Republicans (including Sen. John Cornyn) disagree with Ted Cruz

southwind said:
And Isis continues to exist and expand because of the incompetent potus we have at the moment. There is no getting around that!

Why, because he won't send in the 82 Airborne?  Oh, yeah because that worked so well before.

If your so big on going back in why don't you volunteer?

delldude said:

Actually, it appears exiting Iraq created the rise of ISIS.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VX1gdpEFAzg[/media]

Obviously this guy doesn't know what he's talking about.

delldude said:

Actually, it appears exiting Iraq created the rise of ISIS.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VX1gdpEFAzg[/media]

Obviously this guy doesn't know what he's talking about.

What so called conservatives always seem to forget is that it was the Bush Administration that set the time line for withdrawal from Iraq.  Are you saying that GWB made a mistake?

And obviously these guys don't know what they're talking about.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/gen-zinni-theyve-screwed-up/

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2007/04/iraqgenerals200704

Ifly2 said:
Cruz, The "Annointed One" is merely the vanguard of those who would subject the (somewhat...) free people of the United States to some sort of unholy Christian Caliphate.
They have openly declared exactly that as their goal
They have announted Cruz The Messiah
Read up on the the Christian Dominionists
Only difference is that they use the weapons of our society, namely scaring the sheep and the legislator's pen, instead of the scimitar, and that they read from a different book.
Most dangerous person in the race, if you believe in freedom.
Dude, you and everyone else know there is only one "Anointed One"!

777 fixer said:

What so called conservatives always seem to forget is that it was the Bush Administration that set the time line for withdrawal from Iraq.  Are you saying that GWB made a mistake?

And obviously these guys don't know what they're talking about.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/gen-zinni-theyve-screwed-up/

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2007/04/iraqgenerals200704

Funny, I remember oBama crowing about HE was bringing the troops home. With your logic over Bush setting the timetable and being responsible for the timeline, then Bush also took out UBL.

The president who spent years touting the withdrawal of all U.S. forces from Iraq suddenly has had to distance himself from that action.

At the White House on Saturday morning — less than 48 hours after authorizing airstrikes against Islamist militants and humanitarian air drops to save the lives of trapped Iraqi civilians — President Obama blamed his predecessor, George W. Bush, for the absence of American troops in Iraq and rejected the assertion that he could have left a small peacekeeping force in the war-torn nation.

He uttered those after three years, and a successful re-election campaign, in which the full removal of U.S. forces from Iraq was cast as this White House’s most significant foreign policy achievement and one Mr. Obama had promised all the way back to the earliest days of his first presidential campaign in 2008.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/aug/11/obama-adjusts-iraq-narrative-now-blames-george-w-b/?page=all

delldude said:

Funny, I remember oBama crowing about HE was bringing the troops home. With your logic over Bush setting the timetable and being responsible for the timeline, then Bush also took out UBL.

Nice try dell.  As president Obama could just have easily kept the troops there.  It seems that you can't admit to yourself that GWB was an incompetent commander in chief.  That in despite of all his respect for those in uniform he would rather listen to likes of Rumsfeld, Cheney, Wolfowitz etc.  Not people who actually knew something about war. 

777 fixer said:
Nice try dell.  As president Obama could just have easily kept the troops there.  It seems that you can't admit to yourself that GWB was an incompetent commander in chief.  That in despite of all his respect for those in uniform he would rather listen to likes of Rumsfeld, Cheney, Wolfowitz etc.  Not people who actually knew something about war.
"
"Incompetent commander in chief!" Damn! That rings a bell!
And when was the last time Barack listened to anyone but Ayers,Jarrett, Pelosi and Reed?

southwind said:
"
"Incompetent commander in chief!" Damn! That rings a bell!
And when was the last time Barack listened to anyone but Ayers,Jarrett, Pelosi and Reed?

4000 dead Americans along with a couple hundred thousand Iraqi's beats any screw up Obama has made.  Not that you care on either count.

777 fixer said:

Actually, no he couldn't. His left fringe base was threatening to withhold campaign cash.
Bush is/was no less competent than any other CIC who learned and dealt rather quickly with things that come through the door. 
Be thankful we aren't in anything heavy now....

777 fixer said:

4000 dead Americans along with a couple hundred thousand Iraqi's beats any screw up Obama has made.  Not that you care on either count.

He's working on it...

obamavsbush.jpg

Might have a little something to do with W abandoning the War On Terror, and against AQ, which was largely in Afghanistan, in order to conduct the NeoCons' failed experiment in nation building (ha fucking ha...)

Had he and they focused on doing what they started out to do, and what they told the American people thay they were going to do, the total would most likely have been much lower and the results much better and sooner.

Then he could have actually taken credit for a success, instead of forever being remembered for the utter complete and humiliating failure.

777 fixer said:

yeah they all went there with Obama and other dems votes

oBama was an absent voting state senator at that time, however a whole bunch of his future comrades helped out.

Huffpo:

Here are the Democratic Senators who voted YEA on October 2002.
Baucus (D-MT), Yea
Bayh (D-IN), Yea
Biden (D-DE), Yea
Breaux (D-LA), Yea
Cantwell (D-WA), Yea
Carnahan (D-MO), Yea
Carper (D-DE), Yea
Cleland (D-GA), Yea
Clinton (D-NY), Yea
Daschle (D-SD), Yea
Dodd (D-CT), Yea
Dorgan (D-ND), Yea
Edwards (D-NC), Yea
Feinstein (D-CA), Yea
Harkin (D-IA), Yea
Hollings (D-SC), Yea
Johnson (D-SD), Yea
Kerry (D-MA), Yea
Kohl (D-WI), Yea
Landrieu (D-LA), Yea
Lieberman (D-CT), Yea
Lincoln (D-AR), Yea
Miller (D-GA), Yea
Nelson (D-FL), Yea
Nelson (D-NE), Yea
Reid (D-NV), Yea
Rockefeller (D-WV), Yea
Schumer (D-NY), Yea
Torricelli (D-NJ), Yea

They were also lied to by the administration, but thank you for confirming that Rat was wrong

cltrat said:
yeah they all went there with Obama and other dems votes

I'm not as active as I used to be...but if you'll check my profile, I joined this site in August, 2002...about 6 months BEFORE the Iraq war.  And I was pretty active here in my opposition to our venture in Iraq.  I can recall that I was considered an America hating terrorist supporter....and so were members of congress.  That is perhaps their biggest failure....they fell into the uber "patriotism" that followed 9/11.  You know, the patriotism that gave us the NSA....except back then we were told (by your side) "if you haven't done anything wrong, you don't have anything to worry about".  I remember when we had "Freedom Fries"....renamed because of French opposition to the war in Iraq.  The same war that French president Jaques Chirac said that all we would accomplish would be to create "a lot of little bin ladens".    And bin laden was that guy that W "didn't think about much".  

Yeah...it's sure easy to look back and show us all the democrats who voted for the war.  Kind of like thinking back about all the politicians who lacked the spine to stand up to Joe McCarthy in the 50's.  But 12 years ago...why that's just "ancient history" now

Back