Priority List Question

He was flying DTW ORD LAX on Sunday. Yes, you can check in 24 hours in advance on Saturday. He would appear on the DTW priority list for sunday as a D1 and you could view this list on saturday. However, he WOULD NOT appear on sunday's ORDLAX list as a D1T on SATURDAY until he was CLEARED ON SUNDAY. He was on that list as a D1T on saturday already. I know it's a bit confusing to explain but do you get it now?

So there is no advantage gained by this "gamming the system"? Maybe this is nothing more than a program change to make soemthing that is already happening more automatic?

I do not see any evidence of wrongdoing here. A traveler going nonrev will automatically show up on the list as a Thru in the connection city once they are given a seat in the upline or origin city. Sabre is supposed to do this automatically once the seat is assigned. Just because they were given a seat the day before for the first flight is not a violation. Sometimes if flights are very empty the flight will be set to automatically accommodate nonrevs at a certain priority code or higher. On empty flights this is often set to D1 and higher and is something Sabre can do on its own.

This means that a nonrev checking in D1 or higher would automatically be given a seat out of DTW and then appear on the list on ORD as a D1T. Now if a flight cancels the next day and the seat is revoked and the nonrev does not make the flight, they will still show on the list on ORD until their name is called and they are listed as 'No Answer' or they cancel the PNR, or if the agent in ORD is not too busy they might look to see that the nonrev ended up not making the flight, but they usually don't have time and type 'No Answer' or 'NOANS'.

If you did not look at the G* for the flight out of DTW then there is no way we would know what the original flight was restricted to. That is the term that is used. If it is set to D1 or higher then it is restricted to D1's and other nonrevs will be accommodated at the gate if a seat is available.

But to answer your question, it is very possible for a Nonrev, especially a D1, to show as Thru at a connection city, even on a domestic connection the day before.

This actually used to happen a lot more for seats in economy. Flights were less restricted in the past and often you got a seat, usually a window, when you checked in for an empty flight on Jetnet. They have evidently gotten more strict about restrictions as I usually do not see any flight unrestricted for D1's or lower for economy. First and Business are always restricted well above the Nonrev level.

If you have Sabre access and the GDSPLY key word in your RES Profile, you can access the G Display for any AA or Envoy flight by using the G* Entry. I hope this helps explain the situation.

You should always hold onto your boarding passes btw. I know of a recent situation where a traveler was connecting in MIA to GRU and had his boarding pass from his origin city and his priority verification for the MIA GRU flight and Sabre never put him on the list for the MIA GRU as a Thru. He was able to show his original boarding pass and priority card and the agent put him on the list for the MIA GRU Flight as a Thru. Although the agent could have just checked the Priority List from the Original Flight, it is usually easier when you have pieces of paper and can say I just got off this flight and I am connecting but I am not on the list for the next flight.

Enjoy our Travel Benefits.

Thanks for the explanation. I learned some things from your post. I am allowed to do the G* entries, but I never understood what the "restrictions" meant until now I thought it meant that if restricted code was D!, then D!s would NOT be accommodated in that class of service.

Thanks for the info Gulf Coast that explains a lot. I had a Guest traveling yesterday, when I got in to work in the morning I checked the flight (3:30pm) and at 9am she already had a seat assignment. The plane was only half full and their were just 4 standbys listed. I was suprised, but confused.

BTW I just checked a flight from Dallas three weeks out and there are already D2Ts on it. So this sound much more like a system program change.

If You List for a flight, say JFK-ORD-OMA-DFW-JFK all in the same listing, all flights with the exception of origin will show as a T when you click on the I to see how many non revs are listed.

Y
BTW I just checked a flight from Dallas three weeks out and there are already D2Ts on it. So this sound much more like a system program change.

In Jetnet, you'd see that because you can flight list that far in advance. But they're not priority listed yet since the G* isn't available more than 2 calendar days in advance, and you can't be priority listed for the original flight > 24 hours out.

I guess I fail to understand what "Priority List" is vs. just the list of standbys in priority order?

In reality if you are talking any time more than 24 hours in advance of departure, there is no difference, and that list of standbys is only a gross priority--D1s vs D2s, etc.; however, the list can still be helpful in NRTP. For instance, if you are kinda, sorta thinking about going to FLL for the weekend with your spouse, and the only flight that is going there that you can make already has 25 nonrevs listed as D2s, you know that you are either going to have to be quick on the draw at 24-hour checkin point, or you are going to have to burn a couple of your D1s. Or, if it is already oversold with revenue passengers, you need to rethink the FLL destination and look at the loads to ICT. :rolleyes:

I guess I fail to understand what "Priority List" is vs. just the list of standbys in priority order?

What you are might be calling a priority list is only a list of the passengers with intent to board that flight.
The drop down menu shows you the passengers that listed ( also known as "meal list/ed " ) for that particular flight.
It is not a standby list.

The stand by list with the actual boarding priority is what you see after you check in for a flight.
( some passengers might be on the list before you are eligible to check in because of their travel plans etc...)

Passengers listed and viewed on the drop down menus for flights on the travel planer days or even months before hand are just a way to help you with your plans and advise you on what the actual boarding list might be come boarding time.
It does show the passengers that might have a T designation due to their routing, but that's all .
It does not mean they have been assigned a boarding priority at the gate in any way shape or form.

To see the actual boarding priority on any flight you use the drop down panel on the top of the travel planner and manually enter the flight # ,date and originating airport for any flight within the last few days,

or use the drop down menu and select priority for a flight you already listed for (meal listed )
regardless of when that flight is scheduled to depart tomorrow or 11 months from now.

Last edited:
( some passengers might be on the list before you are eligible to check in because of their travel plans etc...)

So check-in 24hr prior does not necessary mean 24hours at the down line station because of the originating city

So check-in 24hours prior does not necessary mean 24 hours because of transfers from one PALL list to another

So check-in 24hours prior does not necessary mean 24 hours because of transfers from one PALL list to another

what exactly are you getting at?
this is not something hidden and just discovered by you , is it now?