ralphcramden within days of new bombshell

ralphcramden

Nov 16, 2006
brooklyn
“To know the present, talk to the pundits. To know the future, talk to the bankers.â€

That bit of erudition will serve well those sad loyalists who continue to grasp at the fading hope of a miraculous, extra-innings Delta “Plan of Recovery.†For those curious as to its origin, it is the inspiration of noted aviation observer Mr. ralphcramden.

The abovementioned individual has had a profound effect on public discussion of the mislabeled US Airways-Delta “merger,†concurrent with his merciful reinvigoration of an obscure and pointless web board populated by aviation “enthusiasts.â€

Let us now review the fortnight’s events:

1.) US Airways Chairman Doug Parker declares his intention to purchase struggling Delta Air Lines and “merge†it with US Airways. The talented Mr. Parker does so with a straight face.

2.) A flatlining “message board†devoted to struggling Delta Air Lines springs to life, as all manner of panicked Georgians seek comfort in one anothers’ company.

3.) Mr. ralphcramden explains that the leaders of Southwest, AirTran, United and other airline companies will be bidding on certain assets of the struggling, Hapeville-based colossus.

4.) Southwest declares its intentions.

5.) AirTran declares its intentions.

6.) Mr. ralphcramden explains what the bankers and airlines are really up to.

This leads us to the present. Tonight, Mr. ralphcramden can reiterate that a new, mystery bidder for certain assets can be expected. Mr. ralphcramden has been told who this is by his secret sources, but cannot tonight divulge this information. This bombshell will remain embargoed for the next several days, as the rather intensive discussions with said bidder have not reached their final stage.

Mr. ralphcramden can promise you this, dear reader.. It ain’t no ordinary airline, and Peachtree City will never be the same.

As we end tonight’s tutorial, a brief question for the class. Have Mr. ralphcramden’s sources been wrong about anything yet?

Regards,

ralphcramden

Ralphcramden,

I sit here, with a broad smile on my "puss", as I answer your question....."your been very accurate" !!

And in the words of the former Mr. Ralph Cramden;

"AND AWAY WE GO" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :up: :up: :up:

NH/BB's

PS,

Ralph. Is It Branson ????????

World...er...Ralph. How many aliases do you have? Every one speaks just like WT and everyone pops up when WT goes down.

Ralphcramden,

I sit here, with a broad smile on my "puss", as I answer your question....."your been very accurate" !!

And in the words of the former Mr. Ralph Cramden;

"AND AWAY WE GO" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :up: :up: :up:
NH/BB's

PS,

Ralph. Is It Branson ????????

Does Branson even have approval to start operating?

"Rightly or wrongly"......."for better or worse", ANYWAY you want to put it......DL is IN the middle of the RING(like a big game of dodge ball)

In other words.....they're "IN PLAY"

The Valient attempt that DL was/is making(all the JFK action) "may" prove to be their "undoing"
(In other words they made themselves too "healthy looking", all the while in Bankruptcy, which "can be" a DANGEROUS place to be in, when you can NOT totally control your own destiny).
Case in point, AA who was not in BK some 15 years ago, had to "ward off" a real "heavy hitter" in Donald Trump. Who knows what might have happened in that case, if AA HAD been in BK ??

I'm not sure what AA did, but something was done back then to insure that they would NEVER have to worry about a "takeover" ever again.

Bottom line, it comes down to GREAT management. AA had bob CRANDALL...........Enough said !!!!!!!!!!!!

NH/BB's

“To know the present, talk to the pundits. To know the future, talk to the bankers.â€

That bit of erudition will serve well those sad loyalists who continue to grasp at the fading hope of a miraculous, extra-innings Delta “Plan of Recovery.†For those curious as to its origin, it is the inspiration of noted aviation observer Mr. ralphcramden.

The abovementioned individual has had a profound effect on public discussion of the mislabeled US Airways-Delta “merger,†concurrent with his merciful reinvigoration of an obscure and pointless web board populated by aviation “enthusiasts.â€

Let us now review the fortnight’s events:

1.) US Airways Chairman Doug Parker declares his intention to purchase struggling Delta Air Lines and “merge†it with US Airways. The talented Mr. Parker does so with a straight face.

2.) A flatlining “message board†devoted to struggling Delta Air Lines springs to life, as all manner of panicked Georgians seek comfort in one anothers’ company.

3.) Mr. ralphcramden explains that the leaders of Southwest, AirTran, United and other airline companies will be bidding on certain assets of the struggling, Hapeville-based colossus.

4.) Southwest declares its intentions.

5.) AirTran declares its intentions.

6.) Mr. ralphcramden explains what the bankers and airlines are really up to.

This leads us to the present. Tonight, Mr. ralphcramden can reiterate that a new, mystery bidder for certain assets can be expected. Mr. ralphcramden has been told who this is by his secret sources, but cannot tonight divulge this information. This bombshell will remain embargoed for the next several days, as the rather intensive discussions with said bidder have not reached their final stage.

Mr. ralphcramden can promise you this, dear reader.. It ain’t no ordinary airline, and Peachtree City will never be the same.

As we end tonight’s tutorial, a brief question for the class. Have Mr. ralphcramden’s sources been wrong about anything yet?
Regards,(Dead giveaway US320Pilot)

ralphcramden
UCT / ICT :eek:

Having a mostly non-union work force makes them attractive as well

Especially when no company wants a unionized work force. I see this attempt by U to be a possible union busting move. Strictly oppinion on my part at this point.

Back