RDM''s Advanced Water Egress Training

Mar 9, 2003
So here''s the deal. I figured with the moderator thingy they''d give me an astute, senior and experienced. look-up-to type of person. But.... It appears that RDM is now "Da Sherriff."

Being an old tired, crippled and contankerous engineer, somewhere along the line, I''m going to pee in his porridge.

My thought is, given the amount of water he has to tolerate, "down dere", his "breaking point" may be reached with even a lessor amount of aggravation. So with that thought in mind, here''s what I''ve come up with. Bear in mind that this has NOTHING to do with RDM''s Low C of G. Rather, a dry and content moderator will never turn into a mood-erator!

I figured in might be a good idea to come up with something to ensure he stays dry, and if the water level keeps rising, he could maybe, start the RDM School of Survival.

So far, I have EA-1, Inflatable raft, (It''s one of those really neat ones from Canadian Tire with the rubber duckies on it - one set of "water wings", (don''t fit my young feller anymore but ya never know - they might come in handy), - one box of "Bob the Builder" Band-aids and a half a box of "Blue''s Clues" - and half a container of "Matured" JeuJeubs (left over from Halloween last year. - Just in case he get adrift in the raft) I also have one of those little orange flags off the young fellers bike, helps to see him if he goes adrift - and a Scoopy Doo hat to keep his head warm. I''m still lookin for a pair of those leather mitts (called "skin shucks" in Newfie Land)with the stings on them.

Anybody else want to throw something in and stay on his "good side"?

For those rare cases of night ditching and the need for a search and rescue in the dark.........Was going to offer up half a pack of sparklers from last yrs B-day cake.... but ya need matches or a lighter for them... and RDM''s not allowed to play with them...
How about a couple of old glow sticks from the dollar store? They come in pretty pink''s and everyting!!!

Whirlygirl:

Good point, the match thingy! I do like the glowstick idea.

However, I''d steer clear of the little pink ones! Ya see that shirt that CTD''s wearing in the Funny Photos? What was his boasting expression? "Handsome cutter in the PINK shirt"? or something like that?

Naw, better look at something in a colour a little less threatening to CTD! Blue maybe??

Bullet.....he will need something to drink, wouldn''t want the little bugger to dry up now would we. Might I suggest his favorite beverage, REV, yes that''s right, REV , fruit cooler built for the athletic types . RDM is "athletic", so much that he is now as wide as he is tall, 4 foot 9. I''ll buy a couple of bottles next trip to the licker store.

So, when he does get his leg over and into that rubber dingy he''ll need some rations. How about some cod jiggin tackle so he can feed hiself?(yep, Ise nose I can''t speell)
He must know how to jig ! You give a man a fish he can feed himself but teach RDM how to fish and he can feed the whole crew..Nah,won''t werk no fish on the rock
anymore unless they''re froze in the hice...
Oh well, guess he''ll have to eat raw kraft dinner (like the old Lab Air days)

Thinking back along the theme of some kind of signaling device.... for day time rescue a mirror of some nature would be useful.. But RDM might just get too distracted admiring himself in it... or it could break.. then he''d have 7 moore yrs of bad luck
BUT... what better to bring along than your own personal multi purpose signaling device... CTD... he seem to have a penchant for PINK so we could rig up some kind of shirt that has a bunch of "pretty pink" glow sticks on it so he''s be well seen at night... and during the day just let his nice shiney hairdoo do it''s job... with the glare coming off that dome.. the SAR boys are sure to find you.
6.gif
might even have to advise the need of sunglasses!!