Pnr's Booked In Malyasia/india?

Please, everyone feel our pain!

I spend a good portion of my day apologizing for our "international" cousins. Our customers can not understand them and they don't like it one bit. Also, Manila seems to think its ok to hang up on people! It happens all the time.

A passenger was rudely corrected the other day by a "Manuel" who told her it was AirTRAIN, not AirTRAN! Puhleesssssseeeee.....

I do feel your pain, Was in res with 2 other airlines(in the good ole days)before comming here. All of this has got to be loosing us business. My oldest son who now buys his own tickets got someone somewhere he couldn't understand. So to be polite, I'll just say he hung up & got someone at another airline he could understand.

One of my friends who retird for US last year had a Dell computer which broke.I went over his house to fix it.I gave Dells support number a call to help me out. Skippy, as he was called helped me for 3 hrs.All the time thumbing through pages , sort of scripts of what if then do this. I asked where he was located and he said sri lanka.After that I have been a little leary about buying dell.
If passengers get burned by talking to skippys cousin at Usairways the will so be dialing another number.It sux that profit above anything else in our number 1 priority.It used to be that the passenger was number 1 and that made the profit.
:shock: :shock: :blink:

As sad as it may sound, you can learn when to hang up or stay on the line.

Normal ring sound = US Res = Easy to understand, gets the job done the first time.
Long solid ring tone = Outsourced = Crapshoot.

-JC

jcooke said:
As sad as it may sound, you can learn when to hang up or stay on the line.

Normal ring sound = US Res = Easy to understand, gets the job done the first time.
Long solid ring tone = Outsourced = Crapshoot.

-JC
[post="277084"][/post]​
JC

There is another way. If I EVER get some one from outside the US, I simply no longer do business with that company. Makes worrying about calling back much easier.

And for the record, I have voted with my wallet. I'm now approaching four months and no flights on US.

Try it. Your blood pressure will go down.

longing4piedmont said:
And for the record, I have voted with my wallet.  I'm now approaching four months and no flights on US.

Try it. Your blood pressure will go down.
[post="277086"][/post]​

The sad thing is, not one person in CCY gives a crap about you or me or anyone else. They are looking at that golden parachute in the near future.....slicing up that 50 mil. pie, reseved for their "talents"..... :down:

L4PI, no one really cares who you fly. Flying U was a Liability to the Company not an Asset. No fequent flyer miles to pay out, no up grade, etc. I have always said, to be competitive we need to reduce 1st class even more or even remove it from our aircraft. With such LOW fares, we are looking for mom and pop to fly us not the US1's or 2's. Kinda of like PI before 1984, no 1st class and no costs associated with it. Wonder why B6 or WN do not have 1st?????????????

I have to agree the number of pax recently hung up on has increased ten fold - They, our co-workers, have learned how to override and force alot of things including fares...etc.....at res we apologize all day ...everything from milage award mistakes, to incorrect fare quotes, wrong cities booked ...etc.....not to mention hanging up on passengers....which is unacceptable. You get what you pay for...

While not totally on topic but related..............
i went to a job information meeting yesterday. The company provides its clients with "cyberagents". Folks who work from home answering customer svc/sales calls. The recruiter did provide this bit of info. One of their newest clients is a yet to be named airline that will start selling flights in Oct and the first flights takeoff Jan.!!!!!!!!!!!! You heard it here first a320!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is why I don't fly Delta anymore.
I had somebody, who insisted their name was Darryl, screw up a res quite badly trying to put my NW frequent flyer number in it. It took an agent in Atlanta over fifteen minutes to make it so it would actually check me in, and then couldn't get the FF straightened out. All the while she's muttering "Must have been one of them in Bombay, they do this all the time."

That's not to say folks in US-based call centers don't screw up occasionally (I had a US agent in INT input a credit card number wrong, even after reading it back to me, a couple weeks ago that caused great headache for a family member who nearly missed their flight because the supervisor at PHL spent 40 minutes on the phone (mostly on hold) to get it changed after saying "I could just waive this, but I don't think I will, you might miss your flight" god bless Philly). However, I can accept that errors will happen. It's when errors happen after I have to spell out something like "N - O - R - T - H - W....." on the phone because I can't understand them and they can't understand the name of a codeshare partner that makes me angry.

According to our "new" rez agents US no longer accepts pets. Even said they checked with the PIT help desk and they said we no longer accept pets. The person trying to make the pet reservation was a US employee and knew they were lying. They called PIT help and they said NO ONE had called in the last few minutes about any pet reservation. If you dont know the answer make one up I guess! Hopefully someone is logging all of these geniuses responses and screwups.
Also getting quite a few PNRs booked in error where the customer is using a voucher. I guess no one told them in Manila that we have SEVERAL TYPES of vouchers so you dont just assume its (RTFC/CASH OFF/Percent off, etc). No, just book what you think it is and tell them to go to the airport.
I already told the supvr that I am NOT taking the heat for their screwups and will do what needs to be done to correct any errors they make whether it costs US money or not. If we cant hire people to do the job right and give correct info, then I guess the company is getting what they paid for (in savings from outsourcing vs honoring their screwups.)

tadjr said:
According to our "new" rez agents US no longer accepts pets. Even said they checked with the PIT help desk and they said we no longer accept pets. The person trying to make the pet reservation was a US employee and knew they were lying. They called PIT help and they said NO ONE had called in the last few minutes about any pet reservation. If you dont know the answer make one up I guess! Hopefully someone is logging all of these geniuses responses and screwups.
Also getting quite a few PNRs booked in error where the customer is using a voucher. I guess no one told them in Manila that we have SEVERAL TYPES of vouchers so you dont just assume its (RTFC/CASH OFF/Percent off, etc). No, just book what you think it is and tell them to go to the airport.
I already told the supvr that I am NOT taking the heat for their screwups and will do what needs to be done to correct any errors they make whether it costs US money or not. If we cant hire people to do the job right and give correct info, then I guess the company is getting what they paid for (in savings from outsourcing vs honoring their screwups.)
[post="277898"][/post]​

LMAO !!!!!! I was there when the rep got the call from the employee. THey love to make up all kinds of hilarious info. I wonder how many of them tried to charge passengers for a Rule 240 protection this week. Last week was hilarious and aggravating at the same time. With the weather the way it was last Friday and Saturday, not only did we have to contend with irrate passengers, but irrate paxs who were being charged for Rule 240 Protection. If I am not bald by the time I am done, I will be either gray or in a straight jacket. Honestly, I feel truly sorry for those left when PIT closes.

