Questions For The Mda Negotiating Teams

All that I can say, is that I hope that they don't have the same IDIOTS at the table that sruck the Mainline Express deal for us. If so you may as well start looking for another job before you get the deal that we did. :down:

All that I can say, is that I hope that they don't have the same IDIOTS at the table that sruck the Mainline Express deal for us.

I think my IAM dues should pay for lawyers to negoiate my future not want- a- bees

unit4clt said:
The future has already been set for small stations. The IAM let mainline Jets to be worked by express and MDA agents. Bottomline is they have no idea on how to protect their members. But they do know how to protect the dues flow!!!

Go AGW
Dude,

CWA negotiated the same deal for customer service. IS that the IAM's fault, too?

Forgive me if this is a stupid question. But what do we the CWA have to negotiate? We've already under the treat of liquidation voted yes to admen our contract . It’s a done deal. Company can do as they please now.

I have another stupid question. Is it a legal negotiating tactic to announce a major office closer (MCO RES) at the time of a vote, and counsel members affected that if the vote turns out “noâ€￾ they loose their furlough packages. Of 450 agents affected by the closure only about 50 stayed with the company, the other 400 had to vote yes to survive. The vote was decided by 5 votes. If there is any negotiating still going on can the CWA challenge this?

I was under the impression that a new scale for MDA cities would be negotiated and that was not Mainline Express rates, but since I have YET to receive my new copy of the contract, that I thought we were also to receive after the vote, I cant check it out.
Anyone else know if and when we are going to get new contracts since our old ones are basically worthless now with the changes?

Yes, the CWA did do their membership the same injustice that the IAM did for us.
What would persuade any union leadership to agree to $13 an hour is beyond me.
Especially when there are sevral non-union Express carriers paying more. Remember that the $13 is top out for us, and it only increases to the $14 mark in
2008!!!! The Union leadership had to know that 1/2 the stations would fall under the
Express Classification in the near future. In another post Pinney Bob said, "$13 is not poverty level". Well if you are trying to support a family and you qualify for
Food Stamps, Free School Lunches and reduced energy bills. that is poverty level to me. It burns me to think that I have paid dues for this type of "Protection" from the dear old IAM. Maybe they can give me some reduced dues for this terrific wage that they got for me. I do realize that the Company wanted to pay the smaller stations less, but if the union would have fought to get us in the $16 ballpark it would have been realistic. :down:

Anybody lead me to a revised copy of the IAM F/S contract as I havent got one yet
has anybody gotten one or is it going to change again?

So why would the iam present a tentative consessionary contract to the rank and file knowing that the language for the unborn MDA employees was not complete? Why would we send them back to the table again?
what were these reps names again?

PITbull said:
TWice,

When I speak to $6.67 hourly that is ranmp starting on MAA. For f/as start is $13.01 (20 hr work week average) is the same as working $6.50.

This is appealable. Like I said, info PIT President has can not be public.
No one is asking the Pit Pres or any other for "confidential" information. I believe the Pit Pres knows a lot about unemployment and that is public info. Many would not know this. Therefore, I think that the f/a union should protect it's member's by giving them "public" information to help them with an awful situation.