ALPA AWA MEC Thread for 8/10-8/17

QUOTE(flyinawa @ Aug 16 2007, 12:51 AM)
"Wrong. Ask senior America West pilots if they are happy with the idea that a bunch of Easties could bid into PHX and cause havoc with their lifestyles."

So you would agree to the Nic award being ammended to have fences for 20 years to keep all USAir pilots from ever going to LAS and PHX?

And here we finally get to the meat of the matter = No one, on either side wants to "lose" anything from this St Nic "gift" to us all, but only one side's interested in fixing the mess so that an actual pilot "group" could be established between the factions. The other "side" can seemingly only offer up some ever-mutating variations on "Aww C'mon guys...just bend over and everything will work out just fine".

In my early postings after the Nic fiasco surfaced; I advocated fences, some/any possible compromise/even just reasonable discussion/etc...and was continually met with ridicule from the west. I no longer see compromise as viable, or even reasonable, and I'll be happy just to never have to work with "those people", much less surrender fine guys/gals with many times the west's "seniority" to this nightmare....whatever the cost, and whatever it takes.

In my early postings after the Nic fiasco surfaced; I advocated fences, some/any possible compromise/even just reasonable discussion/etc...and was continually met with ridicule from the west.

I rightfully so. Your chance for negotiation came and went. Your side f'ed up. Your side took the process to med/arb. Now live with it

I no longer see compromise as viable, or even reasonable...

About time.

and I'll be happy just to never have to work with "those people", much less surrender fine guys/gals with many times the west's "seniority" to this nightmare....whatever the cost, and whatever it takes.

Can't wait to see what your GAGers end up doing.

So you would agree to the Nic award being ammended to have fences for 20 years to keep all USAir pilots from ever going to LAS and PHX?

Fences? AWA already got fences out of the additional 757s until the merging of the lists. Same for the 190s. Advantage: East. I suppose we could fence the existing number of East aircraft seats, heck, even the replacement aircraft. But then the only reasonable thing would be for the West to get all additional expansion aircraft and any new aircraft types, even if they were in East cities. That way, you maintain your so-called expectations for success and the West gets to maintain their expectations of expansion.

Doesn't sound to good to you? I don't think it would be that good for ANYONE. It's a fluid industry. I don't see fences as a real sign of success. I hear you can't cover the captain reserve list as it stands. One available per day in PHL, and that's right from an East crews mouth. That's not good at all. Is that the West pilots fault?

Latest posts