Railroad Union Strike Threat Kneecapped by Biden

I can tell you the dissatisfaction on the UNION side is mostly the result of the UNION trying to convince you that your a victim. It's how they manipulate you and stay in power. I'm just sorry you can't see it for what it really is.
100%.

The AFA steers clear of this mindset, and offer up a representation as empowerment model that a lot of people want to help build.

The 2nd the IAM figures this out, they win at DL. No question.

Actually my first experience with American Airlines was not with the UNION.

My first experience was working at Triad in Tulsa auditing tickets to make sure no fare rules were violated.

Unfortunately Air Canada took over Canadian Airlines (who American Airlines was providing accounting services for) putting everyone out of a job.

I was very impress with American Airlines while working at Triad. That is why I decided to apply for a UNION job, so I could stay with the company.

Interesting fact, the merger was backed by American Airlines, who owned 25% stake in Canadian Airlines, which I am sure had something to do with why American Airlines was providing accounting services............

At any rate I liked working at American Airlines..... the UNION cured me of that.

I've had the benefit of working both sides of the fence WeAAsles. I can tell you the dissatisfaction on the UNION side is mostly the result of the UNION trying to convince you that your a victim. It's how they manipulate you and stay in power. I'm just sorry you can't see it for what it really is.

You are right about one thing. I did get burned from the experience. Like Sam and Debbie cutting an under the table deal. Like the international turning a blind eye to it. Like my coworkers trying to talk me into voting for a concessionary contract against my own interest because they thought they were going to get an early out. The membership talks of UNION brotherhood until they think they have an opportunity to benefit then it's every man for himself. I offer Junior Fleet Service and B scale pay as proof. The UNION is hypocritical, and not just the leadership.

Stab you in the back one day and call you a UNION brother the next. That is the TWU way. I know, I have seen it MANY times.

Are you going to sit there an honestly say you have not seen the same thing during your career?

Dude I have zero clue what you’re talking about. My Union and no one that I can think of for that matter has ever tried to convince me that I was a victim. And you don’t even know one person in the TWU today. All they are is a collection of guys. Frankly many of them are friends of mine now having been active over the years. Look man sometimes on here you can be a real jagoff so I’m a jagoff in return to you but I’m sorry you have your experience. Mine is coming up on 28 years now. Damn glad about my Union, My Job, My Contract, My Compensation, My Benefits, Where I live and so far even my health is ok.

I’m also sorry that every so often you have to pop back on here and relive your grievances. My past wasn’t that bad and any bad parts I moved on from years ago.

100%.

The AFA steers clear of this mindset, and offer up a representation as empowerment model that a lot of people want to help build.

The 2nd the IAM figures this out, they win at DL. No question.

Frankly no Union is ever going to take Delta. I won’t say that on Facebook because it’s up to them if they want to keep trying and spinning their wheels. For the most part Delta treats you fantastic. Yea a few hiccups here and there like your medical and pension offsets and yes that paycut in 2020. But over time with your Profit Sharing Delta will pay that back to you and then some. Damn good Company even if you don’t have that employment agreement insurance plan.

The AFA is Sara Nelson. Without Sara they have no mojo and no one would pay any attention to them except for when they want to make a stir at a carrier during contract negotiations. That’s a fact.

As for the IAM even your boy Tim Nelson likes this guy Steven Johnson. He seems very enthusiastic but even he isn’t going to gain that Delta grand prize. TWU right now seems to be smart enough not even to touch that with a 10 foot poll. I’m sure they would like I said if the AW Agents put in the effort. So far they haven’t lifted a pinky though. And they aren’t going to do it the way you want anyway which is for them to do all the heavy lifting while they (or you) sit on your duff.

BTW don’t respond. I like it better that way since all you ever contribute is gobbley gook anyway.

You don’t like it when I respond because it reminds you that deep down you’re still that scared box boy from Long Island grateful that any other company gave you the time of day. You talk a lot, but you’re institutionalized.

Don’t feel bad; aviation is lousy with guys that think like you do.

Have a nice night. Go spin some records; it’ll do you some good.

You don’t like it when I respond because it reminds you that deep down you’re still that scared box boy from Long Island grateful that any other company gave you the time of day. You talk a lot, but you’re institutionalized.

Boy you get upset so easy when I remind you that you do nothing nothing nothing when it comes to try and organize. I hope you’re not as angry around B and the kids like that?

Box boy from Long Island? Are you sure you got the right person? Very weird try at a rank bro. Zero clue even what that meant.

Hey look Kev seriously a BIG congratulations on your 5%. The Industry wasn’t originally forecast to return to profitability until 2024 so that payout is amazing. You blew away UAL Ramp at 0.8%. Guaranteed Delta will make some posters for that one to keep you tucking in your shirts and polishing those shoes to a fine shine.

Good night to you too. Try to stay warm, 😂 Brrrr

Ok don’t know what a box boy is and I never lived in Long Island. Maybe that cold 🥶 weather up there is freezing your brain.

Yea it has to be the Weather. If I lived up there I’d probably be a pissed off little fellow too. Big difference between these two places I must say. Madison and Ft Lauderdale. 😊 🌞

ADA61760-CA20-49F0-873A-963EABABCF89.jpegE7EB24E4-118C-4883-905A-BCFD8400C19C.jpeg

Dude I have zero clue what you’re talking about. My Union and no one that I can think of for that matter has ever tried to convince me that I was a victim.
Then you must live under a rock.

