ralphcramden electrifies US Aviation.com with latest blockbuster

ralphcramden

Nov 16, 2006
brooklyn
Virgin Abstains

As aficionados of US Aviation.com’s highly readable Delta Air Lines message board are aware, Mr. ralphcramden’s investment banking contacts have served him well during the continuing discussion of US Airway’s audacious proposal to “merge†with struggling Delta Air Lines.

Mr. ralphcramden has previously identified Southwest Airlines, AirTran, and United Airlines as enthusiastic partners in Mr. Doug Parker’s plan to purchase the ill-fated, Hapeville-based trunk carrier.

In recent days the DAL forum has been rife with speculation that the brilliant Sir Richard Branson, acting through Charge d’Affair Fred Reid, wants in on the action. Members of the legendary “Delta family†well remember Mr. Reed for his tenure as President of the struggling company. Mr. Reed’s intimate knowledge of Delta’s predicament led him to disagree with such knowledgeable observers as luv2fly, Vikedog64 (sic), and “Abe.†He no doubt conducted due diligence on their enthusiastic DAL forum posts, whereupon he wisely voted with his feet.

Mr. ralphcramden’s sources are not aware of any substantive discussions between US Airways and Virgin America “at this time.â€

Blue Tuesday

Tonight, Mr. ralphcramden can reveal that two of his favorite Wall Street personages have identified JetBlue Airlines, led by the dashing Mr. David Neeleman, as an eager swain at this mixer. Mr. Neeleman, a man of deep moral commitment, has apparently overcome his initial grief over the plaintive forum wails of aggrieved DAL family members who want no part of this fandango. He wants in, and in a big way.

Mr. ralphcramden has precisely forecast every step of Mr. Doug Parker’s gallant bid for immortality. Loyal readers of Mr. ralphcramden will recall that while the DAL forum was abuzz with fanciful blurbs about imaginary anti-trust “issues,†he accurately described the LCC plan as welcoming of bids for pieces of the dying elephant. He then identified every one of the major players involved in the process.

The multiple bids will create a relative bonanza for creditors, and will allow Mr. Doug Parker to “downsize†DAL before he buys it. Political and anti-trust objections will be effectively neutralized before they can gain a toehold.

Mr. ralphcramden will continue to monitor events in order to provide his loyal readers with the latest industry developments. This story is just beginning.

Regards,

ralphcramden

P.S. Great kudos to aviation hobbyist luv2fly, who along with Marketwatch reporter Padraic Cassidy and Mr. Neeleman himself, beat Mr. ralphcramden to the punch at 10:13am on the Delta Air Lines forum thread entitled, “And ralphcramden’s announcement is…….â€. Mr. ralphcramden is happy to give credit where it is due. There will be enough twists and turns in this story to go around. rc

I, for one, appreciate your satirical piece, Mr. "The Great One". Keep'em coming.

I heard that the Holiday Inn North (Virginia Ave division) and Red Roof Inn (also of Virginia Ave) are interested in acquiring the Delta HQ/Campus should this merger occur.

For their premium guests they will offer free breakfast at the speedline cafeteria and instead of wireless internet, will offer 15 minute rides in the 777 Sim.

Please send your bank tellers out and find out if these rumors are true :D

Abe

Wait...what? You (WT) "predicted" that Neelman would express interest at 8pm even though he did so (and unsurprisingly...who didn't see that one coming) at 4pm? Or was this in another thread. If not, I'd say your "prediction" machine is running a little late. If you did "predict" that B6 would make a comment that they would be interested in LGA/DCA slots...to that I say "no kidding". Who wouldn't have seen that one?

I'm so glad that you (ralph) picked up right when WT went away. Sure is a shocker and makes me wonder who you are.

Mr. ralphcramden has precisely forecast every step of Mr. Doug Parker’s gallant bid for immortality. Loyal readers of Mr. ralphcramden will recall that while the DAL forum was abuzz with fanciful blurbs about imaginary anti-trust “issues,â€￾ he accurately described the LCC plan as welcoming of bids for pieces of the dying elephant. He then identified every one of the major players involved in the process.

The multiple bids will create a relative bonanza for creditors, and will allow Mr. Doug Parker to “downsizeâ€￾ DAL before he buys it. Political and anti-trust objections will be effectively neutralized before they can gain a toehold.

Hey Ralphie-boy!

As a fellow "bus driver" in the capital of the world, I mostly agree with what you are saying. I've been posting similar thoughts about Delta's fate (sliced into easily digestible pieces) since July. And I've been met with disdain and guffaws.

But, day by day, it appears that we will soon be vindicated. Parker wanted to do this for quite a while. Once he posted that startling 2nd quarter profit, the "money" took note and came bearing buckets of cash. $4 billion from Citicorp was all it took for the industry to sharpen its carving blades. Now it seems just about every carriers wants in on the action. Virtually no one beyond metropolitan Atlanta wants to see Delta emerge intact.

See ya on the Madison Avenue run, Ralphie-boy.