Profit Sharing...Again

Profit sharing is in the East contract; not the West contract.

The EAst and West are represented by the same union, but their contracts are still separate and so is the operation.

But, since you are of that mind-set,and East did vote to share the profit sharing provision of their contract with the West, please have your West MEC provide the East f/as with some of your vacation days and medical coverage months to the East. The East has been reduced to 28 vacation while the West f/as have 36 accrued per year. I think the West f/as extra vacation contractual days should go into a "pool" and then split them among the East.... This way all the f/as can receive 30 days a year...same with medical. West gets 24 months; East receives 9 months....If you put those WEst months in a pool, then East and West could have 12 months a year. Dougie would like that very much...its called "cost neutral".

Then those two sections can just be closed out.

What say you???
I suspect that things would be much different now if you were at the helm of the East. I also suspect that if you scenario played out, then we would just be stuck with it on the west the way you are stuck with this on the east. The problem with putting some people in power is that very few have the vision necessary to make good decisions even though they may seem like the right thing at the time.

I empathize with your situation, but I am still thankful to be receiving an extra check in March

QUOTE:
This provision would have to include the Company proposal that furloughed East Flight Attendants be entitled to use her/his US Airways longevity for pay and vacation and have immediate access to health and welfare benefits.

Of course this was after they paid to move themselves out to PHX, paid for their own lodging while in training, paid for their own uniforms and attend training without pay!
That put all the East f/a's in a monetary "hole".
Then while in training the "powers that be" came in and said the East side was recalling....those invol flight attendants that just moved out to PHX had 2 hours to decide whether or not to leave training and move themselves BACK to the East for the recall. That's one fabulous reason to give away the profit sharing!

Sorry, but you are wrong: the trainees: got full pay on their US/East longevity scale. (it was on they line as " CB" which is company bussiness with full pay for 5 weeks) They could use ( and still using ) US/East uniform, thus it 3was not necessary for them to buy "west "uniform..

As to dead heading and vacation time, West foregone the : Holidays. 10 holidays/year got US/West 7 days extra vacation.

I suspect that things would be much different now if you were at the helm of the East. I also suspect that if you scenario played out, then we would just be stuck with it on the west the way you are stuck with this on the east. The problem with putting some people in power is that very few have the vision necessary to make good decisions even though they may seem like the right thing at the time.

I empathize with your situation, but I am still thankful to be receiving an extra check in March

Your vision is obviously, myopic.

And, if I were still on the property, you bet your ### things would be a hell of alot different. First order of business would be that Dougie and cronies would not be receiving any notoriety from the media as some kind of visionaries...NONE!

This dragging on of the transition provisions just keeps Mike F in the seat because the MEC thinks they can't do without him because of his involvement from the onset of these so-called negotiations now in perpetuity.

Your vision is obviously, myopic.
Yes, you are probably right. Every time I have a conversation with a union person this happens. It reminds me of the union meeting I went to in the early 1990's, where the president responded to one of my questions with, "We (meaning all the officers) have thought of every question you could possibly ask and have thought about every possibility." My myopia was probably formed from that experience and I have never had it corrected.

I have a question though. Are you saying that the transition aggreement is in jeapordy and that it still could be modified?

The transition agreement is what it is, there are negotiations going on for a single CBA which will cover both east and west under one agreement and will replace the East, West and Transition Agreements.

Holy master cr*p....what part of of this program don't some of you peoeple get. It is what it is. Every group has independantly addressed it through their negociations with the company.

Once again blinded by ones own little world and forgetting there is something called a airline WE ALL ARE RUNNING AS ONE.

If someone doesn't like it, there is a door you know, I am sure many of co-workers are more the willing to put their foot to the back end..... :lol:

The company is not running as one.

Pay rates, sick pay, work rules, travel, vacations and many other things are all differant between East and West. All unionized groups except the dispatchers are still working under their own CBAs and not a unified one.

The company is still operating under two seperate FAA Operating Certifcates, two seperate maintenance programs and two seperate reservation systems.

So please explain to the board how it is operating as one?

One airline? Yea right. There are a lot of differences, and personally, I am uncomfortable with doing things the east way. Our destinies are the same, but our contracts are very much different. It is my understanding that we will be seudo-integrated by mid-year. This does not mean, however, that our CBA's will be integrated. We will be seperate until we reach a tentative agreement with the company on a combined east-west contract that is ratified.

The question is not "what is in it for me?" The question is "What is best for us?" Since our destinies are the same, we have to do what is best for the entire group as a whole, realizing that the company is going to try to work us against each other for their benefit. The company is loving working this combined airline as two seperate entities. It allows them to continue to pay many of the workgroups substandard wages.

Here is a question which would have ramifications for the future. Do the west FA's have profit sharing privledges for 2007? This could have a serious impact on unity in the workgroup and the ability of the company to manipulate us.

My myopia is probably affecting my thinking on all of this.