Question for B767 Pilots

asuflyer

Oct 3, 2006
I'm a former first officer for a regional and the largest equipment that I have experience in is the old Fokker F-27
Needless to say, I don't have experience in the large transport aircraft. While traveling from San Juan PR on a B767, I noticed that the flaps had not been extended for takeoff on the taxi out for departure. From where I was seated, I couldn't tell if the leading edge devices had been deployed or not. This made me nervous, but obviously the takeoff continued without incident. Is this a normal procedure in the 76? Why would this technique be employed? I thought of the larger aircraft, only the F-100 was capable of a clean wing takeoff. Granted anything can takeoff clean winged as long as the runway is long enough and the tires can handle the speed required. Thanks to anyone who has info on this.

On the 767, flaps 1 is the normal takeoff setting.
When flaps 1 is selected the leading edge devices extend half way and the trailing edge devices remain stowed. Flaps 5 the TE devices extend to the selected position and beyond flaps 5 the LE devices extend to full.
Hope this helps.

On the 767, flaps 1 is the normal takeoff setting.
When flaps 1 is selected the leading edge devices extend half way and the trailing edge devices remain stowed. Flaps 5 the TE devices extend to the selected position and beyond flaps 5 the LE devices extend to full.
Hope this helps.
Thanks...I was just used to seeing the TE devices move every other time I was in a 76. I was expecting flaps 5 or so for Takeoff...Thanks for the info!

Back