:shock:
Well,whoever was the moron who suggested and or implemented our off shore reservations should be shot.As a matter of fact if he or she comes to EWR i'll give them part of my shoe. My supervisor asks me why won't this PNR fare?
She gives me a passenger who called resv , told them she had a RTFC. Well first of all she had to spell out NEWARK NJ. I'm sure the resv agt had to look on the world atlas to find the city.Next she books the reservation in S class and tells the passenger to goto the airport to be ticketed.In any language but english X sounds like S. She puts in a fre of 200+ dollars and does'nt advise the pax.Que Lastima we have a problem.
What money is the company saving by having page turning fill in the blanks persons on the other end of the line.The resv are always screwed up, fares that should'nt have tktg fees do. The money they save offshoring they lose when we have to fix the mess.Not only that but we lose more passengers who can't stand the ignorance.Why not farm out the mgmnt positions and get resv back in the US.Bet we could fill Big Al's position with a $5.00 a day person from the Phillipines.
God help us ....no one else is.
:up:

thepoohbear said:
One of my friends who retird for US last year had a Dell computer which broke.I went over his house to fix it.I gave Dells support number a call to help me out. Skippy, as he was called helped me for 3 hrs.All the time thumbing through pages , sort of scripts of what if then do this. I asked where he was located and he said sri lanka.After that I have been a little leary about buying dell.
If passengers get burned by talking to skippys cousin at Usairways the will so be dialing another number.It sux that profit above anything else in our number 1 priority.It used to be that the passenger was number 1 and that made the profit.
:shock: :shock: :blink:
[post="277077"][/post]​

:shock: Speaking of Dell, here is a spoof on their Tech Support center in India:

VIDEO: http://www.illwillpress.com/tech.html

WARNING:: Sound and language!! Also slow download :shock: B)

Script:

Neurotically Yours: Episode # 057: Tech-Support

Foamy: Yeah, Tech Support? I'm having a problem with my Smell-brand computer and need a bit of help here. This *ucker's acting up like a troubled child on crack.

Tech Support: Hello. What seems to be the trouble?

Foamy: Well, it seems in my tinkering I went into the DOS program and it changed a 1 to a 0. Now it won't even start up. What do I do oh Guru-of-Computer-Wisdom?

Tech Support: Have you tried with starting your computer?

Foamy: Yes. And it doesn't restart.

Tech Support: Is your computer plugged in? That is very much common mistake.

Foamy: Wha-What kind of *uckin stupid question is that? Yes. It's plugged in. Don't. Jerk me around. This *uckin operating system is as unstable as Charles Manson and I. NEED. HELP.

Tech Support: Is your monitor on? Another mistake.

Foamy: Dumbass. It doesn't. Start. Up.

Tech Support: What is your operating system, the system that you are operating?

Foamy: It's one of those Whine-dows operating systems, y'know?

Tech Support: Very good. Do you like the ice cream?

Foamy: Wha..what?

Tech Support: DO YOU LIKE ICE CREAM?!

Foamy: What the? HELP ME! STOP ASKING DUMB QUESTIONS AND TELL ME WHAT TO DO!......HELLO?......HELLO!?!

Tech Support: I will help, yes. Here is what you do: You hold down the following keys: W...F...the number 2..the spacebar..while typing out "Genisia is great" and typing on the escape key for 20 minutes.

Foamy: ...*flips them off*

Tech Support: So how's the weather there?

Foamy: Oh geez..here we go. Fine.

Tech Support: It is hot here. Like a cow on fire.

Foamy: Oh yeah? Where are you, Florida or California?

Tech Support: I'm in India.

Foamy: India? Wait..do you mean, like, Indiana?

Tech Support: No, India.

Foamy: Wait a second. You're in INDIA?

Tech Support: I just said that!

Foamy: What the *uck?! Why am I talking to someone in India about my computer that was made in Japan and bought in America?

Tech Support: The Smell computer company has moved their tech support headquarters to India because it be cheaper.

Foamy: Nice, great. Well, why the *uck am I paying for first-rate tech support from a 3rd-world country?

Tech Support: You American bastards are only paying me $20 a week.

Foamy: $20 a week? Damn. You're getting ripped off, dude. Tech support here gets that an hour.

Tech Support: My god, you're all bastards!

Foamy: Hey. We're discussing my computer here. Not your slave wages. Pay attention. FOCUS.

Tech Support: Oh, very sorry. How is your computer today?

Foamy: Broken, jackass. Broken. Wait- Can I ask you a question? Why if I just boot the computer up through the installer disk and have it rewrite the file I messed with?

Tech Support: Yes, I guess you could do that.

Foamy: Oh yeah, great. You've been a big *ucking help.

Tech Support: Thank you for using Smell Computer Tech Support. Please tell your friends.

Foamy: Damn foreign outsourcing.

Foamy: Keep the jobs in the U.S. so I can understand who I'm talking to. You *ucking bastards.

Copyright: Jonathan Ian Mathers: 2004.
http://www.illwillpress.com