Question for US Airways Gate Agents?

mullet

Apr 25, 2003
I am a pilot for another airline and when I jumpseat on Airways out to EWR or CLT, I usually list myself as non-rev via the 800 non rev number. Am I still supposed to do this prior to arriving at the gate? Jumpseated out of CLE and was told never to pre-list, if you do, you will need a paper ticket, just to show up at the gate. Is there an new procedure? Trying to stay informed. Thanks in advance

YOu can do it at the gate and it is not a problem, you just fill out the form and a gate agent builds you a JUMPSEAT PNR, since we moved to the Shares system all NR travel including JUMPSEATS have to be E TICKETED. It is a procedure that takes just a few min. Hope this helps...

I understand from a gate agent that if you list prior to this, it just helps the process a bit. They basically build you a listing so listing in advance is appreciated. I'm not a gate agent so I could be wrong.

It helps immensly if you are are pre-listerd-
time consuming to go thru the steps,oversold flts, wex delays prevent us from doing the listing.
It does not takes more then a few minutes if you can help the ga's out and do it.
Hope this helps you.
thanks!

Latest posts