Dear Vice President Garton

At JFK, there is a manpower shortage. There is alot of OT, especially going on midnights where the bulk of the work gets done. Even with the OT, there is too much work to address all the issues.
As for parts, that is another story. Years ago, most parts were stocked and it was rare the stockroom did NOT have what you needed. Then, as in every other aspect of the company cost cutting mission, many parts were removed from stockrooms and the overall inventory was greatly reduced. I believe this was based on the fact that the larger your parts inventory, naturally the more it costs to maintain it, but there is a TAX issue on the parts because they are also assets.
If there are some financial people here, maybe you can shed light on it.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Hopeful,

Thanx for your input, on my question.

Does anyone else have specific knowlege (pro or con), as it pertains to "crummy a/c", on the "high end" ($$$) JFL/LHR..........JFK/LAX flights ??

Thanx,

NH/BB's

Ps,

I DEFINITELY "hear you" LGA fleet service, about the "so called" cleaning NOT being done in LGA, but I was wondering if tip top cleaning WAS being done on JFK-LAX/LHR ??

Got another good one for you.

In the never ending quest to avoid delays passenger service decided to skip cleaning a late arriving 737 last night.

Imagine my suprise to hear the crew chief on that gate advising the CSM on duty that 'Passenger Service was already boarding' less than ten minutes after the aircraft had blocked in.He had been calling for additional help, seeing as the ramp managers manning scheme didn't factor in late arriving equipment.

Never mind this aircraft was arriving from and turning back out to MIA, we have to board and depart immediately...:blink:

"Never mind the full airsickness bags in the seatback, we have to board!!"

"Never mind the diapers stuffed into the lavs, we have to board!!"

'We know why you fly' my ass...

You know what else is a neat trick? There are no manpower/loading delays here...everything is the almighty ATC/Construction codes.

I get fired if I falsify company documentation, how does local management and/or ramp control get away with out right lying as far as delay codes go?

In the never ending quest to avoid delays passenger service decided to skip cleaning a late arriving 737 last night.

Imagine my suprise to hear the crew chief on that gate advising the CSM on duty that 'Passenger Service was already boarding' less than ten minutes after the aircraft had blocked in.He had been calling for additional help, seeing as the ramp managers manning scheme didn't factor in late arriving equipment.

Never mind this aircraft was arriving from and turning back out to MIA, we have to board and depart immediately...:blink:

You know what else is a neat trick? There are no manpower/loading delays here...everything is the almighty ATC/Construction codes.

I get fired if I falsify company documentation, how does local management and/or ramp control get away with out right lying as far as delay codes go?
Ahhhhhh LGA FSC, like they tell us here in TUL, "You don't see the BIG PICTURE"

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

LGA,

If the Capt. "had a PAIR", he should/could have "inspected" the A/C for FILTH, and refused CS to board HIS ship, all the while, advising the CSM on duty, that this trip WAS NOT departing to MIA, until it WAS cleaned !!!!!!

NH/BB's

The bottom line is AA is still in the hole for over $$17 billon, now that the exec.s have received their gravy. DFWHQ will quickly return to the " we're going broke " mantra, as soon as the summer passeneger levels, and fueling prices peak.

So beware, things will get uglier soon enough, again.

As far as the passengers are concerned, they have no loyalty, except to the internet for cheap pricing. I wouldn't be too concerned, they'll keep coming back if the prices are low.

Safety is # 1,

Inflight, let the passengers bring their own food onboard, they're happier that way. Do away with those inflight meal sales in main cabin. Bread and water for F/C.

Everyone has an Ipod, or computer onboard anyway. Remove all the high tech stuff onboard, and pass the savings to the passengers in pricing, they'll just keep on coming back for more punishment.

More please................

All it takes at DFW on delay codes is a cloud in the sky and the delay goes to weather.

Latest posts