Last Day for PSA in PIT

Jan 9, 2004
Pittsburgh PA
Today is the last day of ramp and gate operations for PSA Airlines doing business as US Airways Express in Pittsburgh.

As a former employee, I wanted to say thank you to everyone I worked with while I was there. I left a while ago, but I will miss the people and the work we did while we were there at the airport. US Airways made a huge mistake closing the operation down, but then I suppose it's par for the course that they are playing.

I want to thank the mainline employees who worked with us for making the operation that much better. I believe that multiple bargaining units can work together to accomplish many goals despite personal feelings or company interference.

I also wanted to thank a lot of other airline employees who work in PIT and employees from non-aviation businesses inside the terminal. It was good to strike up friendships where the talk wasn't always about labor woes or airline problems. Also, thanks to the people at the ACAA, many of whom are former US Airways and PSA employees. They do a very good job of taking care of a really great airport.

Thanks to the passengers who flew in, out and through Pittsburgh on US Airways Express, and I'm sorry that your choices are going to be severely limited in less than twenty-four hours. Ultimately, it's the passengers who are going to suffer the most, and hopefully it will be the passengers who march with their feet and vote with their wallets to make another airline profitable.

And that's it as far as the thank yous. Good luck to everyone left, and I hope to see everyone else tonight at the party.

Good luck to all those effected.

There is life beyond the airlines and it is not a rollercoaster ride.

I wish them all well.

PAWOB...It has been my honor and my privilege to experience only the best of the US East system in Pittsburgh every time I pass through to make a connection...Pittsburgh we will miss you!

So where are you transferring to PAWOB?

Thanks All in PIT for the wonderful service, on the Express side for handling all my flights between RDG-PIT and Mainline from PIT out.

I'm no longer with the airline, YV, and I doubt I'll ever work for US Airways again.

Come and join me on my latest venture then :) We're gonna buy Mesa out eventually when we find the $$$ and turn their shitte operation around and of course I'd love to get out of the contract w/ US and UA and start flying more of our own "branded" operations ...

Nah I'm just rambling but it'd be nice to start my own airline.

Well, I just got back from the party, and let me tell you......it was one hell of a party. It's still going on at Viola's as I type. I saw a lot of great people down there from PSA past and present. Even the PHL Express ramp manager is making an appearance (she is former PSA).

I'm completely blasted, but I can still type, and I'm telling you all this because I believe it to be true: What PSA did in Pittsburgh can never be duplicated by US Airways anywhere. DoUgIe and Scotch have no clue as to what they just did, and I hope they pay for it someday.

By the way, Doug. I had a designated driver tonight. You could learn a lot from the people you alienate, you big jerk!

Well, I just got back from the party, and let me tell you......it was one hell of a party. It's still going on at Viola's as I type. I saw a lot of great people down there from PSA past and present. Even the PHL Express ramp manager is making an appearance (she is former PSA).

I'm completely blasted, but I can still type, and I'm telling you all this because I believe it to be true: What PSA did in Pittsburgh can never be duplicated by US Airways anywhere. DoUgIe and Scotch have no clue as to what they just did, and I hope they pay for it someday.

By the way, Doug. I had a designated driver tonight. You could learn a lot from the people you alienate, you big jerk!

:eek: :up: Great working with u Prince! Sorry I missed the party..things are going great down here in TN.

:eek: :up: Great working with u Prince! Sorry I missed the party..things are going great down here in TN.

You too, Orville. You missed a wild party. I had a wicked hangover, but that tends to happen when you mix your chemicals.

I'm glad to hear that it's going well for you at your new station.