Recent Trip

emad25

Dec 28, 2004
Hi Folks:
Just wanted to give a brief recap of our recent round trip from PHL to San Juan, Puerto Rico.
I was genuinely impressed with the majority of service given that folks have been operating with 21% less pay and have renegotiated contracts that, while not as steep as 21%, are still less than what you're use to living on.
Needless to say there were also one or two minor areas for improvement.
For example, when leaving PHL, a member of the cockpit crew came on and announced the reason we had not pulled back from the gate yet was because there was a baggage delay. He went on to say it would take about fifteen minutes. THREE MINUTES later he pulled back and off he went. My wife and I were some of the lucky cruise travelers whose luggage DID NOT make that flight. Fortunately, there were two additional flights that day and our luggage arrived later but I think the better customer service approach may have been for a second announcement telling us that "not all luggage was stowed and don't get too upset in San Juan if your luggage is not on this flight, it will arrive a little later". There were approximately 2 dozen disgruntled customers in San Juan. My wife and I were cool with it all because we knew it didn't get loaded (we were sitting near to loading doors) and I knew there were two more flights, BUT not all passengers were aware of that.
The only other problem was 3 hour delay out of San Juan but that's all part of flying I suppose. Had we been on time our 2 1/2 drive home would have been clear sailing, instead we had to drive through small snow storm, but, hey, we made it.
I hope you all can work together on turning things around as we have enjoyed using/flying UsAirways out of PHL for past 5-6 years.
Good luck and may God Bless you all.
Remember, the EAGLES have gotten to where they are by TEAMWORK, not blame and finger pointing.

emad25 said:
Hi Folks:
Just wanted to give a brief recap of our recent round trip from PHL to San Juan, Puerto Rico.
MOD NOTE- deleted the remainder of the post from previous posting. Please dont quote the entire post to post 1 line. Thanks.
[post="239849"][/post]​
perhaps those minor glitches you speak of will get resolved with the next round of concessions :up: we know how that improves morale :D

That's a typical respond around her.....instead of us learning from your experience...we respond with a lame statement. Typical!!!!!! Can't and WON't think outside the box. Anyway, thanx for letting the rest of us know your trip experience!

The mentality will never change around here!! But what would you expect!!

Flufdriver said:
[post="239862"][/post]​

Phl will NEVER change. Like Sands Through the Hour Glass...so are the Days of Our Lives...........and so it goes.

I'd bet half of PitBull's pension that if someone checked 'emad25' IP address there would be a connection to CCY.

Those HQ types just don't know how to troll a message board....

Flufdriver said:
That's a typical respond around her.....instead of us learning from your experience...we respond with a lame statement. Typical!!!!!! Can't and WON't think outside the box. Anyway, thanx for letting the rest of us know your trip experience!

[post="239862"][/post]​

It'll cost the company at least a 30% raise for me to think at all while on the clock.

whatkindoffreshhell said:
I'd bet half of PitBull's pension that if someone checked 'emad25' IP address there would be a connection to CCY.

Those HQ types just don't know how to troll a message board....
[post="239904"][/post]​

When do you want to start sending Pitbull her checks? You're off by a couple hundred miles. :shock:

WOW! I was pulling for you guys, BUT if those replies to my earlier post are typical of the employee perspective you guys are up creek without a paddle.
And for any who think I am from management, I invite you to check out my IP address and find that we are just a leisure travel couple from central Pennsylvania.
However, I must add that the sarcastic and , shall I say, paranoid posts have convinced me to be very, very careful before booking another Usairways flight. Gee, our next trip is to Hilton Head, now let's see...any other airlines fly direct from PHL to SAV? By golly, they do!
Look folks, I work in healthcare and over the last 12 years my company has been downsized, right-sized, we've had a RIF (reduction in force), we've been told to 'work smarter, not harder', we no longer see the half decent raises we once got. But, through it all, most of us have never forgotten who truly butters our bread- the consumer.
So, I thank you for the posted replies because they tell me the ship may not float after all. While I wished you all well earlier, maybe now it's time to stick a fork in it or at least shake loose the dead weight.
Gotta love that good ole Philadelphia attitude- why shoot myself in the foot when the head is much closer!
Good luck and may God Bless- it's needed badly.

Thats what you, unfortunately, get from the PHL and PIT types on this board. Woah is me.

Wonder how many wife-beaters and dog-kickers there are on here.

