Question about "labor expert"

Mrs. McFly

Advanced
May 21, 2008
So, what do you any of you know about Doug McKeen? This week in Paris, one of our APA representatives moderated a forum on airline management/labor relations and McKeen was a panelist. I have heard that he is not especially loved in the industry, and was just wondering your take on it.

I don't want to open old wounds, but am just curious.

Paris? What? Are you kidding me? This smells like the GSA in Las Vegas: Dirty and for a favored few.

APA guys hanging out in Paris while AA is preparing to cut pilot pay? Priorities, priorities. Maybe instead of sipping lates and brandys in Paris they could be making an effort to get their pilots a better bankruptcy contract. Perfect example of union corruption at it's finest.

I realize this is the US Airways forum not AA, but the ALPA guys are there too.

If I saw the TWU honchos hobnobbing it up on my dime (while my dime continues to shrink!) I would be beyond angry about it.

I never really thought of the Paris thing quite like that, but you are right in saying that APA reps should be here because at this point we need all of our boots on the ground so to speak.

Maybe the APA thinks this is a sealed deal and their work is done. Who knows?

There's a Douglas McKeen that is Senior VP of Labor Relations at UA, Prior to that he was at ASTAR Air Cargo, Eclat, US Airways, Organizational Concepts International, Northwest, and America West with all in some sort of labor relations capacity.

Jim

Doug was Sr VP at US before also, he was a consultant at ECLAT when we were in M&R Negotiations in chapter 11 part II, I have nothing to nice to say about him, we almost came to fight when I called him a liar and proved it, Hemenway had to step in between us.

He is a hired gun POS.

Oh well that's great, surprise surprise! Our beloved Doug wasting a bunch of money on overpaid execs to bash labor.

US Airways: We love to waste your money and it shows!
He is not talking about Doug Parker Douchebag . Really buddy , you need to get a life .

Doug was Sr VP at US before also, he was a consultant at ECLAT when we were in M&R Negotiations in chapter 11 part II, I have nothing to nice to say about him, we almost came to fight when I called him a liar and proved it, Hemenway had to step in between us.

He is a hired gun POS.
Thank you. This is kind of what I thought. It just struck me as odd that he was a panelist at this "Labor/Management relationship" forum being led by an APA rep.

http://www.ipaorg.it/attachments/417_GPS%20Paris.pdf

Looking over the linked material, it appears that all the forums had labor and managment representatives. Getting the prespectives of both sides of the table can be useful unless you're discussing only labor's viewpoint/methods/agenda.

Jim

I'm a little surprised that the APA guys would attend an event like this while their members are in such a dire situation with the bankruptcy. This has the makings of a PR mess all over it.

The world doesn't stop just because AA is in bankruptcy. While AA's bankruptcy is certainly an important part of APA's duties right now, an organization that doesn't have the people and ability to walk and chew gum at the same time won't last long...

Jim

Reactions: 1 person