REDUCE THE FLEET TYPE TO FOUR AIRCRAFT

Just like the B737-600/700/800/900 can all be considered one fleet type and pilot rating, as well as the B767/757, so are the A318/319/320/321. Maybe you should have said A33x, A35x, B757/67, A32x. BUT, since the E-190s will be considered a mainline aircraft, that will inevitably end up being a fifth aircraft type.

My only concern with the A321 is configuration. Currently, those jets ply the core transcon routes to SFO/LAX, and have 26 First Class seats. That vast F cabin keeps upgrading elites like me very, very happy. Replacing them with 757s even in the HP configuration would mean, at best, twelve fewer F-cabin seats and correspondingly a sharp decline in upgrades. Any A321 replacement has got to keep that 26-seat First Class cabin.

Not to mention the vastly better IFE system, more comfortable seats and in-seat Empower ports.

Yes, the A321 is an underpowered, slow-to-climb pig, but it's a very passenger-friendly pig.

RUMOR-and strictly rumor only- US Airways will reduce First Class seating on the A321, and add coach seats...

Remember we all get what we pay for...

The A321 would have been a catagory killer with a different wing coupled with more powerful engines.

RUMOR-and strictly rumor only- US Airways will reduce First Class seating on the A321, and add coach seats...

Remember we all get what we pay for...

The A321 would have been a catagory killer with a different wing coupled with more powerful engines.

From my understanding in talking with the 321 pilots who fly into Denver they already need about 8500 ft of runway fully loaded @ 50 degrees air temp. If they added anymore economy seats the aircraft will barely even be able to fly into denver in the spring, and probably not at all in the summer.

I think the 737 reduction would be good, airbus has the ability to have more parts interchanged between the 320 series, and for the most part is more passenger friendly and ramp friendly.

What I dont get is why USAir doesnt just consider dumping the 757/767 and get the 787, its a replacement for both and sounds like it will be a much better aircraft than the A330/350 (a renamed A330)/757/767 combined, plus lower operating costs.

That would leave long term E190/319-320-321/787, reducing it to 3 fleet types.

As far as I've heard, there are no plans to reduce F seating on the A321s. What has been confirmed is that they are going to pull a row of F out of the US A320s, but also add a row and a half of F back to the US domestic-service 757s - making them conform to HP seating.

I really hope Tempe isn't stupid enough to take F out of A321s.

What I dont get is why USAir doesnt just consider dumping the 757/767 and get the 787, its a replacement for both and sounds like it will be a much better aircraft than the A330/350 (a renamed A330)/757/767 combined, plus lower operating costs.

Well, that's the breaks when Airbus offers a quarter billion in exit financing and Boeing doesn't. You tend to do what Airbus wants, and that's order some A350s plus keep the A330 orders (deferred a couple extra years). B)

From my understanding in talking with the 321 pilots who fly into Denver they already need about 8500 ft of runway fully loaded @ 50 degrees air temp. If they added anymore economy seats the aircraft will barely even be able to fly into denver in the spring, and probably not at all in the summer.

I think the 737 reduction would be good, airbus has the ability to have more parts interchanged between the 320 series, and for the most part is more passenger friendly and ramp friendly.

A321: If FC seats taken out, coach added, that in itself would not be a problem, especially on routes in an out of DEN. Plenty of weight left over for 12000 feet runways. BTW, you should see the A321 climbs out of DEN in the summer at 90F ;)

B787 is still years off, and production taken the first few years.

Adding a type (E190) is maybe not the smartest/best decision, since we already have regionals seating 90 pax...(though, no FC). Yeah, we heard in the past about 'great deals"...I.E. F100.