QIK improvement wish list

Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
OK, we're now two weeks into the fiasco of QIK. Realizing Sabre won't come back (although so many wish it would) let's come up with a "wish list" of improvements to QIK. Let's keep this on topic, serious, and specific (maybe start another thread for satirical suggestions.) I thought about only one suggestion per poster but feared that would turn into something like Monty Python's Spanish Inquisition skit *
OK here are mine:

1. Give users the option of using native SHARES along with QIK.
- vendor costs should be minimal since it is already a SHARES product. A couple of US stations already use it (ANC, for one)
- training cost: that depends on what the company puts into it. Former Sabre users should be able to figure it out fairly easily with a prompt sheets.

2. Improve availability displays.
- not sure how much of this is a QIK vs native problem but do know that QIK will not show flights that the CO native system does show.

3. Simplify involuntary reroutes.
- so many problems here. An entire thread could be devoted to it.
3a - allow for three segment invol reroutes.
3b - fewer steps to push e-tkt control to another carrier.

(see, I'm doing the "Our top weapon is surprise. And fear" thing already)

* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_Inqui...Monty_Python%29

- vendor costs should be minimal since it is already a SHARES product. A couple of US stations already use it (ANC, for one)

Small point, DL operates our ANC station.

Native SHARES does exist in some stations who haven't completely upgraded their computers though...but most of the agents who know how to use it are gone, or so I have heard.

Have you tried pressing Alt + N while in QIK? I might be 100% off track but that brings up what I thought to be native SHARES.

Good idea for a post though. :up:

The only way shares can be improved is to eliminate it and forget that it exists. It has proven to be totally worthless and those in charge should be terminated for incompetance. Hello Tempe IS ANYONE LISTENING AND SEEING WHAT IS HAPPENING HERE???????????

The only way shares can be improved is to eliminate it and forget that it exists. It has proven to be totally worthless and those in charge should be terminated for incompetance. Hello Tempe IS ANYONE LISTENING AND SEEING WHAT IS HAPPENING HERE???????????

How can you justify getting rid of a program that has worked JUST FINE for all this time?

IT knew that shares could not handle to Sabre cutover and went ahead with it anyway. What does that say about their competence? Go ahead with it even though we know it won't work., is this what we are expect in the future? At present rate that future will be very short.

1) Combine the 50 50 ratio of THE BEST Entries(SAbre)
2) Fire the IT Jackasses
3) When you Shift F, to send a FixIt Or Suggest it, pray they FOLLOW thru.
Not holding my breath!

How can you justify getting rid of a program that has worked JUST FINE for all this time?
fenixflyer...either you are an agitator ...just trying to stir up trouble or you belong on a funny farm in a strait jacket hmmmm maybe you were just released and they gave you a tempe lobotomy.... :shock:

If it works so great, then perhaps you can answer some of the questions us East agents have posted in various threads to help us out. Otherwise, I'm not convinced. Perhaps it has worked "just fine" because the West didnt have the various issues there are on the East. Once again, how do you reissue a 5 leg paper ticket without showing $3000 cash in your ACO? How do you reissue ANY 5 leg ticket with the option for only 4 coupons? How do you get THE NEXT FLIGHT to show up in availability without F2ing all day long? How do you get flights to Odessa, Ukraine or Bangalore, India to show up? These arent "made up" problems. These are all things that have happened this week alone. Please explain to us how to do them with the current system. (I've already explained the "missing" TPA-AVL/RDU/MYR/AVP/CRW flights in the system). I'll be waiting to hear how the system works fine for these issues.

1) Give me THE NEXT FLIGHT out in availability.
2) Easier reissues (vol/invol/paper/etkt)
3) Gate entries are a joke. How many pages for a standby list? Why cant I give a specific seat to a specific customer on the standby list?

***** 3 per list is NOT enough. :ph34r:

Get TIPS up and running properly! GOTDAMMIT!

Why doesn't ctrl E F9 F5 option 2c work for OFF line reroutes?

Why don't ON line reroutes work if we have to change the city pairing?...for instance..PBI for MIA or FLL! This irritates me to no friggin end and the fact that we have to constantly handwrite FIMS is a little bit ridiculous, don't you think?! :blink:

And this airline wants to start flying to ASIA?? They better gets this reservation system up to speed and FAST!

Considering the revenue that US Airways has certainly LOST over the past couple of weeks, especially with thousands of E-tkts out of sync and going unnoticed because we're so overwhelmingly busy, I'm just wondering how much more it would have cost the company to keep SABRE by renegotiating the contract as opposed to all the money they spent on IT and the migration?

