recall list (furloughed)

flyguy121,
Well my letter was A Possibility Recall letter and it said that if it was not returned I would be removed from the the list.

XO,

I know what the letter says as I have received the same letter as you...and what I am telling you is that since those letters were sent to the remaining 1493 names on the list after the initial 200, I have spoken to several AFA Spokespersons who have told me personally that only those that did not respond out of the top 200 OFFICIAL RECALLS would be removed from the list, and that the rest would remain on the List, even if a Form is not returned. I know this is contradictory to what the Letter that we received stated, but as you know from US history, misinformation is often put out, information is subject to change and many times statements have been recanted.

My point in that post above was to express that the 43 INVOLS that accepted LGA recall added to the overall "overage" of f/as last year. The company was willing to carry 50 extra f/as in order decrease the anxiety of displacing last year to LGA.

Doug Parker and gang don't have any ear for the union. And Jerry is railroading the current MECP. The INVOL list should be paid close attention and scrutiny to make sure the company is not trying to establish a new practice or circumventing what is written.

TX was the MECP back than, and Jerry, Bruce Lakefield, and Labor relations Sherry Hendry wanted to keep her calm and out of the media as they were working on their retention bonus motions for the judge and the creditors.

Teddy took advantage of the co. preoccupation with investors, merger, and BK, and gave back to the union more medical coverage at active employee rate than what was ratified as well as recalling off the INVOL list to shut her up about displacement costs for f/as in PHL who had already been displaced twice before.

There are actually f/a's who received letters who names are NOT on the list. Either the company has a different list than what is on the hub or they are just sending them to people on the old list from when we first got furloughed..If they are doing that than I think they are doing whatever they feel like doing(like BOS new RON)

Contacting f/as who are on an old list? What old list?

There was only 1 recall and that was last year. All the f/as who did not respond to that recall still remain on the only one INVOL list there is. If you have different information, you need to contact your lecp or the MEC.

Contacting f/as who are not on the "list"?
The list on the hub..is this the most recent and correct list? Is there another list the company has? Because there is a couple people who are NOT on the list that is posted on the hub that received letters. So, how did this happen? Actually one is senior to me. He passed...but..if he is not on the list why did he receive a letter?

If the f/as is senior to you and passed, he still REMAINS on the INVOL list because he was INVOL. furloughed. If he received a letter, than he was contacted as should be. If his name does not appear on the INVOL list, he needs to contact the company and find out why his name is not on the INVOL list. And in the future, he should be recalled again and again, until the co. is in inverse seniority on that list.

So, is there a INVOL list and a seniority list? I went to hand in my ID the other day and my supervisor pulled up my name to look at my seniority for recall and then there was another person right below me that I know is gone and her name was there too..but when you go on the hub under system seniority list..she is not there. So, there has to be two different lists.

XO,

I know what the letter says as I have received the same letter as you...and what I am telling you is that since those letters were sent to the remaining 1493 names on the list after the initial 200, I have spoken to several AFA Spokespersons who have told me personally that only those that did not respond out of the top 200 OFFICIAL RECALLS would be removed from the list, and that the rest would remain on the List, even if a Form is not returned. I know this is contradictory to what the Letter that we received stated, but as you know from US history, misinformation is often put out, information is subject to change and many times statements have been recanted.

If that is the case, then AFA better get it in writing from the company. Be that as it may, AFA specifically said, in an e-line, that not responding to the notice of possible recall would result in a resignation. That's what is in writing and that is what I go by. I turned in my response, but right is right. The company is wrong and AFA needs to get this issue resolved. When our prez sends out a notice saying its a resignation if you don't respond... even when the contract says otherwise... well, I've got a real problem with that.

This is the letter that Mike sent out. He makes no distinction between 200 recall letters and the possible recall letters. He say EVERYONE must return the form or be removed from the list.

If people have contacted the union expressing concerns about being removed from the list if they did not return the possible recall form then they should have put out an e-line explaining the details further.

Otherwise, people like me, will assume that the union is letting the company do what they want regardless of what the contract says.

JUNE 2006 RECALL - LETTERS AND FORMS
Accessing The Hub
AFA Local Numbers
Dear Sara,

JUNE RECALL-LETTERS AND FORMS

The Company has formally announced a recall of involuntary furloughed US Airways Flight Attendants effective June 1, 2006. Previously, via a CBS message and a press release, the Company had announced a recall of 400 Flight Attendants to occur in June and August. At this time the Company has told AFA they will be recalling 200 Flight Attendants for June and an additional 80 Flight Attendants effective August 1, 2006. According to Mike Finn, Director of Crew Resources, the reason for the change was driven by marketing. Due to block hour projections he has told AFA the Company is planning to recall 230 Flight Attendants in December. Increased aircraft utilization and the introduction of the first two of twenty five Embraer 190 mainline jets scheduled to begin revenue service in January 2007 would seem to account for the Company projection.

I believe it is necessary for you to know what the Company is planning however, please understand any recall planned beyond August is subject to change due to variety of factors.

