went to the surveying companies who just have connections to many of the VPs at US. :up:

reznc said:
These people take pride in what they do, their phrasing could be corrected, and they want to please. They hate saying no, as they really want to accomodate your request. They DO NOT and can not make up fares.

I am sorry that the public wanted cheap fares and alongwith came cheap non-American service.

You cant have it all ways.
[post="276908"][/post]​
OH but the do make up FARES... Check with CSD and ask around... I think giving someone a 7 day advance with 1 days notice is making up a fare.

Latest posts