Psa To Take Over Avp?

robbedagain

Veteran
Oct 13, 2003
Visit site
I heard today that sometime very soon, PSA is going to take over AVP in terms of the ticket counter operations. Is it true? Also heard that they pay $6.00 an hour.
If it is true, what does that say about some of the other stations?

I believe the contract for all cities who convert to mainline/express is the CWA contract and the company cannot just replace the CWA employees there with PSA or Allegheny or anyone else for that matter...the agreement with the CWA was they would get the cust svc work in those cities that currently are CWA mainline employees....any new city that we currently do not fly to the company can utilize another company to work the cust svc and ramp providing the flight sked stays within certain limitations.....I think the rumor of PSA was started by a disgruntled former AVP employee on the ramp who wants to see the IAM and CWA fall and all of its employees lose their jobs because the IAM failed him and he is out of a job......just my opinion.....

Ok I was just curious because we have two guys (one of them a lead) that came from AVP and they had heard it from some of their buddies up there. Thanks for the opinion.

It could happen on the ramp in AVP because they are not IAM Mainline Express. Since they are contracted out to an outside vendor, the company could very well replace them at any time with PSA, PDT, ALG, or another vendor.

that is correct..PSA is going to be doing proving runs next week at avp and they have the new RJ"S and will be flying into here....no mention anywhere of PSA personnel for ramp or cust svc...wings is right the ramp could become PSA if the company wants to because of the current farmed out situation here....

If the company does go ahead and use PSA Ramp Agents, would that save the airline a bit more dough, especially if the pay is 6.00 an hour as I have heard.?

Well the current payscale for ramp agents at AVP starts at 8.00 hr...no benefits....no sick time....no vacation.....nothing.....and no hope for a raise...Usairways pays this company a set amount of money every month and this company pays their employees with that money....so a lead on the ramp for them may make 9.50 hr and the ramp agent 8.00..with no set raises or even a hope for a raise unless U pays them more money and then the owners of FSS in turn pass it on to the employees....but if the cost gets too high for U then theyll dump FSS and get somebody else...so if the pay is only 6.00 hr for PSA but PSA offers benefits and other little perks then it might not pay for U to go and switch

I believe PSA pays $6.65 to start and increments each six months. Lucky if top pay ever reaches $10. I believe that full medical and travel beni's are offered to part timers.