Republic Selling RJ's

jimntx

Veteran
Jun 28, 2003
Dallas, TX
www.usaviation.com
Got this from a friend who flies for Frontier. My friend's interpretation of the transaction is that ALL of the 190's that Frontier (Lynx) flies are up for sale.

click here

A quote from the article..."Full technical specifications of the available EMB 190 aircraft can be found at www.skyworld.co.uk, as well as EMB 170's, Dash 8 Q400's and ERJ 145's which are also being marketed on behalf of Republic."

My friend's interpretation of the transaction is that ALL of the 190's that Frontier (Lynx) flies are up for sale.
Lynx never flew the 190's, only Dash 8's, and was all but shut down after Republic purchased Frontier. Republic flies all the 190's at it's "branded operation", as it calls Frontier, so maybe this has more to do with Republic's commitment to become a minority holder of Frontier since Frontier is the only place Republic can fly the 190's.

Jim

I didn't realize that Frontier flew the E-190s. I thought they had an all-Airbus fleet.
Frontier flies the E190's the same way (effectively) that AA flies ERJ145's - with a regional division owned by the same holding company that owns AA. RAH (Republic Air Holdings) is the parent company, with several airline divisions including Frontier and Republic. Frontier flies the Airbuses and Republic flies the E170/175/190's. The wrinkle is that RAH merged Frontier, Midwest (what little was left) and Republic seniority and operates the three (at least the parts of Republic that don't fly for DL/US/UA) as what RAH calls it's "branded operation". So financial results are broken down into "branded operations", Republic (affiliate RJ feed operations for other carriers), Shuttle America, etc.

How that will all work out after RAH divests the majority share of Frontier remains to be seen. Especially since the E190's can't be flown anywhere but Frontier because of existing mainline scope. Maybe RAH is trying to sell some or all of the E190's knowing that they won't have anywhere to fly them after becoming a minority owner of Frontier (that's pure speculation).

Jim