"red Tail"

FLYAWAY

Advanced
Dec 27, 2003
Just heard new rumblings about "Red Tail" through one of our execs. There are some obvious choices but this appears to be a new airline or division. Has anyone heard something similar? The talk was about their options(calls) and the potential value. Also, merger in the works with one large carrier and a smaller carrier....not USAirways, but to be announced soon. It would appear the silence is about to become "loud".

delldude said:
duh...this help? :shock: red tail
Doesn't help. Like I said, it's something new. NWA was my first idea too, but there's more to it. Sounds more like "yellow jackets" and "tarheels" with the previously attempted merger fiasco. Something that I omitted which may have been the most important item was "when the new management team arrives"...

FLYAWAY said:
Doesn't help. Like I said, it's something new. NWA was my first idea too, but there's more to it. Sounds more like "yellow jackets" and "tarheels" with the previously attempted merger fiasco. Something that I omitted which may have been the most important item was "when the new management team arrives"...
that article says loads about our future though.....
big BOD meeting on seigels restructuring plan monday...excuse me while i laugh.... :lol:

I think "Herb" said it best. "Two words for the biggest joke in the airline industry...Metro Jet"

Virgin Atlantic aircraft have red tails, although Virgin Express and Virgin Blue have white tails. Who knows what color tail Virgin US is planning?

Rob said:
Virgin Atlantic aircraft have red tails, although Virgin Express and Virgin Blue have white tails. Who knows what color tail Virgin US is planning?
I have no idea, but mine is pretty red and sore from the last two rounds of concessions. Maybe that's what they're referring to. The employees "tails" are about to get much more red and sore! :blink:

The red tail is Northwest, I think that was thier slogan at one point, Fly The Red tails. If US did have to merge, NW (I refuse to call it NWA- makes me think of Easy E :blink: ) would make the most sense. It would be bye bye PIT though.

Light Years said:
The red tail is Northwest, I think that was thier slogan at one point, Fly The Red tails. If US did have to merge, NW (I refuse to call it NWA- makes me think of Easy E :blink: ) would make the most sense. It would be bye bye PIT though.
strait outta compton YO!

Can't you see it now... Those PIT that were displaced to Phl..... Going to DTW.... HA HA HA HA HA HA I'll Take PHL ANYDAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!

FLYAWAY said:
Just heard new rumblings about "Red Tail" through one of our execs. There are some obvious choices but this appears to be a new airline or division. Has anyone heard something similar? The talk was about their options(calls) and the potential value. Also, merger in the works with one large carrier and a smaller carrier....not USAirways, but to be announced soon. It would appear the silence is about to become "loud".
"Red Tail" is NWA. Do you know why they have red tails?

In the old days, when airlines were just starting out, they flew mail. Northwest, of course, flew in the snow country. Therefore, when an aircraft went down (crashed) in the snow, the only way they could find it was the tail sticking outa the snow...painting them red made it much easier to find them.

Light Years said:
Please don't say that! Why, don't you know the world is just dying to have someone maintain a hub in Pittsburgh!!! :lol: :lol: HAHA! I can only WISH that someone like NW would do that and finally show PIT the door and give them a swift kick in the seat at the same time. That city and airport has cost US Airways millions of unneeded expenses, and also has been the chief locus point of the "Pittsburgh mentality", the same mentaltity which helped kill the stell mills and is also why Southwest even refuses to go there, lest they hire by accident some local hammer and sickle flag knitting goofoff.

NW buying US would be the best thing that could happen, but somehow I suspect it won't. Methinks US will get it's throat slit by it's unions, and other carriers will divide the gates and planes amongst themselves.