My wife's family is third generation American Airlines/TWU and it's been the same song and dance throughout the generations.

"The company is abusing you because they are not paying you what you are worth".

Sound familiar?

I know everybody in this board has heard that 100 times.

Rinse and repeat.

All they are is a collection of guys.
Many "collection of guys" have committed a lot of crime.

Frankly many of them are friends of mine now having been active over the years.
Doing what exactly? Soaking up air conditioning at the UNION office on official "UNION business"?

Look man sometimes on here you can be a real jagoff so I’m a jagoff in return to you but I’m sorry you have your experience.
That is not on purpose. You and I just have very different ideals.

Mine is coming up on 28 years now. Damn glad about my Union, My Job, My Contract, My Compensation, My Benefits, Where I live and so far even my health is ok.
I am glad things are working out for you. Truly.

I’m also sorry that every so often you have to pop back on here and relive your grievances. My past wasn’t that bad and any bad parts I moved on from years ago.
I know you don't believe this but I was ready to move on to another career anyway. That is why I had so much schooling done by the time I took the early out layoff (not to be confused with early out retirement). The only difference getting let go made to me is I was out of there in 1 month (due to early out it could have been 2) instead of 5 (when I was going to leave regardless). I took the layoff in November because they allowed people to leave early and I wanted to focus on school. I could have worked until December. Between severance and unemployment it honestly didn't matter. I did just fine and felt no financial discomfort. I have no issue with American Airlines. They gave me flexibility to leave early and honored their severance obligations. They didn't even fight unemployment.

My issue is being done dirty by a UNION I PAID to represent me. By a president, a Fleet Service Clerk nonetheless, encouraging people to accept a concessionary contract. By a layoff that affected every single Fleet Service Clerk on that base and at the airport.... except the 2 UNION officers. By Dallas sending people over here not to right the wrong performed by those officers but to act as damage control and sweep it under the rug.

I paid for representation and I certainly don't feel I got that being stabbed in the back and then having the UNION turn a blind eye to it.

You say I relive it. I say the UNION officers cutting under the table deals to benefit them at the expense of the membership is still going on. Let's be honest here, TWU has a history. None of that will change until the UNION culture changes among the membership and it hasn't

There were over 100 career clerks those shop closures affected that were similarly stabbed in the back by the TWU. Those people never got and never will get justice. I want to make damn sure nobody forgets it. That is why I keep bringing it up.

I'm glad things are working out for you, but don't trust the TWU. If a fellow Fleet Service Clerk sold out over 100 peers to save his ass only to have the international turn a blind eye to it they are certainly not beyond sticking it to you if it benefits them. I hope you don't have any negative impacts.

You should never trust the leadership of any entity to look out for your best interest when they insulate themselves from the consequences of the "representation" they offer you.

That is the flaw with TWU/Association.

Last edited:

Let me ask you WeAAsles, what would you do if you did not work for American Airlines?

Do you have a degree?

Any specialized training?

A trade?

A side business that you can convert to full time?

I am not digging at you. I don't even expect an answer. That is a serious question you should consider however.

I ask because many people go into financial ruin after losing an airline job. They simply have no way to earn what they were earning before. I hope you don't lose your job but you better seriously consider what I say, always have a plan B. It really sucks going from top out pay to making NOTHING because nothing you do working for an airline demands like compensation from other employers.

It must doubly suck to be on the street because your own UNION, who you pay to represent you, stabbed you in the back.

If you have nothing going on outside of the airline I HIGHLY suggest you consider alternatives in case the unfortunate happens.

Even if you keep your job having no alternatives can heavily impact your life. Just ask the TWA guys commuting back and forth to keep their job, if there are any left. I bet every one of them wishes they had an alternative.

I know. You have HIGH enough seniority, you don't have to worry about that right? Well so did the employees of TWA. I worked with a guy that had 40 years at TWA. He got crap days off on a crap shift with his 4/10 seniority. He was fortunate to even get to stay in Tulsa, that is until the membership voted on a concessionary contract..... being pushed by his own UNION, and did away with any hope of him remaining in Tulsa.

I hope that does not happen to you, but it could. It could happen to any of us.

It's not worth your time. The TWU at AA is a cult. Members like Weasy need to convince themselves they've got a great deal going, because otherwise they would realize they invested 20 plus years of their life in a Ponzi scheme.

• Haha
Reactions: WeAAsles
It's not worth your time. The TWU at AA is a cult. Members like Weasy need to convince themselves they've got a great deal going, because otherwise they would realize they invested 20 plus years of their life in a Ponzi scheme.

Over $1Mil in 401K, Almost 1K per month Pension, Almost 100K in Checking and Savings, Condo worth $175K Today, Small Station, Sat Sun off, Warm 🌞 Weather year round. And still planning on adding to all that for a few more years. Man I’ve really gotten a raw deal out of it. 😃

Anyway all I ever needed was some good tunes and I’m cool. 😎 🏄‍♂️

Yeah, and I know people who are millionaires off of Amway. It's still a Ponzi scheme.

Reactions: Kev3188