Rand Paul Detained by TSA

delldude

Veteran
Oct 29, 2002
Downrange
www.youtube.com
Breaking..........

On the list of stupid things the Transportation Security Administration could do for their public image: detaining Senator Rand Paul, the politician most anxious to abolish them is probably right near the top.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/breaking-rand-paul-has-been-detained-by-the-tsa-at-nashville-airport-2012-1#ixzz1kIOJTHGD

This should be interesting to say the least.

Update:

Kelly O'Donnell is reporting that aides say Paul was detained when he refused a full-body pat-down, after the scanner went off. Paul lifted his pant-leg to show he had no metal, and asked to be re-screened. He was denied this request.

ron-paul-tweet.png

Interesting..

The U.S. Constitution actually protects federal lawmakers from detention while they’re on the way to the Capital.

“The Senators and Representatives…shall in all Cases, except Treason, Felony and Breach of the Peace, be privileged from Arrest during their Attendance at the Session of their respective Houses, and in going to and returning from the same….” according to Article I, Section 6.

The Senate is back in session today at 2 p.m., with votes scheduled at 4:30 p.m.

No news here. Just a Drama Queen at Airport Security.

On the other hand I was detained by four red lights on my way back from lunch.

No news here. Just a Drama Queen at Airport Security.

On the other hand I was detained by four red lights on my way back from lunch.

Dog,...........Did you say a "4 Martini Lunch"........or 4 Red-Lights Lunch ?
(sorry, I can't find my reading glasses, which these days are most necessary) :blush:

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

To Date, the TSA has not caught ONE terrorist at an airport security checkpoint. Since its inception it has searched millions of people, trampling their civil liberties in the process.

The TSA is a scar upon not only the land but to Liberty itself.

This is what happens when you elect people with no respect for Individual Liberty. The incompetence of the TSA makes us less safe and less free.

TSA is a SCAR upon Liberty and on the United States and is absolutely useless.

Face it, worm food or not, Osama Bin Laden won. 11 years after 9/11 and we're still afraid of the Twerrowist Bogeyman. FISA Courts, Patriot Act, DHS, TSA all in response to one man's ranting. 19 people under the direction of Osama bin-Laden succeeded at something Hitler, Stalin, Po; Pot, Hirohito, Mussolini and other failed at for over 200 years. He convinced us to trade our Liberty for security and now we have neither.

We're less free and less safe which were his goals. Doesn't matter the specific incident as in a free society an abomination like TSA shouldn't even exist.

Sen. Paul is NOT striking a blow or taking a stand to protect your freedom and personal liberty. Sen. Paul is just like all the other members of Congress who think they are exempt from the laws they impose on the rest of us. Sen. Paul thinks he is entirely too important to have to follow the rules like the rest of us.

Face it, worm food or not, Osama Bin Laden won. 11 years after 9/11 and we're still afraid of the Twerrowist Bogeyman.

Three to five minutes on each side of the scanner (once you reach the tub stack) multiplied times approximately 62,000 times a month. Of course there are many other ancillary costs I did not mention here.

Sen. Paul is NOT striking a blow or taking a stand to protect your freedom and personal liberty. Sen. Paul is just like all the other members of Congress who think they are exempt from the laws they impose on the rest of us. Sen. Paul thinks he is entirely too important to have to follow the rules like the rest of us.

Duh....Jim....which one we attacking?

And these allegations can be sourced?

Latest posts

Back