BTW, holy @rap....There are 6,675 registered users? Wow.

I told you..."What do you expect" didn't I!!! This is way over their heads....we're NOT dealing with full decks here. Not even close, they think so because someone told them to say so...but their not! I can hear it now........."We showed them ("U")!!Yes sir, we showed them!!

emad25 said:
Hi Folks:
He went on to say it would take about fifteen minutes. THREE MINUTES later he pulled back and off he went. My wife and I were some of the lucky cruise travelers whose luggage DID NOT make that flight. Fortunately, there were two additional flights that day and our luggage arrived later but I think the better customer service approach may have been for a second announcement telling us that "not all luggage was stowed and don't get too upset in San Juan if your luggage is not on this flight, it will arrive a little later". There were approximately 2 dozen disgruntled customers in San Juan. My wife and I were cool with it all because we knew it didn't get loaded (we were sitting near to loading doors) and I knew there were two more flights, BUT not all passengers were aware of that.

Emad,

Posters on this board are not representive of the thousands of employees. A minority view at best.

Employees will almost always be vague in PA announcements. Seldom can an emploee rely on the info given to them as many are involved in the decision making process and they typically are just passing along the bit of truth they see fit with their many years of experience.

More than likely this pilot did not want to ruin the 4 hour trip with needless worry for the majority that would recieve their bags. Nor would the Flight Attendants want to deal with the many questions as they have no information access airborne.
Bad situation....yep. Wish there were better solutions.

Hope you fly Usairways next time....it will get better!

emad25 said:
WOW! I was pulling for you guys, BUT if those replies to my earlier post are typical of the employee perspective you guys are up creek without a paddle.

However, I must add that the sarcastic and , shall I say, paranoid posts have convinced me to be very, very careful before booking another Usairways flight.

So, I thank you for the posted replies because they tell me the ship may not float after all. While I wished you all well earlier, maybe now it's time to stick a fork in it or at
Gotta love that good ole Philadelphia attitude- why shoot myself in the foot when the head is much closer!

And they forget this is a public forum.Extrememely public ,now that this website has been plastered over the country by major internet sites and news media .

Some think because one has to pay a dollar or two to join. the general public doesn't know what is being said here because they won't pay to "join".

I guest Control C, Control V , and send is above their heads.

Trip Confirmed said:
emad25 said:
However, I must add that the sarcastic and , shall I say, paranoid posts have convinced me to be very, very careful before booking another Usairways flight.
So, I thank you for the posted replies because they tell me the ship may not float after all. While I wished you all well earlier, maybe now it's time to stick a fork in it or at

And they forget this is a public forum.Extrememely public ,now that this website has been plastered over the country by major internet sites and news media .

Some think because one has to pay a dollar or two to join. the general public doesn't know what is being said here because they won't pay to "join".

Welcome back TC, time to make trouble and be a jerk? Been away too long? Well, you're not wanted.. so go far, far away. Nobody cares WHAT you think or any other trouble making fly by night poster. [deleted by moderator]!! Buh Bye!!

[Mod note- watch the words you are using even with a !@#$%^&* inserted ]

Sorry about the dupe posts.

But as to the last sentence of the last reply to my post, as I said, it IS a public forum. For all to see.

emad25 said:

[post="239922"][/post]​

3 guys on an internet bulletin board and its over? Seriously there are only 5300 people registered here and even if they were ALL US employees (which we all know they arent), there were 3 replies to your post that were, to be polite, questionable and uncalled for.
Many US employees lurk here, but I'm sure that there are a great many more that dont even know this place exists. You just get the ones who like to "be big and talk" posting here with which several of you have now declared all 27000 of us in the same boat. Shame on you. From what I know about the posters with the tude, none of them are front line people as far as I know. Maybe thats why they work behind the scenes? :shock: :down:
From the many US employees who do care about our customers, I'm glad that (most) of the trip went well.

To maybe answer one of the questions posed here regarding why an announcement wasnt made about bags not being onboard. The flight crew would have no way of knowing ,unless someone took the time to check the bag room, xfer point, etc and see bags that werent making the flight and tell the crew, for them to make an announcement in this regard. Since it was a mainline jet, it probably wasnt a weight problem in which case the crew does often know. Otherwise, no one, including the guys loading the plane know that there are still bags at TSA or in the bagroom coming down the chute when they lock it up to go.

Back