Prefunding

I agree with you on this issue, the company is using this money to sway votes.

I agree with you that it appears the company wants us to vote yes, so at this point we maybe should examine why they want us to vote for this instead of them getting to impose the Ask on us.

Does voting yes pave the way for an easier transition in merger deals? I know both the TWU and the Company is saying it's totally unrelated, but is it?

Well, if we could see ALL of the language of the merger agreement maybe we could make an educated determination of that ourselves.

There are layers of this whole deal that bother me and I feel like I'm being torn in 3 different directions.

I understand, and will respect your decision once you make up your mind. This is not easy, but after years of the same type of threats just somewhat different threats, I have now had enough of the threats and fear. My main compass right now is the fact that the Pilots and F/A's are not in panick mode like the TWU. That tells me alot about what we do not know. Good Luck making your decision.

Sad that I cannot trust my own Union anymore, so I have watch another workers Union for proper direction.

An airline needs only pilots and flight attendants to fly between cities.

Once they land they can hire ground services more cheaply, including maintenance.

PATCO - 1968, when the airline industry ended.

More snake oil.......Still a hell no from myself but I am sure the sheep in Tulsa will fall in line

You will get the prefunding refund regardless of the YES or NO voting.

Elimination of retirement medical prefund is in ALL options.

Feb 1st ASK
Mar 22 1113C
And the LBO

YES/NO it doesn't matter, you will get the refund.

Key Topic – Prefunding

Today, TWU-represented employees at American Airlines contribute an amount each pay period to a trust that is used to pay for the employees’ retiree medical costs upon retirement. The company also matches the employees’ prefunding contributions.

This trust has strict terms that allow American to only use the funds for costs related to the employees’ retiree healthcare.

As part of the planned benefit changes, American will refund the TWU-represented employees’ prefunding contributions and the associated investment earnings, to all employees still contributing to the trust.

Now, American has agreed in the TWU proposals to provide the Company match to employees by also refunding the Company’s trust contributions (subject to applicable tax withholding), if consensual agreements are reached and contingent on the successful resolution of the Section 1114 retiree process.

Your employee prefunding balance is listed above and does not include the Company match amount; the Company match may be different due to the timing of contributions and investment experience.

Questions and Answers:

How do I know what amount is being paid each pay period for my prefunding retiree medical?
The amount you pay for employee prefunding can be found on your paycheck stub under your post-tax benefit deductions.

Will my employee prefunding refund be taxed?
Employee prefunding contributions were made on a post-tax basis, so this amount has already been taxed through your payroll deductions; however, the investment earnings on your contributions are subject to taxation, so you will receive a form 1099-Misc to be filed with your tax return. Consult your tax advisor for information on filing your income tax.

How will I get my employee prefunding refund?
You will receive a paper check, one for your employee contributions and one for your investments.

Can my employee prefunding refund be rolled into my 401K?
No, the prefunding plan is not a qualified retirement plan; therefore, it cannot be rolled over into your 401(k) account

My opinion is that the prefund reserves, both employee and employer contributions are in a TRUST in the employees name.

AA, TWU, or the Judge has NO RIGHT to those funds.

This "contigent" plan is nothing more than offering you something that you already own in attempt to buy a YES VOTE.

Keep pumping that company/union propaganda Buck, you are doing them a great service.

Reactions: 1 person
My opinion is that the prefund reserves, both employee and employer contributions are in a TRUST in the employees name.

AA, TWU, or the Judge has NO RIGHT to those funds.

This "contigent" plan is nothing more than offering you something that you already own in attempt to buy a YES VOTE.

Keep pumping that company/union propaganda Buck, you are doing them a great service.

I am not pumping anything. You stated one thing, the TWU stated another and you have a problem with seeing both sides. You need to control your hate, friend.

I am not pumping anything. You stated one thing, the TWU stated another and you have a problem with seeing both sides. You need to control your hate, friend.
Sadly, lot of hate going on in these parts lately.

You claim to despise the TWU but keep copying and pasting their information.

I hate nothing and nobody.

I don't have problem seeing both sides, I have a problem with someone who claims to hate the TWU, spreading their information for them.

I understand, and will respect your decision once you make up your mind. This is not easy, but after years of the same type of threats just somewhat different threats, I have now had enough of the threats and fear. My main compass right now is the fact that the Pilots and F/A's are not in panick mode like the TWU. That tells me alot about what we do not know. Good Luck making your decision.

Sad that I cannot trust my own Union anymore, so I have watch another workers Union for proper direction.

At this point its nuts to settle before the pilots, especially if at the bottom like us. the Pilots are going in, if they dont get a deal then we wont have a job anyway, so a YES vote only guarantees that we wont be able to see an improvement for at least 6 more years.

I say Vote No, wait and see where the pilots land, look at what market rates are for the industry and negotiate, not just give the company everything they want because they filed I believe. after looking at other cases we stand a better than average chance, even in Wall Strteets court, of the Judge not granting managements request, as long as our lawyers make a good arguement. We were willing to move on the few articles in our deal that the company could claim were onerous, the company was simply asking for things that nobody else ever gave up, even in BK, they sought to keep our prefunding match, they want us to sign off on a deal that makes it compulsory to go above and beyond and committ to make AA best in class in return for the worst in class for wages, pension, sick time, Holidays, VacationIf they get a deal with the pilots they will want to settle the rest and exit BK. Until then it really doesnt matter waht the rest of us do.