Pull Together Win Together

I agree - things did not have to pan out in this manner, however - behind the "heated dialog", as you call it, are many feeling ill-used and lied to by both the management and the TWU (which is supposed to be working for labor, not against it).

I have serious doubts about that. The term "market rate" has been used many times with regard to mechanics' pay. That tells us that even if the company were to suddenly begin making billions overnight, our labor would only be worth market rate, which the major carriers seem to have lowered considerably in the last 5 years by their willingness to outsource maintenance (and therefore the safety of fliers' furry posteriors) to the lowest bidder.

See my last comment above.

Indeed - those pay levels may not be realistic all considered, but I and many others feel we were lied to in order to put the 2003 concessions in place and continually lied to for the last 5 years by both the so-called union we can't seem to rid ourselves of and the management, the latter not being a great surprise.

Goose- first of all, I appreciate that you seriously addressed my comments instead of throwing flames. I definitely appreciate your arguments. "Market rate" and "outsourcing" are unfortunate trends for you guys, and I hope you and the company can come to an agreement that benefits you in the short-term and the long-term.

Goose- first of all, I appreciate that you seriously addressed my comments instead of throwing flames. I definitely appreciate your arguments. "Market rate" and "outsourcing" are unfortunate trends for you guys, and I hope you and the company can come to an agreement that benefits you in the short-term and the long-term.

What exactly did you sacrifice as a result of the 2003 restructuring agreement?

What is your stake in the outcome of our labor negotiations?

What exactly did you sacrifice as a result of the 2003 restructuring agreement?

A total of 32%! 15.6% in pay, loss of vacation, sick accrual, extended duty days and duty aloft, no holiday pay, no #1 pay on narrowbody, no shift differential pay, reduced purser pay, reduced pier diem, no furlough pay, loss of crew meals, increased max hours for reserve, etc... I could write a damn book with all we gave up!

You're welcome - I'd much rather have a relatively civil conversation, if you will, than I would a fight with words (which has happened - I just don't like to let things lie).

A total of 32%! 15.6% in pay, loss of vacation, sick accrual, extended duty days and duty aloft, no holiday pay, no #1 pay on narrowbody, no shift differential pay, reduced purser pay, reduced pier diem, no furlough pay, loss of crew meals, increased max hours for reserve, etc... I could write a damn book with all we gave up!

Ouch.

Nicely done.

I like this message by a FA I run into last week, everyone in his crew were wearing this button, simple and straight to the point:

2minibutton.jpg

he has a site where you can buy stuff to pass around or wear if you're really fed up with AA BS:

Website

I purchased some tees and buttons to pass around too.
I'll take a look right now

"Pull Together Win Together"

We forgot to ask the company exactly when the "win together" kicks in.

What a hose job

Who came up with that useless slogan anyway

If you are on this board
FU

:D