Prefunding Refund

JimJimmyJim

Advanced
Jul 28, 2008
DFW
Visit site
Does this apply to TWU M&R? This artical is on JETNET under pay.

QnA - Prefunding Refund Checks

When will the checks be distributed?
Checks are to be mailed by the end of the first quarter (March 31).

Who do I contact if I haven't received my refund check?
Please chat with HR Services from the Benefit's page of Jetnet. Click on the chat icon in the upper right hand corner. HR Services will be able to research the status of your refund.

How was the refund calculated?
Employee contributions are the amount that the employee contributed via payroll deductions or direct bill. Contributions are invested in a similar investment strategy as the pension plans, therefore all contribution are subject to gains and losses based on the investment performance.

Is it possible someone with less time on the job can get a larger refund than someone with higher seniority?
Employee contribution rates varied depending on when an employee first began participating in prefunding, so it is possible someone paying higher contributions for a shorter amount of time could receive a higher refund.

How are the checks being distributed?
All checks are distributed through US mail to the address the employee has on file with the Company. You will receive one check for your contributions; this amount is non-taxable. If your account has experienced a gain, you will receive a second check for the taxable amount of your gain. Both checks will arrive in the same envelope. JP Morgan will not withhold taxes on the taxable amount of your refund. You will receive a W-2 in the beginning of 2012 to be filed with your 2011 tax return.

If I move during the check distribution time frame, will my check be forwarded to my new address?
If the employee has their mail forwarded to the new address, yes. But if not, it will be returned to JP Morgan. JP Morgan will check to see if a new address has been provided, once confirmed they will remail your refund. If you have not received your refund due to a recent change of address, please chat with HR Services from the Benefit's page of Jetnet. Click on the chat icon in the upper right hand corner. HR Services will be able to research the status of your refund.

Who should I provide my new address info to, AA or JP Morgan?
Employees should update their address on the Jetnet home page under Resources. Click on "Update MY Information" on any Jetnet page to check or update your address and phone number. Allow at least 24 hours for AA to update your address in its systems. If you determine the address is incorrect after the checks are sent, you will need to make the address change and notify HR Services.

Does this apply to TWU M&R? This artical is on JETNET under pay.

QnA - Prefunding Refund Checks

When will the checks be distributed?
Checks are to be mailed by the end of the first quarter (March 31).

Who do I contact if I haven't received my refund check?
Please chat with HR Services from the Benefit's page of Jetnet. Click on the chat icon in the upper right hand corner. HR Services will be able to research the status of your refund.

How was the refund calculated?
Employee contributions are the amount that the employee contributed via payroll deductions or direct bill. Contributions are invested in a similar investment strategy as the pension plans, therefore all contribution are subject to gains and losses based on the investment performance.

Is it possible someone with less time on the job can get a larger refund than someone with higher seniority?
Employee contribution rates varied depending on when an employee first began participating in prefunding, so it is possible someone paying higher contributions for a shorter amount of time could receive a higher refund.

How are the checks being distributed?
All checks are distributed through US mail to the address the employee has on file with the Company. You will receive one check for your contributions; this amount is non-taxable. If your account has experienced a gain, you will receive a second check for the taxable amount of your gain. Both checks will arrive in the same envelope. JP Morgan will not withhold taxes on the taxable amount of your refund. You will receive a W-2 in the beginning of 2012 to be filed with your 2011 tax return.

If I move during the check distribution time frame, will my check be forwarded to my new address?
If the employee has their mail forwarded to the new address, yes. But if not, it will be returned to JP Morgan. JP Morgan will check to see if a new address has been provided, once confirmed they will remail your refund. If you have not received your refund due to a recent change of address, please chat with HR Services from the Benefit's page of Jetnet. Click on the chat icon in the upper right hand corner. HR Services will be able to research the status of your refund.

Who should I provide my new address info to, AA or JP Morgan?
Employees should update their address on the Jetnet home page under Resources. Click on "Update MY Information" on any Jetnet page to check or update your address and phone number. Allow at least 24 hours for AA to update your address in its systems. If you determine the address is incorrect after the checks are sent, you will need to make the address change and notify HR Services.

I think it has to do with the ticket agents.