Originally the June and August recalls were planned as a simultaneous event. The Company has now chosen to offer two separate recalls. Prior to the August recall another transfer bid will be issued and a clearer picture of where the need to recall will emerge.

The June recall will have 160 positions available in PHL, 20 positions available in BOS and 20 positions available in LGA. Recall letters have been sent to the 200 most senior Flight Attendants on the involuntary furlough list informing them they are being recalled. Recall letters have been sent out to the remainder of involuntary Flight Attendants notifying them of a possible recall based on the more senior Flight Attendants electing to pass. Here are some important points to remember:

Please review Section 19, Reduction in Personnel, of the Flight Attendant Agreement. A link to Section 19 has been provided in this Eline.
An involuntary furloughed Flight Attendant has the option to pass the recall as long as there are more junior Flight Attendants on the involuntary furlough list.
As the Recall Form indicates there are three base choices available as well as the option to pass. Please be aware that if you only want to accept a recall to a particular base and by virtue of your seniority could have held a recall to another base that will be considered a pass.
If you accept recall and you were not previously domiciled in the base awarded and you have not passed a previous mainline recall, you will be eligible for reasonable moving and relocation expenses pursuant to Section 5.A.3 of the Agreement.
If you were displaced from a base prior to your involuntary furlough, you are no longer eligible for priority return to that base.
Recall Forms must be received by Inflight Administration by Noon (EDT), May 3, 2006.
The recall notice and form has been mailed to the most recent address on record with the Company. If you are not sure the Company's has your current address you may call Thelma Summers, Inflight Administration, 8:30 -1700 Monday through Friday at 800 327-0117, prompts 1,5,4,4.
It is critical EVERYONE return the form to Inflight Administration by Noon (EDT) May 3, 2006. Failure to return the form will result in your resignation and your name will be removed from the Flight Attendant Seniority List.

A complete list of involuntary furloughed Flight Attendants has been provided to the Local Councils. Please feel free to call your local representatives or the MEC Office with any questions.

For those involuntary furloughed US Airways Flight Attendants who have accepted a Flight Attendant Position at America West you will not be receiving a recall letter or form. If your seniority entitles you to a recall (affecting your seniority in PHX upon operational integration) that will be noted and you will be so advised by the Company.

Thank you,

Mike Flores, President

If that is the case, then AFA better get it in writing from the company. Be that as it may, AFA specifically said, in an e-line, that not responding to the notice of possible recall would result in a resignation. That's what is in writing and that is what I go by. I turned in my response, but right is right. The company is wrong and AFA needs to get this issue resolved. When our prez sends out a notice saying its a resignation if you don't respond... even when the contract says otherwise... well, I've got a real problem with that.

Unfortunately I do not have an e-mail, E-Line or anything in writing, but I can guarantee that is what I have been told by people that are in my Local Office everyday. Instead of getting all worked up about it, why not just give your Local Council a call and see what they say? Then you can come back and post what you have been told and put an end to this once and for all.

I agree there SHOULD have been an E-Line or something in writing informing the membership that the letter we received was misleading or flat out incorrect if you received a "possibility of recall" letter, but we all know by now what SHOULD happen and what DOES happen are two different things.

Has anyone heard anything yet? I tried to call Thelma but keep getting answering machine. They have to know something by now.How hard is it to count to 200?

How hard is it to count to 200?

What an ignorant thing to say. I am sure there is a great deal more involved than just "counting to 200". I'm sure information must must be relayed back to the company (let's not forget the time difference), before any information will be allowed to be released. Who knows, there may even be some last minute changes in the #'s...keep in mind anything is possible.

I'm sure we're all anxious to hear the actual #'s, but remember the displacements had to wait an entire week before finding out where they were going only a few weeks ago. Patience.

What an ignorant thing to say. I am sure there is a great deal more involved than just "counting to 200". I'm sure information must must be relayed back to the company (let's not forget the time difference), before any information will be allowed to be released. Who knows, there may even be some last minute changes in the #'s...keep in mind anything is possible.

I'm sure we're all anxious to hear the actual #'s, but remember the displacements had to wait an entire week before finding out where they were going only a few weeks ago. Patience.
OK..so we are gonna sit here and name call now? I didnt say "how ignorant are they..or how stupid...ect..I just said "how hard" and I wasnt being ignorant..because I am far from that honey. So get it straight before you say that I made an ignorant remark.

OK..so we are gonna sit here and name call now? I didnt say "how ignorant are they..or how stupid...ect..I just said "how hard" and I wasnt being ignorant..because I am far from that honey. So get it straight before you say that I made an ignorant remark.

Before you throw a childlike tantrum, calling out an ignorant remark is not quite name calling.

I am just saying there is a lot more involved than you clearly realize. That's all.

ok..so now I am throwing a childlike tantrum..oh god get real already...It's not that serious what I said in the first place and if you took it like I was saying something ignorant than you seriously have issues. I never ,to my knowledge have ever said anything mean or thrown a tantrum or acted in any crazy outbursts in nearly the 3 years I have been posting on here...