QIK improvement wish list

We could easily return to SABRE if Tempe would admit they made an error in selecting QIK/Shares. The East still have native SABRE skills at their fingertips and the West can use QIK over SABRE which is already written. Heck, little or no training required. We are using FOS/DECS and TIPS now might as well get the whole package.
Are you kidding DoUgIe Parker admitting he made a mistake? He will only do that to stay out of jail. His pride is too High to admit that, after all, he's trying to blame the agents. What kind of leader is he? He's like the idiot in DC, won't listen, he knows it all.

1) Give me THE NEXT FLIGHT out in availability.
2) Easier reissues (vol/invol/paper/etkt)
3) Gate entries are a joke. How many pages for a standby list? Why cant I give a specific seat to a specific customer on the standby list?

***** 3 per list is NOT enough. :ph34r:

1) When you go to check availability, in the time field put whatever the current time is... i.e. if its 1400, put 2P...1500 3P, etc.

3) Retrieve the standby pax's PNR, CTRL+S F2. Enter the segment number on their PNR then the seat you want to put them in. It even gives you a seat map.

As for your point about checking flights to Bangor or whatever...it was posted somewhere (maybe here, I can't remember) that they're adding those markets into the computer slowly.

As for your point about checking flights to Bangor or whatever...it was posted somewhere (maybe here, I can't remember) that they're adding those markets into the computer slowly.
================================================

Funny that we have been servicing BGR for what 15 years now? and it is being added to the computer slowly?

No matter how you spin it, this change over has been mishandled to the extreme.

The reservations system is the source of all of our $. To F-it up is quite inexcusable. If no one is terminated for this disaster, we are all in big, big trouble.

================================================

Funny that we have been servicing BGR for what 15 years now? and it is being added to the computer slowly?

No matter how you spin it, this change over has been mishandled to the extreme.

The reservations system is the source of all of our $. To F-it up is quite inexcusable. If no one is terminated for this disaster, we are all in big, big trouble.
On the web site, RDG (Reading,Pa.) hasn't been served by US since 2002. It's listed on the new web site. I actually hoping US does return.

So, if we take the time to pull up each standbys reservation BEFORE we clear them, the computer will assign a specific seat to them? Gotta try that one. Still, even if it works, try clearing multiple standbys with this method. The old (I know its gone) way you could chose which standby (from the list) you wanted to give what seat without another time consuming step. Thanks for the info and I will try it out to see if it works.
Also, it was BANGALORE as in India. We have people traveling INTERNATIONAL on US now! :shock: :blink:
Also regarding the next flight info. The old way (I know its still gone) used to pull up the next flight regardless of what city the conx was via. Now I'm told that Shares doesnt do this, it pulls up all conx via one city, then the next, then the next. Not a great way to waste the productivity of your agents playing search for the next flight. It should easily be viewed. If its 700am, the screen should pop up the next flight (regardless of conx city) starting at that time. (Also, whats the deal with it pulling up flights that have already left? It really doesnt help to know that there WAS a flight that left this morning at 1025am when its now 3pm)
I also realize the migration caused massive problems, however how much money have we lost (especially when Manila doesnt have a clue to begin with) that we actually fly to the following markets that as of today werent in the system TPA- CHA/CAE/GSP/CHS/FLO/EWN/OAJ/PGV/XNA/FAY/LYH/HTS/LWB/JAN/SAV/HHH. This is in addition to the five or six I already sent in. I know that we serve them and know to pull them up point to point, but do OUR SALES PEOPLE across the globe know this (or even care?)

tadjr,

This is your and the other agents area of expertise, so I'm just kibitzing.

Shouldn't Shares know what time it is? Why should the agent have to enter the time when doing a reroute.

To me, with my very very limited knowledge of what you all do, a simple reroute code with city pairs would give you:

1 - the next available flights (I'd even go so far as say on any airline we have an interline agreement with),

2 - that is still operating (hasn't been canceled), and

3 - that has available seats.

Seems like anything else is a waste of the agent's time.

Jim

Thank you. Thats what I've been trying to get an answer on. We have computers, but we basically have to tell it EVERYTHING we want it to do with availability instead of it just doing it.
Also, since we dont have agreements with WN, why waste my time (and the computer space) showing me the WN flights when I ask for availability. If I want WN, I'll ask for WN just for customer info, but to program a company that we have no agreements with in normal availability is just a wa$te of time and money as far as I'm concerned.

FOR THE LAST TIME, HP WAS A REGIONAL CARRIER!!!!!!! So was (old) US, so was PS, so was PI. Who cares the past is the past, the future is in your hands, make it work & make it work right its your future.

One to do the work, one to talk to the working agent about gossip, and one to figure out how they can get the ramp to take a delay code. That's 3.
(This is the wife typing here...)

I just left HP/US in November. I was a CSS up there in PHX. Since when did they have 3 or 4 people working a flight? Even when I was up there in December and again in Jan, only 2 agents per flight if they were lucky. (Especially at night!) Where are all these extra agents coming from?

As for the Shares/QIK thing...the FULL version that CO uses is what is needed. HP/US has the "smaller" version of it. Believe me, there were plenty of times we miscon. people going to to places like China and India and guess what? NO CHANCE to see if they were making their connecting flights and no chance of rebooking them. (We could see cities like SIN or SYD...but NOTHING in India. UGH. Was a problem for me more than a few times.)

So, I was a West employee and have to agree- the HP version of QIK that is being used IS inadequate for INTL. For regular domestic ops though? It works fine. (And yes, I am quite familiar with SABRE vs Shares while working a flight...I also did HA for a bit when we handled their ground ops.)If they ever upgrade the system to what CO actually uses it'd make for a LOT more agents able to properly do their jobs.

finally a voice o santity from the hp side(wife of 700aw)... :up: I actually had an hp helper tell a customer this was a computer upgrade when he questioned why he couldnt check in on line????? Most of us on the east love our jobs...why else would we stay thru 2 bks and multiple paycuts? But this latest idiocy has them retiring in droves....Which is exactly what the company wants..reduce that payroll.....hire people with no cust service experience and no travel experince....You want to go Tel Aviv Mr Jones?...Where is that?

Just wait until you HAVE to ACCESS CBT Courses

That;s another POS!

WTF is going on?

DOT ADDRESS?

My guess is that we are going to have to do required annual training on the hub at home sans pay. Heck, increased productivity and lower training costs. Maybe I shouldn't have said anything, some VP might just take credit and implement it.

My wish list is to switch back to Sabre. One can only keep on improving Qik/Shares in a futile effort to make it as goos as Sabre. It will never happen.

:rant:

Latest posts