Veteran
Aug 8, 2004
Athens, WV
www.cfld.com
Fresh from the inbox...

Title: US Airways Ranks First in On-Time Performance for March
Date: 5/7/2008 10:39:00 AM

Airline also ranked first in on-time performance for first quarter
and among top three for the past four months.

TEMPE, Ariz.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 7, 2008--For the third time in
four months US Airways' (NYSE:LCC) on-time performance ranked first
among the 10 largest U.S. carriers according to results released today
by the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT).

US Airways' on-time arrival rate of 79.1 percent for March also
propelled the airline to the number one spot for the first quarter
among the 10 largest U.S. carriers, with an on-time arrival rate of
78.3 percent for the first three months of this year. US Airways has
ranked among the top three in on-time performance among the 10 largest
U.S. carriers for the past four months. In March 2007, US Airways
ranked last among the 10 largest U.S. airlines with an on-time
performance rate of 55.5 percent.

"Today's top on-time performance results validate the substantial
operational turnaround our airline is executing," said Scott Kirby, US
Airways' President. "Our 36,000 employees are working together as one
airline to deliver best-in-class reliability for our customers. We
look forward to the challenge of continuing to lead the industry in
on-time performance and to also deliver better performance in the
other areas that our customers value."

US Airways pays $50 to employees in months when its on-time
performance is in the top three of the ten largest U.S. airlines. The
airline has paid out $50 to each employee for four consecutive months,
for a total of $7.2 million.

Any airline can do it when you add 15 to 20 minutes to the block time, it's costing them a lot of money,

Not more money than a 55% on time performance would cost you. Trust me...Finance is running those numbers....they wouldn't be doing it if they weren't saving more money than it cost them.

Actually if you compare US Airways block time to other airline's block times on the same routings, they're really not any longer than WN, UA, AA etc... take a look next time you're in qik looking at flight schedules.

Actually if you compare US Airways block time to other airline's block times on the same routings, they're really not any longer than WN, UA, AA etc... take a look next time you're in qik looking at flight schedules.

Exactly...I spent consderable time one day recently comparing US with every other carrier in markets they share. If anything, we had a slightly shorter total block time on the average. So we can put this false claim to rest.

Everyone...just do this for your own sakes...

1. Pat Yourself on the Back

2. Breathe

3. Pat Yourself on the Back

4. Breathe

Repeat until you feel satisfied because YOU all worked hard to get this OnTime Performance Goal!

Everyone...just do this for your own sakes...

1. Pat Yourself on the Back

2. Breathe

3. Pat Yourself on the Back

4. Breathe

Repeat until you feel satisfied because YOU all worked hard to get this OnTime Performance Goal!

You should be writing "Hallmark" cards for US! I hear someone has cards for those who are in prison(the real ones.) You should think about a career or future career change. Mama

You should be writing "Hallmark" cards for US! I hear someone has cards for those who are in prison(the real ones.) You should think about a career or future career change. Mama
When am I getting my bribe money?
2hcmhcn.jpg

While this is indeed a positive, one must keep perspective. The problem is that it's a short-term fix that's too expensive to work for the long term.

Mike Isom is already on record as saying that he has to "give back" the extra pad in the schedules and greater spare aircraft time that were used to improve the on-time performance.

While it is a nice "Win" for employees, it's a classic misdirection. If you can't win the game by the published rules, move the goalposts.
Would you be quoting ROBERT ISOM or have we hired another VP of something :shock:

I know that US pads their times quite a bit but with that being said, do we know if our flight times are noticeably longer on routes we have competition on? I'm curious to see the difference. Hmmmmm