Republic orders additional 13 ERJ-175

Republic ordered an additional 13 ERJ-175s today. It did not say where the airplanes would go from there. I hope they will go to US since Republic is taking back 5 ERJ-170s to go to Frontier.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/070713/spf001.html?.v=69

Oh geez - that's the answer to Republic's current operational problems! Sounds like true US Airways managment "We don't have enough crews to staff the flights/airplanes we have. Whatever should we do? . . . That's it! We'll order MORE airplanes!"

Oh geez - that's the answer to Republic's current operational problems! Sounds like true US Airways managment "We don't have enough crews to staff the flights/airplanes we have. Whatever should we do? . . . That's it! We'll order MORE airplanes!"

If you order it they will come... :blink:

Maybe they're to replace some Mesa 900's. Maybe they're for Frontier or Delta.
I have no idea about these 13 specific E175's, but Republic is going to be operating 30 E175's as USX by the end of next year. In exchange, they'll be operating 5 less E170's and all the CHQ E145's will go elsewhere.

Jim

Why on earth would anyone want 13 more outsourced planes on the property? 30 airplanes. Do the math of how many jobs that is.

Why on earth would anyone want 13 more outsourced planes on the property? 30 airplanes. Do the math of how many jobs that is.
I assume it was the price that had to be paid by the company to get rid of some 50 seaters (CHQ 145's) years before the contract was up. The overall number of airplanes being operated by divisions of Republic Holdings will remain about the same.

Jim

Yeah but 50 seat regional jets and full size, 86 seat jets with near transcon range- the same damm airplane we operate minus a couple of rows-are two different things in my book.

Also they are branded Embraer 175s, or E175s, not ERJ-175s. In fact they are officially desingnated Embraer 170-200LRs. E175 and E195 are marketing names.

The opposite is true for thier 145 family. They are officially desingnated EMB145s but were marketed as ERJs. At the time the term 'RJ' meant modern and cool prop replacement, now the term 'regional jet' is associated with bad service and cramped airplanes on inappropriate routes. They also wanted to avoid association with thier EMB120 Brasilia prop line. When the 170/190 family was in development the ERJ moniker was used, but was dropped as the aircraft became more of a traditional small jet as opposed to a large RJ like Bombardiers product.

Embraer is more interested in selling the jets to major carriers than to regionals who's fortunes and contracts can change at any given time, particularly with upcoming consolidation.

the same damm airplane we operate minus a couple of rows-are two different things in my book.
No argument here, but when the MEC approved a transition agreement allowing up to 93 of that size aircraft to be flown as USX that horse left the barn never to be seen again.

Also they are branded Embraer 175s, or E175s, not ERJ-175s. In fact they are officially desingnated Embraer 170-200LRs. E175 and E195 are marketing names.
The opposite is true for thier 145 family. They are officially desingnated EMB145s but were marketed as ERJs. At the time the term 'RJ' meant modern and cool prop replacement, now the term 'regional jet' is associated with bad service and cramped airplanes on inappropriate routes. They also wanted to avoid association with thier EMB120 Brasilia prop line. When the 170/190 family was in development the ERJ moniker was used, but was dropped as the aircraft became more of a traditional small jet as opposed to a large RJ like Bombardiers product.
Does this mean I can't just say 737, but have to say Boeing B737-301, Boeing B737-33A, Boeing B737-3S3, etc? Wouldn't want to confuse anyone.

Embraer is more interested in selling the jets to major carriers than to regionals who's fortunes and contracts can change at any given time, particularly with upcoming consolidation.
I suspect that Embraer is willing to sell to anyone who shows them the money....

Jim

No argument here, but when the MEC approved a transition agreement allowing up to 93 of that size aircraft to be flown as USX that horse left the barn never to be seen again.
Does this mean I can't just say 737, but have to say Boeing B737-301, Boeing B737-33A, Boeing B737-3S3, etc? Wouldn't want to confuse anyone.
I suspect that Embraer is willing to sell to anyone who shows them the money....

Jim

I wasn't being a smarty pants, just providing trivia.

Of course they will sell them to anyone, just info I read in an article about the development of the aircraft and dropping of the ERJ. Just interesting, or not really, stuff.