Question to our Pilots....

We need to work together agreed. I believe the meeting of the Union leaders next week is an unprecedented first step in showing our solidarity in battling this common enemy. We are no longer, nor never should have been, each others enemy. It's what the MGT team wants. We have our differences for sure but they seem trivial in light of the days events. Our company was hijacked last September and it is in the process of being hijacked again by corporate terrorists. Our sacrifice is small compared to our Brothers and Sisters of 9/11 but it is still worth fighting for.

Now that we know we are about to enter a war, one in which we will probably lose, are the pilots and the mechanics going to find common ground, or is it everybody for themselves. I pose this not in the context of our unions, but in the context of our professionalism to our respective trades and our relationship to each other. This is not meant to alienate any other group, but we have been connected since someone first thought about machines that fly. We face everyone now, the government, the industry, the public and our competitors...

"Our company was hijacked last September and it is in the process of being hijacked again by corporate terrorists."

Well said.

We need solidarity. Strength in numbers.

"Our company was hijacked last September and it is in the process of being hijacked again by corporate terrorists.

Don't forget the political terrorists they're colluding with...the Bush administration.

Leave it to the politicans and corporate elite to pervert an otherwise (somewhat) noble effort at repairing some of the collateral damage of 911...I'm speaking of course of the ATSB. Is there no end to the corruption in our system? What happened to the good ole American values of fair play?

I suppose some see all these events as just that, silly me.

....to AAmerican...."united we stand..." comes from an old 60s tune...don't remeber the title

Oh, I like this...

You see, I told you. These clowns pulling the strings have consistently failed at everything they have tried to do for the past three years. Now they have gone and screwed up again by uniting all of the separate groups who actually do the work that makes this airline run.

My contention has always been that if you don’t fly the plane, or fix the plane, or take care of the passengers on the plane, or load the bags on the plane, or sell the tickets or schedule the flights or do any of the other vital jobs that make this whole thing happen then maybe we need to start taking a closer look at just exactly what it is that you DO do for this company. There appears to be a glut of “administering” going on here, and to no good end.

[:p] KC- You need to post this over at the US board....they need to be reminded who REALLY runs airlines....

Good luck to you UA....you're a proud bird! Hope my US sees you over on the otherside....[:sun:]

----------------
On 8/31/2002 1:02:47 AM

....to AAmerican...."united we stand..." comes from an old 60s tune...don't remeber the title

----------------

"United We Stand", by The Brotherhood of Man (British studio group), 1970.

...BUT...the phrase itself goes back MUCH further--all the way back to ol' Honest Abe at the start of the Civil War: "A house divided against itself cannot stand..."

...end of history and music trivia lesson, back to airline stuff...
[:bigsmile:]

And even old Abe was going back a lot further than that, to the New Testament: "And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand." (KJV, Mark 3:25 and similar passages in Matthew and Luke). Just so you know.