CTRL and F8 at the same time.

Why doesnt the computer automatically "adjust" the etkt when you rebook it? At least it could ask, do you want to adjust the etkt to the new flights booked Y or N? Then let the computer do the work behind the scenes instead of us having to do it on the front end. Could also work with any rebooking. Do you want to reissue, adjust, etc?
Why doesnt the system let you put two people in a record on the upgrade list at the same time. K-option? If the record has to be split, let the da*m computer do it behind the scenes instead of us having to do it. Do you want to put both customers on the upgrade list Y or N? Divide the record and adjust the tickets if needed and add the upgrade code.
If you adjust the tickets to put someone on the standby list, who adjusts them again if they dont make it? I just put them on and let the gate adjust IF they get them on the flight otherwise they have to do it again when they get on their orig flight right?
Why cant you canx out a segment from a canx flight without having to adjust the itin to get it to the bottom of the record and then canx it out? Just canx the segment I want canx. Thats three extra steps just to clean up the record.
Productivity, what productivity....
Why cant I add an LEO edit from checkin? Two more steps to get something simple done.
Why do I have to fill out a piece of paper for special assists and then the gate agent has to put the info that I wrote on the paper into the machine to get them to show on the assist list and to close out the flight? If I could just do it THE FIRST TIME in the computer it would be done. More extra work.
For those on the West who think this system is "wonderful", I'd like to know what other systems you've worked. The Sabre version we had was a pig, but it was still miles ahead of our current Shares system. If they are going to keep it, then we need to see some major "improvements" soon. Maybe some more $9.00/hr IT techs are needed in Tempe. Isnt spring graduation coming soon?

When I started working on sabre in 1983...
it could do more than this system in 2007.

We've gone back over 20 years in technology..
which is fine if you are just selling roundtrips from PHX to LAX.

I'm totally disappointed in the Management that made this decision. Also, knowing that the west side airports are staffed 25 pct or more than east side....how could they not know that it would be impossible to run the east coast operation with the number of personnel we have. If it takes four HP people to board a flight in the west....and east was doing it with
one employee (thanks to our sabre efficiency),
any idiot could see that some hiring would be in order to have a smooth transition.

Is anyone using their brain in PHX or do they just not care.....

The public will run in droves from our long lines and long waits.

Another little tidbit I found from the IT dept regarding Shares and its working "just fine". I asked how to show THE NEXT FLIGHT from point A to point B without having to F2 all the time.

To answer your question…shares is setup to show conx by a conx city order, not departure time order (ie. It will show all CLT conx, then PHL, then etc…). We can change the order of conx cities, but we are not able to display by departure time. That is just how shares is, but you can add the conx city you want in the display availability popup

This means if you have 9 flights a day to CLT, 8 to PHL, 2 to PIT and 4 to DCA, and its 630am and the customer has missed their flight and the next flight to BOS is on the 715am via DCA, you have to F2 thru ALL the CLT conx (even the night flights), all the PHL conx, (all day), PIT conx, (all day) to get to the DCA flight. You can ASK for via conx in the orig availability display (which would be quicker than F2ing all day long), but how many ridiculous steps is that? Just show me THE NEXT FLIGHT regardless of what city its via (and honestly how many people are up to date on US conx and other airline conx and their cities?). Another way the system is lacking.

Another little tidbit I found from the IT dept regarding Shares and its working "just fine". I asked how to show THE NEXT FLIGHT from point A to point B without having to F2 all the time.

To answer your question…shares is setup to show conx by a conx city order, not departure time order (ie. It will show all CLT conx, then PHL, then etc…). We can change the order of conx cities, but we are not able to display by departure time. That is just how shares is, but you can add the conx city you want in the display availability popup
This means if you have 9 flights a day to CLT, 8 to PHL, 2 to PIT and 4 to DCA, and its 630am and the customer has missed their flight and the next flight to BOS is on the 715am via DCA, you have to F2 thru ALL the CLT conx (even the night flights), all the PHL conx, (all day), PIT conx, (all day) to get to the DCA flight. You can ASK for via conx in the orig availability display (which would be quicker than F2ing all day long), but how many ridiculous steps is that? Just show me THE NEXT FLIGHT regardless of what city its via (and honestly how many people are up to date on US conx and other airline conx and their cities?). Another way the system is lacking.
The people that make this stuff up lack vision in the agents world

Latest posts